For all you bacon lovers

southernjim

ohmy.gif

Looks awesome. And welcome back jim, haven't seen you in a while.

So, how many people, I wonder, buy this stuff with the intent of using it as a spread on a bacon sandwich? A bacon overload experience, so to speak?

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 24 2010, 02:23 PM)
So, how many people, I wonder, buy this stuff with the intent of using it as a spread on a bacon sandwich? A bacon overload experience, so to speak?

Is there such a thing as a bacon overload? Just like with chocolate (give me chocolate ice cream smothered with chocolate syrup and chocolate sprinkles), it's tough to overdo bacon. That's why they call it BACON. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 24 2010, 12:23 PM)

Sounds like you've got the male (well, not necessarily male, i guess...) mind mapped pretty well. My first thought after tasting it was to dip bacon in it!

I hope I can find this goodness in Canada! I'd love to use it to construct a new variation of my bacon bombs where instead of just BBQ hot sauce on the inside it will be mixed it with this kick ass goop!

I agree you can never have too much bacon and I'd also love to dip bacon into it!

And nice to see you back southernjim!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 24 2010, 12:32 PM)
I hope I can find this goodness in Canada! I'd love to use it to construct a new variation of my bacon bombs where instead of just BBQ hot sauce on the inside it will be mixed it with this kick ass goop!

I agree you can never have too much bacon and I'd also love to dip bacon into it!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 24 2010, 01:23 PM)
So, how many people, I wonder, buy this stuff with the intent of using it as a spread on a bacon sandwich?  A bacon overload experience, so to speak?

i wonder how it would taste with bacon, say on a burger. would it take away from the awesomeness of the bacon itself?

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (southernjim @ Apr 24 2010, 02:37 PM)
I hope I can find this goodness in Canada!  I'd love to use it to construct a new variation of my bacon bombs where instead of just BBQ hot sauce on the inside it will be mixed it with this kick ass goop!

trink39.gif

Thanks for the link. For us hosers up in Canada that would be $6 of goop plus $20 shipping, so I think I'll hold off on that until my Rush tickets are paid off.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 24 2010, 03:16 PM)
I hope I can find this goodness in Canada!  I'd love to use it to construct a new variation of my bacon bombs where instead of just BBQ hot sauce on the inside it will be mixed it with this kick ass goop!

trink39.gif

Thanks for the link. For us hosers up in Canada that would be $6 of goop plus $20 shipping, so I think I'll hold off on that until my Rush tickets are paid off.

laugh.gif

You might be able to make your own. Homemade mayo is easy (and delicious). I'd think you could just add seasoning to taste, then throw a few pieces of bacon into the food processor and set it on "mutilate". Mix well into the mayo and there you go.

QUOTE (southernjim @ Apr 24 2010, 10:22 AM)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/c87a_baconnaise.jpg

Just tried it on Ritz crackers, I think I'm in love...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/kaeli/homer_woohoo.jpg

Damn, that looks tasty! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 24 2010, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 24 2010, 02:23 PM)
So, how many people, I wonder, buy this stuff with the intent of using it as a spread on a bacon sandwich?  A bacon overload experience, so to speak?

Is there such a thing as a bacon overload?

oxymoron

cant

pry

self

away from thread must

go find some!

(My overdramatic Shatner baconnaise reaction but I really gotta find summa dis stuff NOW!))

I love bacon but that is just Wrong 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 24 2010, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 24 2010, 03:16 PM)

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

You might be able to make your own. Homemade mayo is easy (and delicious). I'd think you could just add seasoning to taste, then throw a few pieces of bacon into the food processor and set it on "mutilate". Mix well into the mayo and there you go.

that's about what I figured, but somehow the people that came up with this stuff managed to make it less heart-stopping than regular mayonnaise

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 24 2010, 04:48 PM)
cant

pry

self

away from  thread must

go  find some!

(My overdramatic Shatner baconnaise reaction  but I really gotta find summa dis stuff NOW!))

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rushgoober6/shatnerbaconnaise.jpg

Well, I have an announcement to make.

My local grocery store carries this stuff (it's $3.99 for a smallish jar). It is bacon -FLAVORED spread. I read the label, and there is absolutely no bacon in it. None. Nada. Zip. Just a bunch of chemicals that, when combined, taste somewhat like bacon. Now, I am not anything like a label zealot, but I find this rather disappointing.