Post Pictures of YOU v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Yeah, I forgot you have bassett hounds too, LOL. What are their names?

Sam and Winston. My buddies!

Good stuff Gooseman! I told ya about my situation. My boys want a dog REAL bad. I'm stuck with the fact that if I get a dog, the wildlife activity patterns around my home will most certainly change. However, I'm of the mind to throw caution in the wind.

If you're talking about deer and squirrels they get used to dogs being around. It doesn't take them long.

And the dog crap that will inevitably get tracked into my lovely home...that too

That's called picking up the dog poop. I assume you're not a dog person then?

Cat person all the way. I like dogs, but earning the trust and love of a feline is more endearing to me for some reason. Can't explain it

That's because you actually have to earn the trust and love of a cat. Dogs like pretty much everyone, as long the person is a good person. Cats not so much.

I have semi-trained (it is a cat after all) my cat to jump up onto the back of the couch when she meows at me to pet her, i go to the couch and scratch/pat it and she jumps up, and I don't have to bend down.

I think there are cats that love about anyone just as there are dogs that are distrustful of everyone but their owner. I don't think you can generalize like that.

With a dog all you get is a wagging tail and the opportunity to throw a stick.

If you really think that it's obvious you've never had a dog. Dogs can be every bit as affectionate as cats. :)

Good stuff Gooseman! I told ya about my situation. My boys want a dog REAL bad. I'm stuck with the fact that if I get a dog, the wildlife activity patterns around my home will most certainly change. However, I'm of the mind to throw caution in the wind.

If you're talking about deer and squirrels they get used to dogs being around. It doesn't take them long.

And the dog crap that will inevitably get tracked into my lovely home...that too

Cat person all the way. I like dogs, but earning the trust and love of a feline is more endearing to me for some reason. Can't explain it

That's because you actually have to earn the trust and love of a cat. Dogs like pretty much everyone, as long the person is a good person. Cats not so much.

I have semi-trained (it is a cat after all) my cat to jump up onto the back of the couch when she meows at me to pet her, i go to the couch and scratch/pat it and she jumps up, and I don't have to bend down.

I think there are cats that love about anyone just as there are dogs that are distrustful of everyone but their owner. I don't think you can generalize like that.

If you really think that it's obvious you've never had a dog. Dogs can be every bit as affectionate as cats. :)

No I love dogs but they seem like a lot more effort. I've been looking after two of my freinds dogs today and they're really affectionate but not in the same way as cats :pussy:

No I love dogs but they seem like a lot more effort. I've been looking after two of my freinds dogs today and they're really affectionate but not in the same way as cats :pussy:

All dogs are different just like all cats are different. Some dogs like to sit on your lap and cuddle while others are more hands off and affectionate that way. Not all cats like to sit in your lap or even be petted much. It just depends. They're very much like people.

Edited by EagleMoon

According to a book I read by an NYC Medical Examiner, if you die in the house your cat will eat you, starting with soft, tender bits like the lips and eyeballs.

Which is fine, since I'm no longer using them and I wouldn't want my cat to starve.

• Like 3

According to a book I read by an NYC Medical Examiner, if you die in the house your cat will eat you, starting with soft, tender bits like the lips and eyeballs.

Which is fine, since I'm no longer using them and I wouldn't want my cat to starve.

so when you wake up and your cat is staring at you, they're really making a plan on what to eat first.

that gives me a warm and fuzzy.

• Like 4

How did that examiner come to that conclusion? Were there hundreds or at least dozens of cases with that same occurrence? If it's something that larger wild cats do, then it's not like they'd necessarily behave the same way.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I'm the same way. Cats are awesome. I like dogs too, but there is nothing like have a cat curl up in your lap and fall asleep.
  • Like 2

Dogs will protect you.

Cats look to protect themselves and leave you to the dogs. :laughing guy:

but cats don't bark when the hear a squirrel fart. They don't eat poop out of the litter box, and then come and lick you. Cats don't lick their balls in front of company. Cats don't need to be let out, and you can go away for the weekend, and they are fine.
  • Like 1

I'm the same way. Cats are awesome. I like dogs too, but there is nothing like have a cat curl up in your lap and fall asleep.

You just like "pussy" cats Edited by Tombstone Mountain

How did that examiner come to that conclusion? Were there hundreds or at least dozens of cases with that same occurrence? If it's something that larger wild cats do, then it's not like they'd necessarily behave the same way.

There were cases where that had happened, but she didn't specify how many.

Dogs will protect you.

but cats don't bark when the hear a squirrel fart. They don't eat poop out of the litter box, and then come and lick you. Cats don't lick their balls in front of company. Cats don't need to be let out, and you can go away for the weekend, and they are fine.

Cats don't lick their balls in front of company? I never knew a cat that didn't unless it was of course, neutered. :LOL:

Cats can also spray foul-smelling urine that you can't get the smell out no matter what you do.

• Like 2

Dogs will protect you.

Cats don't lick their balls in front of company? I never knew a cat that didn't unless it was of course, neutered. :LOL:

Cats can also spray foul-smelling urine that you can't get the smell out no matter what you do.

It's just the unneutered (or neutered too late) male cats that spray.

Dogs will protect you.

We had a mini Dachshund female that was terrible about going out. She was vindictive about it as well. Such a ornery pisser...literally. Dachshunds as a breed can be like that.

Dogs will protect you.

We had a mini Dachshund female that was terrible about going out. She was vindictive about it as well. Such a ornery pisser...literally. Dachshunds as a breed can be like that.

I dated a woman who's family had a Fox Terrier who would jump up on the dinning room table and piss if you were ignoring him. That dog was the offspring of Satan himself. :rage:
  • Like 1

Dogs will protect you.

Most cats I know usually are in hiding when there is company. :LOL:

And I always get my cats fixed. Don't need the spraying, or the howling of a female in heat!

This picture is FANTASTIC!! I love basset hounds. I wish we could get another dog. It would be a basset. :wub:

I love it when they bay! Awooooooo!

Me too. My basset, Dexter, does that sometimes, LOL