Rush in Rolling Stone online

greg2112

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 21 2010, 01:12 PM)
Lee tells Rolling Stone the fresh tracks are "upbeat, hard rocking songs" with a Rush trademark: "typically absurdist arrangements."

Fingers crossed for a return of the 1977-1981 level of keyboard usage. I doubt it will happen, but hope springs eternal. sad.gif

Caravan sounds like a really cool title. yes.gif

I'm hoping Nick R. pushed Neil a little bit again - I am dying to see him get a little show-offy. He's earned it, dammit!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Apr 21 2010, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 21 2010, 11:56 AM)
For some reason the title "Caravan" has me thinking of the song "Love Train".  laugh.gif

makes me think of the epic and mysterious "Planet Caravan".

Makes me think of the Rush lyric from Dreamline "time is a gypsy caravan...."

I could really dig hearing a wise old(er) Geddy singing lyrics like "We sailed through endless skies

Stars shine like eyes

The black night sighs ...."

obviously those lyrics are taken... but Neil could throw in some crazy aloof lyrics like that and I would love it. wub.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 21 2010, 10:30 AM)
Lee tells Rolling Stone the fresh tracks are "upbeat, hard rocking songs" with a Rush trademark: "typically absurdist arrangements."

Fingers crossed for a return of the 1977-1981 level of keyboard usage. I doubt it will happen, but hope springs eternal. sad.gif

I'm hoping Nick R. pushed Neil a little bit again - I am dying to see him get a little show-offy. He's earned it, dammit!

That'd be cool. Also push Alex for longer, more melodic solos, and Geddy for more keyboards, please! drool1.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 21 2010, 11:15 AM)
Do you think playing Moving Pictures in its entirety may influence the new material?

It's hard to say, I think it's going to be an interesting challenge to play some of those songs, especially "The Camera Eye," a song we haven't played in years and years. Obviously, we'll probably do a slightly newer take on it. You never know what effect bringing older songs back has on you. There are times in the past that we thought, "There is no way we can make this song work," and then you get into rehearsal, you start playing it, and you're really pleasantly surprised how much you're enjoying it. And sometimes it takes on a whole new life. I think we've stopped being kind of cynical about our past in a way, and sometimes having a second look at an older song gives it a whole new story.

This quoted line from Geddy is the one I really hope he is serious about.

In the past, the Boys have strayed away from playing some of those real gems that most of us enjoy and would love to see live, but they have constantly overlooked because "they don't enjoy them now".

I really hope that he is serious about this, and that they are looking at this tour in this light, and looking to bring back those gems that we have been waiting for, but they have deprived us until now! yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 21 2010, 12:59 PM)
Do you think playing Moving Pictures in its entirety may influence the new material?

It's hard to say, I think it's going to be an interesting challenge to play some of those songs, especially "The Camera Eye," a song we haven't played in years and years. Obviously, we'll probably do a slightly newer take on it. You never know what effect bringing older songs back has on you. There are times in the past that we thought, "There is no way we can make this song work," and then you get into rehearsal, you start playing it, and you're really pleasantly surprised how much you're enjoying it. And sometimes it takes on a whole new life. I think we've stopped being kind of cynical about our past in a way, and sometimes having a second look at an older song gives it a whole new story.

In the past, the Boys have strayed away from playing some of those real gems that most of us enjoy and would love to see live, but they have constantly overlooked because "they don't enjoy them now".

I really hope that he is serious about this, and that they are looking at this tour in this light, and looking to bring back those gems that we have been waiting for, but they have deprived us until now! yes.gif

maybe he's bluffing.

I'm hoping Alex brings back excessive guitar modulation effects like on Hemispheres through Signals. TONS of chorus, and quite a bit of flanger. His late 70's tone was the reason I spent money on an old Boss chorus! 653.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 21 2010, 01:48 PM)

That'd be cool. Also push Alex for longer, more melodic solos, and Geddy for more keyboards, please! drool1.gif

I'd also like to hear less Geddy Choir. It doesn't bother me the way it does some, but given a choice I'd prefer just one of Ged. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 21 2010, 12:21 PM)

I'd also like to hear less Geddy Choir. It doesn't bother me the way it does some, but given a choice I'd prefer just one of Ged. smile.gif

Absolutely! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 21 2010, 02:21 PM)

goodpost.gif

Yes, please. Enough with the million layers of vocals!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 21 2010, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 21 2010, 02:21 PM)

goodpost.gif

Yes, please. Enough with the million layers of vocals!

Agreed !

less oooooooooh oooooooohhhs !

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 21 2010, 12:59 PM)

Me too. Dont want to get too hyped up, but I think this Time Machine tour is a one-time, cant miss deal. I think we're going to get stuff we havent had in years, and will never get again.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 21 2010, 04:16 PM)
i guess anything is possible at this point.
bring back the weapon. cool.gif

Amen.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 03:11 PM)
I think this Time Machine tour is a one-time, cant miss deal. I think we're going to get stuff we havent had in years, and will never get again.

Yep. I feel the same way

Archived