The Color Of Right

GrandDesigner

When I sit at my computer and throw my iTunes library on shuffle (about 7,000 songs), no matter what, The Color Of Right comes on. Every single damn time. I wouldn't put it in my top 100 favorite Rush songs yet it has like quadruple the play count of any other Rush song.

It is an amazing song, the pre-chorus is just completely captivating ("take it easy..."). It's probably not in my top 100 Rush songs either, but if it comes on, I'm not not going to listen to it. One of my many favorites on T4E.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 6 2010, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 6 2010, 08:29 AM)
Steve Jobs likes The Color of Right.

Is that the same as the color of money?

No, but it is the colour of shite wink.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 6 2010, 07:25 AM)
When I sit at my computer and throw my iTunes library on shuffle (about 7,000 songs), no matter what, The Color Of Right comes on. Every single damn time. I wouldn't put it in my top 100 favorite Rush songs yet it has like quadruple the play count of any other Rush song.

Your shuffle mode doesn't work properly! confused13.gif

My highest played song is "The Larger Bowl", but S&A songs have a leg up due to more frequent playing of that album in the last three years just due to it's newness. "afterimage" is my highest played non-S&A song. Of course this is random + sometimes selected play.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jun 6 2010, 04:54 PM)
My highest played song is "The Larger Bowl", but S&A songs have a leg up due to more frequent playing of that album in the last three years just due to it's newness. "afterimage" is my highest played non-S&A song. Of course this is random + sometimes selected play.

afterimage is my highest played of all rush songs

hey look, I already said that above.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 6 2010, 01:58 PM)

To me, easily one of Rush's worst songs EVER......

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 6 2010, 07:29 AM)

So the color or right is either white of brushed aluminum.

interesting.

My most played song according to iTunes is Echoes (Pink Floyd)...somehow a 23 and a half minute song is my most played.

Most played Rush song is Subdivisions, which is #2 overall anyway.

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Jun 6 2010, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 6 2010, 07:29 AM)

So the color or right is either white of brushed aluminum.

interesting.

My most played song according to iTunes is Echoes (Pink Floyd)...somehow a 23 and a half minute song is my most played.

Most played Rush song is Subdivisions, which is #2 overall anyway.

Haha, I like how my one comment led to so many good rips on Apple. Woot.

Surprisingly, my most played Rush song is at #10 in my most played. It is "The Enemy Within". But I have so much Rush that I listen to that the play counts are spread over more than 300 songs!

My top played song overall is "Ace Of Wands" by Steve Hackett. I only have two of his albums on my iPod, so obviously there isn't much to choose from. I'm not complaining, though, I love the song!

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 6 2010, 05:25 AM)
When I sit at my computer and throw my iTunes library on shuffle (about 7,000 songs), no matter what, The Color Of Right comes on.  Every single damn time.  I wouldn't put it in my top 100 favorite Rush songs yet it has like quadruple the play count of any other Rush song.

Sorry. I prefer "The Color Of Wrong." tongue.gif

"The Color Of Right" is a very weak Rush song.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 6 2010, 03:20 PM)
The Color of Right is one kickass song, easily in my top 25 rush songs.

You know, I like TFE alot, and while I don't mind that song...you have to be kidding with us right?! wacko.gif

Just from AFTK through MP, we already have 23 songs that are easily better. Then, just throw in 2112 (song), and Something For Nothing.

There...25 songs better! wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 6 2010, 03:58 PM)

Does 'shite' rhyme with right? or it?

Just askin'

Thanks

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 6 2010, 11:28 PM)
Surprisingly, my most played Rush song is at #10 in my most played. It is "The Enemy Within". But I have so much Rush that I listen to that the play counts are spread over more than 300 songs!

My top played song overall is "Ace Of Wands" by Steve Hackett. I only have two of his albums on my iPod, so obviously there isn't much to choose from. I'm not complaining, though, I love the song!

Funny, "Ace of Wands" is what I called my brother from ages 14-16....

His bedroom door was always locked....

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 6 2010, 10:28 PM)
But I have so much Rush that I listen to that the play counts are spread over more than 300 songs!

I have this same issue. In fact, I have all the songs in my collection "rated" with stars and then have dynamic playlists based on the stars (background music = 2 stars+, kind of listening = 3+, In the mood to sit and listen 4+, Cream of the crop 5+) and I have to grade Rush downward because if I don't my better playlists just be come "Rush + other stuff". If I'm really in the mood for Rush I'm putting on a Rush playlist.

In fact, I think at least half my collection has been built up just to be able to include all the Rush songs I like into my random playlists without having them be constant Rush.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 7 2010, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 6 2010, 03:58 PM)

Does 'shite' rhyme with right? or it?

Just askin'

Thanks

Err....right.

That was the whole point of the post smile.gif

To be honest...if I were ranking TFE songs, 'The Color of Right' would be in my bottom two (with Carve Away The Stone)...and yup, that means under Dog Years as well. laugh.gif

BTW...this is coming from a guy who actually LOVES the Test For Echo album!

I just wanted to point that out, as I am surprised to hear a few people actually saying that this is one of their favourite Rush songs of all-time.

We are all definitely very different!! ohmy.gif

Archived