Who is more entertaining?

Tick

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more entertaining?

• Jon Stewart
    • Steven Colbert

I watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report every now and then and I enjoy the shows but I find that Jon Stewart makes me chuckle, but Steven Colbert makes me laugh my ass off.

What about you?

I love both shows, but they do have very different styles. John Stewart is cool in that he's real in interviews, and very intelligent. Colbert is ALWAYS in character, and that's really fun in itself - in fact, I have no idea what he's really like. He is also really intelligent, and both of them are REALLY fast with their responses and humor in their interviews.

I can't decide! no.gif

EDIT: I gave it to Colbert, but it's just by a hair - I really love them both pretty equally...

Edited by rushgoober

I like to watch both and glad they are broadcast right after the other.

I voted for SC

Where's the "neither" option?

Just kidding, Colbert's pretty funny. I also like his voice acting as Phil Ken Sebben in Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law. "Ha ha ha! Body in a woodchipper!" "Ha ha ha! Not to scale!" Includes a Rush reference!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 11 2010, 06:26 PM)
Edited because discussion of either of these assholes belongs in another sub-forum. biggrin.gif

Grand Designs? confused13.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 11 2010, 05:26 PM)
Edited because discussion of either of these assholes belongs in another sub-forum. biggrin.gif

How are they assholes?

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 11 2010, 08:03 PM)
Edited because discussion of either of these assholes belongs in another sub-forum.  biggrin.gif

How are they assholes?

That answer would require a political response and thus would move this thread elsewhere. I understand where Necro was going and I can't say I would have disagreed. Lets not go there in Video Vertigo.

Start a topic in SOCN and I'm sure he will tell you his thoughts in great detail. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 11 2010, 05:15 PM)
Edited because discussion of either of these assholes belongs in another sub-forum.  biggrin.gif

How are they assholes?

That answer would require a political response and thus would move this thread elsewhere. I understand where Necro was going and I can't say I would have disagreed. Lets not go there in Video Vertigo.

Start a topic in SOCN and I'm sure he will tell you his thoughts in great detail. atickhum.gif

I'll pass smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 11 2010, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Mar 11 2010, 05:15 PM)

How are they assholes?

I'll pass smile.gif

Indeed smile.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 11 2010, 07:15 PM)

How are they assholes?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and again; thank you!

Yay the thread is saved.

I really agree with ticks original post. For example, I was going to use a certain Palin segment link in SOCN. I chuckled at Stewarts, then laughed my ass off at Colberts, which I used. I think that since he's in character, Colbert has the ability, or is it tools, to generate more laughs. For me trink38.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 11 2010, 07:15 PM)

How are they assholes?

Oh come on man. Youre taking all the fun out of it cool.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Mar 11 2010, 09:50 PM)
Boph of 'em are idjuts.

yes.gif

Sadly, I used to love Stewart before he got the Daily Show gig and became a puppet. Remember his late nite talk show? He was hilarious. I don't know why comedians, actors, musicians feel they need to preach to us with their art.

And that's as nice as I can be about this. For any further comment, you know where this would have to be.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 11 2010, 10:15 PM)
Colbert had Rush on his show, so I'm going with him.

Yeah, but he cut them short and brought the attention to himself. I understand that's his shtick, but not when you've got 2.gif making their first appearance on network tv in two decades. You show respect and let them play through.

That added to my dislike of him.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 11 2010, 09:18 PM)

Yeah, but he cut them short and brought the attention to himself. I understand that's his shtick, but not when you've got 2.gif making their first appearance on network tv in two decades. You show respect and let them play through.

It was a joke! You had to tune in the next episode for the pay-off!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 11 2010, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 11 2010, 09:18 PM)

It was a joke! You had to tune in the next episode for the pay-off!

I know. It still sucked and wasn't funny, to me anyway. But then again, i think he's a tool to begin with, so not much he's gonna do will make me laugh.