Soooo, I got the VIP package. . .

Mara

Am I mean? Husband told me it was okay to get the VIP package for myself and a less expensive ticket for him. I STILL got him a good seat.

I am about 8 rows back from the front, Alex's side, seat 4 so it's close to the middle.

I just don't have the steel set required to wait until the day of the show and hope.

Plus this gets me the documentary DVD!

Atlanta VIP package was, all totaled, $284.65.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 10:55 AM)
Am I mean? Husband told me it was okay to get the VIP package for myself and a less expensive ticket for him. I STILL got him a good seat.

I am about 8 rows back from the front, Alex's side, seat 4 so it's close to the middle.

I just don't have the steel set required to wait until the day of the show and hope.

653.gif

Nothing wrong with that. Hope you enjoy.

That was a nice thing he did. Make sure you let him know how much you appreciate it.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 30 2010, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 10:55 AM)
Am I mean?  Husband told me it was okay to get the VIP package for myself and a less expensive ticket for him.  I STILL got him a good seat.

653.gif

Nothing wrong with that. Hope you enjoy.

That was a nice thing he did. Make sure you let him know how much you appreciate it.

Oh believe me, he does know. He simply told me, "Look, Rush is your thing. I know how much they mean to you. Get yourself the best seat possible, within reason."

I made a real effort to pull him a good ticket. He's 15 rows on Geddy's side, but he has the end seat towards the center. MUCH better than we had last time round. He's happy, and I told him we could definitely trade seats for a few songs.

Agh, as usual I am beating myself up for spending a shitload of money. I'm usually really frugal, but this means so much to me. I don't attend many concerts at all. (I don't do credit cards/lines of credit - it's paid for NOW).

Still, there's a lot of stuff in the package I'd have bought anyway - the program, a t-shirt, definitely the documentary DVD, and most likely the new songs. My husband will like the Working Men CD and maybe it will keep him from stealing my Rush CDs and putting them back in the wrong cases. tongue.gif The only thing I have no use for are the guitar picks, and he's rather psyched about those.

Plus I volunteered for an assignment at work and if I'm careful, I can pocket most of the per diem, which will amount to a little over $600.

Just a little self-justification there!

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 07:55 AM)

For all that you only had to pay $284? WTH is going on with the Seattle show? That same ticket would cost you about $1,000 here.

You're going to have a kick ass time Mara! And on Alex's side! If you take your camera, snap some Al pics for me?? :beg: And enjoy the show for me. With those Seattle prices, I won't be going. sad.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 09:55 AM)

Congrats! I wanted to but couldn't. Hoping one way or another to get a couple of the items from someone I know who bought multiple packages/shows.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 01:25 PM)
Agh, as usual I am beating myself up for spending a shitload of money. I'm usually really frugal, but this means so much to me. I don't attend many concerts at all. (I don't do credit cards/lines of credit - it's paid for NOW).
Still, there's a lot of stuff in the package I'd have bought anyway - the program, a t-shirt, definitely the documentary DVD, and most likely the new songs. My husband will like the Working Men CD and maybe it will keep him from stealing my Rush CDs and putting them back in the wrong cases. tongue.gif The only thing I have no use for are the guitar picks, and he's rather psyched about those.

Plus I volunteered for an assignment at work and if I'm careful, I can pocket most of the per diem, which will amount to a little over $600.

Ive been there. It seems not worth it, until you walk to your seats. Then its worth every penny. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 01:25 PM)

You won't be beating yourself up when you're there!

Look: A couple months ago, I spent a lot of money on... a handbag. I felt horrible about it, really did. But I have not wanted or looked at another friggin handbag since -- in other words, no money went towards crap handbags that fell apart. You know why? Because I got what I wanted and stopped wanting whatever was close.

Same with the tix. You have the next tour to buy shitty tickets wink.gif And I'm sure you've spent enough on just OK tickets without any extras. This time you went for it and you know what? It's gonna be awesome!

So kwitcher bitchin tongue.gif haha jk

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 30 2010, 09:48 PM)
You have the next tour to buy shitty tickets wink.gif

and if ya dont want shitty tickets next tour, start putting aside a little money here and there into a "Rush Fund" wink.gif

I started doing that about a year ago and a dollar here and a dollar there really added up! Right now there's almost $400 in that account (which next month will go toward paying off the tickets I put on VISA)

Checking account = unharmed smile.gif

Edited by Tarkus407

Thanks for the enabling! Really, I've been cutting extra corners since I learned of possible tour plans. ("Do I really want those earrings, or do I want a killer Rush seat?")

I wasn't even going to go there with the VIP seats. I'd already bought the one ticket and was really going for gold. The auction wasn't even a contender - I suck at stuff like that because I don't know how to strategize, and prices are well above what I want to pay. Or can pay.

But after 25 minutes of throwing back just-okay seats, I clicked on the VIP just for shits n' giggles. When that seat came up first try, I said, "okay, gonna do it now before I talk myself out of it and lose it." Done.

If I don't get to go next year, for whatever unforeseen reason, I'll have had this. And since the package includes roughly $100 worth of stuff I'd have bought anyway, I figure the ticket cost me maybe $180. Not bad. If the poster design is like the logo we're seeing already, it will look really nice framed and hung in the bedroom.

I think it's the best way to go if you can spend the dough!

I usually drop thousands of dollars per tour to sit up in the first three rows.

Presales and a waste of time unless you get lucky!

Spending the 610 bucks for two VIP tix is the way to go if you don't want to get screwed.

I bought two VIP tix for the first Red Rocks show and two VIP tix for the second show.

I have row 12 and row 9. DONE.

I decided to go STUBHUB for the New Mexico show since Wendy and I are bringing the girls.

I paid $150 USD per ticket for row T on Alex's side. Again, that is affordable to me.

As for the closest show from my house, Moutain View I am going to wait out to the bitter end and go for 1st or 2nd row.

I've done it before. If you get row AA BB or CC you get wristbands for the pit! and stand before the greatest band in the land.

"It's the only way to fly"

1022.gif

My hubby is staying home for the Vegas show so I could get VIP. He and my son and I are going to the Salt Lake City show the week before, so it's not like they are missing Rush completely! My husband is totally patient with my Rush obsession! Total for Vegas VIP - $350 ohmy.gif

So far, I have spent just shy of $700 just on TICKETS for Rush shows! This is not including hotel, gas for the SLC show or hotel and airfare for the Vegas show. Just realized that I think I married a saint! yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:45 PM)
My hubby is staying home for the Vegas show so I could get VIP. He and my son and I are going to the Salt Lake City show the week before, so it's not like they are missing Rush completely! My husband is totally patient with my Rush obsession! Total for Vegas VIP - $350 ohmy.gif

So far, I have spent just shy of $700 just on TICKETS for Rush shows! This is not including hotel, gas for the SLC show or hotel and airfare for the Vegas show. Just realized that I think I married a saint! yes.gif

Not a bad deal Rushchick!!

You have a cool husband!!!

My wife Wendy puts up with my obsession too. The trade off is I have to book nice hotels and take her out on the town for a nice dinner and of course drinks after the gig.

It's a win win for me!

Cheers!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 1 2010, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:45 PM)
My hubby is staying home for the Vegas show so I could get VIP.  He and my son and I are going to the Salt Lake City show the week before, so it's not like they are missing Rush completely!  My husband is totally patient with my Rush obsession!  Total for Vegas VIP - $350  ohmy.gif

So far, I have spent just shy of $700 just on TICKETS for Rush shows!  This is not including hotel, gas for the SLC show or hotel and airfare for the Vegas show.  Just realized that I think I married a saint!  yes.gif

Not a bad deal Rushchick!!

You have a cool husband!!!

My wife Wendy puts up with my obsession too. The trade off is I have to book nice hotels and take her out on the town for a nice dinner and of course drinks after the gig.

It's a win win for me!

Cheers!

trink39.gif

Hubby and son really like Rush a lot. But, I am definately the Rush nut in the family. I can tell that hubby is a little disappointed that he's not going to Vegas, but he wants to make sure that I get to go, so for the sake of finances he is sitting this one out. He is going to Iron Maiden and Dream Theater in Auburn, WA in June without me...and it is the same situation. I like both of those bands a lot, but I wanted to make sure that he got to go because he is SUCH a Maiden fan and he has never seen them live! So, I am sitting that concert out.

So he gets Maiden and I get Rush...pretty fair trade!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 1 2010, 01:34 AM)
Am I mean?  Husband told me it was okay to get the VIP package for myself and a less expensive ticket for him.  I STILL got him a good seat.

I think it's the best way to go if you can spend the dough!

I usually drop thousands of dollars per tour to sit up in the first three rows.

Presales and a waste of time unless you get lucky!

Spending the 610 bucks for two VIP tix is the way to go if you don't want to get screwed.

I bought two VIP tix for the first Red Rocks show and two VIP tix for the second show.

I have row 12 and row 9. DONE.

I decided to go STUBHUB for the New Mexico show since Wendy and I are bringing the girls.

I paid $150 USD per ticket for row T on Alex's side. Again, that is affordable to me.

As for the closest show from my house, Moutain View I am going to wait out to the bitter end and go for 1st or 2nd row.

I've done it before. If you get row AA BB or CC you get wristbands for the pit! and stand before the greatest band in the land.

"It's the only way to fly"

1022.gif

See, if I waited it out til "the bitter end" for pit tickets I know I'd end up screwed and get stuck on the lawn.

Thanks to my husband, though, I've discovered we have an "in" with the venue and with Ticketbastard. Stay tuned - we might get lucky.

I say good for you! It does hurt right now to pay that price, but by the time the show comes around and it's already paid for it will be worth it.

The usher will look at your ticket, let you on the floor and you'll walk towards the stage and just keep getting closer and closer you'll forget all about the price.

What a lovely hubby you must have!

I was going to go VIP for West Palm Beach....but all I could pull up were 11th and 12th row....so I bought the 11th row seats (3 tickets)..Alex side.

This will be my son's (5 years old and a rapid Rush fan and an aspiring drummer...no shit). So I wanted to get as close as we could. Well...after buying those I went to MT and pulled 17th row dead center....I mean dead center. I have not sat dead center for Rush since the RTB tour. I have always been on either Geddy's or Alex's side. I bought those seats and canceled the VIP tickets.

If the VIP tickets would have been in the first 7-8 rows...I would have kept them. But they weren't and for 9 rows back and perfectly centered...it was a no brainer for me.

I do believe the VIP tickets are a great way for die hard Rush fans (who have the cash) to make sure they secure their tickets and not have to be at the mercy of the broker and Ticket bastard secondary market (ala Tickets now...auctions etc). And the fact that they are will call pick up makes it great so brokers never get access to these tickets.

All the swag...the guarantee of a great seat...not a bad deal overall. It did take away a bunch of seats from the MT pre-sale...so those like me who have had great luck with that (I still did this time but not as close as the last 3 tours) may not have even had a shot this tour.

It is well worth it....I don't think VIP is a bad thing for true fans (who have the coin) to get the seats they are willing to pay for.

What I would like to see for the next leg (because I will get a 2 ticket package for an out of town show next leg) is maybe some other things added to the package like:

A sound check with the band

A meet and greet and autographed poster.

I would pay $500 a ticket for that...yes I would. But that is a VIP experience.

And I would say they should give you the choice of a platinium experience like that...or a gold package like the one that is being offered for this tour.

I think that would be another win for the true long time die hard fans.

Edited by Todem