intense movies that make you feel

circumstantial tree

Irreversible

Parts of that movie are just difficult to watch (if you've seen it, you know which part)...and because the film is shown in reverse order, it kind of appears to have a happy ending...even though it really doesn't

Edited by Your_Lion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Apr 9 2010, 06:37 AM)
Irreversible

Parts of that movie are just difficult to watch (if you've seen it, you know which part)...and because the film is shown in reverse order, it kind of appears to have a happy ending...even though it really doesn't

Another movie you can only watch once. Brutal.

The movie Stay... I have to admit the first time I saw it I was like WTF just happened. I saw it a second time and had a better appreciation for it. It just really makes you question reality and how you percieve it. Starring Ryan Gosling and Naomi Watts.

I've never seen the whole movie, but the parts of Train Spotting that I saw really messed me up for a while.

"A Beautiful Mind" gets to me. Also "The Shawshank Redemption."

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 9 2010, 02:07 PM)
sad.gif

http://guyfawkessociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/old-yeller2.jpg

I saw Old Yeller when I was a kid and it really made me sad.

This one did as well.

http://images.sabob.com/products/images/1/Where_the_Red_Fern_Grows_Movie_Poster_Print_Custom_Framing_Available.jpeg

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 8 2010, 04:16 PM)
Gran Torino is a film that stays with me. It's about everything I think is worthwhile. God Bless you, Walt Kowalski.

Good call. Same here. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 10 2010, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 8 2010, 04:16 PM)
Gran Torino is a film that stays with me.  It's about everything I think is worthwhile.  God Bless you, Walt Kowalski.

Good call. Same here. trink39.gif

I'll 2nd that for Gran Torino..... Saving Private Ryan stays with me too....

Edited by udanax

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 9 2010, 02:48 PM)
This one did as well.
http://images.sabob.com/products/images/1/Where_the_Red_Fern_Grows_Movie_Poster_Print_Custom_Framing_Available.jpeg

I read the book for that when I was in sixth grade. I've been trying to find the title for years. Thanks for that.

Now, for movies that get me emotionally... Donnie Darko is a major one. I fists crying.gif at the end, every single time...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 8 2010, 02:16 PM)
Gran Torino is a film that stays with me. It's about everything I think is worthwhile. God Bless you, Walt Kowalski.

Definately resonates with me.

A perfect world is another one.

Cast away!

Basketball Diaries.

Everything Leo Dicaprio does is intense.

His acting is amazing in that one.

Shutter Island is even better.

The Passion Of The Christ made me sick. That's probably the single most vulgar and violent and bloody film I've ever seen. It makes Tarantino films look like Pixar events by comparison.

Christians would argue YES, THAT'S THE POINT....we need to see that violence done unto him, but I say it was over-the-top and gratuitous. The Vatican is condemned films a fraction as violent. Perhaps Jesus should've been cast in The Departed so that that would've been ok. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 15 2010, 01:19 PM)
The Passion Of The Christ made me sick. That's probably the single most vulgar and violent and bloody film I've ever seen. It makes Tarantino films look like Pixar events by comparison.

Christians would argue YES, THAT'S THE POINT....we need to see that violence done unto him, but I say it was over-the-top and gratuitous. The Vatican is condemned films a fraction as violent. Perhaps Jesus should've been cast in The Departed so that that would've been ok. biggrin.gif

yeah, I don't like Passion.

I saw it once. Never again.

I think Gibson wanted to make a BIG NOISE and get all the people to spend money to see it.

When it comes right down to it.

Ben Hur was much more perfect depiction of Christ in my humble opinion

I don't want to turn this into a religion thread, but the actual crucifixion of Christ as well as others who were crucified was one of the worst kinds of torture that one can endure. If the movie portrays this violently, then it probably did the actual event justice.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 15 2010, 04:49 PM)
I don't want to turn this into a religion thread, but the actual crucifixion of Christ as well as others who were crucified was one of the worst kinds of torture that one can endure. If the movie portrays this violently, then it probably did the actual event justice.

I don't think any one is. By its nature its a religious film. I just happened to find it far more violent than most movies religious types often condemn. Irony.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 17 2010, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 15 2010, 04:49 PM)

I don't think any one is. By its nature its a religious film. I just happened to find it far more violent than most movies religious types often condemn. Irony.

When you consider what the Crucifixion means and its significance to Christians, there is a difference.

It's based on historical fact (like Saving Private Ryan) and not a fantasy based film that is specifically catered to those who like seeing violence.