Is There Really, In Fact, Only One Way To Rock?

GeddysMullet

I do not accept the hypothesis that there is only one way to rock. I personally believe that there are many ways to rock, and that to limit the ways of rocking to only one will result in missing out on a lot of good stuff.

And if there really is, in fact, only one proper and valid way to rock, what exactly is it?

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Mar 19 2010, 08:25 PM)
I do not accept the hypothesis that there is only one way to rock. I personally believe that there are many ways to rock, and that to limit the ways of rocking to only one will result in missing out on a lot of good stuff.

And if there really is, in fact, only one proper and valid way to rock, what exactly is it?

You'd have to open your 1-2-3 lock box to find the answers you seek. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 19 2010, 09:11 PM)
I do not accept the hypothesis that there is only one way to rock.  I personally believe that there are many ways to rock, and that to limit the ways of rocking to only one will result in missing out on a lot of good stuff. 

You'd have to open your 1-2-3 lock box to find the answers you seek. biggrin.gif

exactly.

And what is the perfect time to rock?

8:05

Without a doubt, in order to properly rock, volume must = LOUD

(tube amps and humbucker pickups REALLY help too)

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 21 2010, 02:40 PM)
I do not accept the hypothesis that there is only one way to rock.  I personally believe that there are many ways to rock, and that to limit the ways of rocking to only one will result in missing out on a lot of good stuff. 

exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzEQ440YjUE

1022.gif icon_alienjig.gif 1022.gif icon_alienjig.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 21 2010, 09:40 PM)

exactly.

Beer O' Clock yes.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 21 2010, 08:55 PM)
Without a doubt, in order to properly rock, volume must = LOUD

(tube amps and humbucker pickups REALLY help too)

Yes, but does that actually constitute "only one way?" I mean, things can be loud in different ways, and there are things that rock that aren't uniformly loud all the way through. The dynamics of loudness are a wonderful thing, but I don't believe that the importance of loudness in rocking automatically equates to "only one way." Do you? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 21 2010, 04:40 PM)

exactly.

Precisely.

And one MUST crank up the drums, crank out the bass, and crank up the Les Paul in one's face.

ONE way to rock?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bsmeter.gif

There are many ways to rock, young Padawan.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 22 2010, 02:29 PM)

exactly.

Precisely.

And one MUST crank up the drums, crank out the bass, and crank up the Les Paul in one's face.

Preferably to eleven. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 22 2010, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 22 2010, 02:29 PM)

exactly.

Precisely.

Preferably to eleven. biggrin.gif

So you're saying that it is impossible for music made with, say, an ES or a Telecaster to rock? Hmm...I'm still not convinced. wink.gif

Please do not listen to Anything Sammy Hagar says

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 22 2010, 02:54 PM)

laugh.gif

Exactly....as if Sammy knows ANYTHING about rockin'. This is the guy who thought Mas Tequila was going to be the next rock anthem. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Mar 22 2010, 03:30 PM)

laugh.gif

Exactly....as if Sammy knows ANYTHING about rockin'. This is the guy who thought Mas Tequila was going to be the next rock anthem. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

No shit, f-n hack trink39.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Mar 22 2010, 03:30 PM)

laugh.gif

spit6ph.gif

Wait......you mean it's not? ohmy.gif

exactly.

Hmm i always thought it was at a quarter to 8. wink.gif

Archived