The Time Machine theme

Though more than likely the whole time machine theme is probably just a name for this tour but I got to thinking what if it is possible the whole time travel concept will be a subject of their new songs and/or album? Would be an interesting subject for Neil to tackle lyrics-wise...

Lol, they are not going to write a freaking album about time travel. This isnt the 70s anymore. Doubt these guys are still doing acid like they used to.

And they already dealt with the concept of time on HYF. I think the theme is just more about them possibly bringing back some old stuff.

That is an interesting thought.

But I will say, I think it is related solely to the tour.

Obviously, first and foremost because they are looking to revisit the PAST...which means some classics being played, and things like the entire MP album.

However, let's not forget that Time Machines don't just take you to the past. They also can take you into the FUTURE...which of course, will be represented by some NEW material from the upcoming album!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 8 2010, 07:48 PM)
I think the Time Machine theme is about going into the "past" and playing some obscure songs along with going into the "future" and playing some songs that will be on the next album.

*BINGO* we haveaaaaa winner!

What if it means something entirely different - the tour is already over? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 08:52 PM)
What if it means something entirely different - the tour is already over? laugh.gif

Oh my! What if "Geddy from the past" accidentally met "Geddy from the present", screwing up the space-time continuum, leaving "Geddy from the future" to fix it all?

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 8 2010, 08:56 PM)
What if it means something entirely different - the tour is already over?  laugh.gif

Oh my! What if "Geddy from the past" accidentally met "Geddy from the present", screwing up the space-time continuum, leaving "Geddy from the future" to fix it all?

We might watch Alex and Neil start to disappear onstage! ohmy.gif

What if it means something entirely different - the tour is already over?  laugh.gif

if Geddy from the past met Geddy from the present...never mind the space time continuum...what about his VOICE?? hmm, could we blend them and make an all new Geddy?

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Apr 8 2010, 09:09 PM)

if Geddy from the past met Geddy from the present...never mind the space time continuum...what about his VOICE?? hmm, could we blend them and make an all new Geddy?

repeat over and over "good gawd Geddy" and say it fast. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:43 PM)
I think they should get Christopher Lloyd to do the intro video, and Geddy can have a DeLorean behind him on stage

That would kick major ass

One thing I think we can all say is that the videos they make for this tour are bound to be ultra-hilarious. You KNOW kimonos will make the cut one way or the other. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 8 2010, 10:58 PM)
One thing I think we can all say is that the videos they make for this tour are bound to be ultra-hilarious. You KNOW kimonos will make the cut one way or the other. laugh.gif

Just not that pic of the three of them with Alex's white "camel-toe" pants! scared.gif

We thought it would be fun to put together a tour that was sort of "future/past," because those are some of the themes that are floating around the lyrical content and visual content that we're using for these new songs. So we thought, "Let's go out and do this Time Machine tour, where we can go mine our past, and at the same time, point to the future, try some new songs, and get us in shape."

Geddy on Rollingstone.com

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[24942,129715]

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:43 PM)
I think they should get Christopher Lloyd to do the intro video, and Geddy can have a DeLorean behind him on stage

I had mentioned this in another thread, and I hope we are right!

Maybe Alex will come out playing that red Gibson ES-355 from BTTF! 1022.gif

And you know...Michael J. Fox is Canadian. I know he's not in the greatest shape because of his Parkinson's disease, but you never know... cool.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 21 2010, 10:23 AM)
We thought it would be fun to put together a tour that was sort of "future/past," because those are some of the themes that are floating around the lyrical content and visual content that we're using for these new songs. So we thought, "Let's go out and do this Time Machine tour, where we can go mine our past, and at the same time, point to the future, try some new songs, and get us in shape."

Geddy on Rollingstone.com

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[24942,129715]

I know...that's great. It will be interesting, but I'm glad to hear he is moving in a different direction with the lyrics.

I look forward to seeing what they've got! yes.gif