intense movies that make you feel

circumstantial tree

List a movie or two that you find personally intense - that really affect your mood or how you feel.

My vote right now goes to the Linda Blair film "Born Innocent" from 1974. No Hollywood gloss in this film about Linda Blair's character as a teenage runaway who is sent to a girls reform school.

Brutal rape scene in the middle.

Good movie, but leaves me feeling depressed. I guess the juvenile justice system was pretty raw back in those days and I think the movie was supposed to be an eye opener.

It's dirty and gritty.

A scene towards the end:

Born Innocent part 12

Edited by circumstantial tree

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (udanax @ Apr 7 2010, 04:55 PM)
Ive never seen that movie Born Innocent, but I like Requiem of a Dream a lot. The cinematography in that movie, and the way it was put together never fails to keep me engrossed.

Requiem For a Dream is pretty intense. That old woman with the diet pills kinda freaked me away from those things. laugh.gif

Sunshine was pretty intense. Ralph Finnes playing 3 roles about WWII... that film kinda haunts me. I saw it quite a bit in school.

Boys Don't Cry was another one... Hillary Swank was awesome... the scene where she is raped is truly horrific.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 7 2010, 06:47 PM)
"Into The Wild" stuck with me for a few days.

Me too.

I first read it in '97 and waited with bated breath for 10 years for it to come out. That feeling of...I hate the word closure but that is the best word to describe how I felt really sat with me for a long time.

The Return Of The King as well....I had been a Rings fan since '78 and couldn't wait for the Trilogy. That movie above all had the greatest impact on me as the movie was really good and the end of that 25 year wait...That was closure.

Begotton. this movie completley messed with my head. i cant even describe how disturbing some parts of this movie are.

Eraserhead. i couldnt stop thinking about it after the first time i saw it. the movie is so tension filled. probably my favorite movie.

Blackhawk Down. I can't watch it without getting pissed off!

Saving Private Ryan. The first 10 minutes of that movie was the most intense cinema experience I have ever had. And that movie stuck with me for a while. That last scene at the cemetery...damn. Edited by ILSnwdog

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 8 2010, 08:24 AM)
Saving Private Ryan. The first 10 minutes of that movie was the most intense cinema experience I have ever had. And that movie stuck with me for a while. That last scene at the cemetery...damn.

Yes. Very, very powerful. I break down seem to get something in my eyes every time.

Another movie that really put me into a funk was Se7en. There is stuff that is so morbid and cruel in that movie. It's a brilliant movie, but not one you can watch over and over again.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 8 2010, 09:10 AM)
Another movie that really put me into a funk was Se7en. There is stuff that is so morbid and cruel in that movie. It's a brilliant movie, but not one you can watch over and over again.

Agreed. I watched it once but never again. no.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 8 2010, 09:10 AM)

yes.gif

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Apr 8 2010, 11:48 AM)
And The Band Played On

Awesome song by Love and Rockets! wink.gif

When I go to see a movie on date night with my wife the last thing I want to be is depressed or disturbed so I usually try to avoid these kinds of movies in the theater.

But I sometimes like to see them at home on DVD or Bluray. A movie that comes to mind is A Simple Plan. I think the goal of the movie was to make people question their own morality. It didn't do that so much but it made me wonder what I would do in the same situation.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 8 2010, 02:12 PM)
When I go to see a movie on date night with my wife the last thing I want to be is depressed or disturbed so I usually try to avoid these kinds of movies in the theater.

That's why you took her to see "King Ralph" with John Goodman on your first date, right? You arbiter of good taste! laugh.gif

http://www.gomog.com/images/Kingralph.jpg

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 8 2010, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 8 2010, 08:24 AM)
Saving Private Ryan.  The first 10 minutes of that movie was the most intense cinema experience I have ever had.  And that movie stuck with me for a while.  That last scene at the cemetery...damn.

Yes. Very, very powerful. I break down seem to get something in my eyes every time.

"Tell me I'm a good man."

It gets me every time. Every time.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 8 2010, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 8 2010, 02:12 PM)

That's why you took her to see "King Ralph" with John Goodman on your first date, right? You arbiter of good taste! laugh.gif

http://www.gomog.com/images/Kingralph.jpg

How did you know that was my favorite? laugh.gif I love the part where the entire royal family dies in a freak photography accident. It was really sad. sad.gif