For those who watched The Incredible Hulk TV Show

Steevo

The thing that always bugged me as a kid was in the Trial of the Incredible Hulk...Banner had a beard, but when he turned into the Hulk, suddenly he was clean shaven.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Feb 25 2010, 11:40 AM)
The thing that always bugged me as a kid was in the Trial of the Incredible Hulk...Banner had a beard, but when he turned into the Hulk, suddenly he was clean shaven.

+1 yes.gif confused13.gif

Yes I noticed that continuity error too. You would have thought they would have spotted that during editing.

Still a good show though

I used to watch that as a kid. I remember my mother liking the closing theme, which was beautiful.

One episode I remember very well starred MacKenzie Phillips as a KISS-like rock star (she wore makeup and had these huge electrical conductors on stage) who wanted to commit suicide on stage when she learned that a fan was killed (or nearly killed) during a crowd stampede.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 25 2010, 10:53 AM)
I used to watch that as a kid. I remember my mother liking the closing theme, which was beautiful.

One episode I remember very well starred MacKenzie Phillips as a KISS-like rock star (she wore makeup and had these huge electrical conductors on stage) who wanted to commit suicide on stage when she learned that a fan was killed (or nearly killed) during a crowd stampede.

Holy crap, I vaguely remember that now that you mention it! (Wasn't mentioned in Mack's recent biography, however.)

I remember an episode about child abuse. The kid's name was Mark, and he was being physically abused by his father. When the Hulk starts hitting the father - giving him a taste of his own "abusive" medicine - the father regresses and starts whimpering, begging his parent to stop hurting him. So, we see that the abusive father was just another step in a chain of familial abuse; his dad abused him, so he grew up to abuse Mark.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 25 2010, 03:32 AM)
I remember this seriously used to bum me out as a kid while watching the ending. I had forgotten about it for so long until tonight.

The original "lonely man" closer sad.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5aTiJEGGk

yes.gif

It was a real drag. I was a child then and I remember feeling like crying when I saw him at the end essentially homeless.

That was arguably my favorite show in my entire childhood.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 25 2010, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 25 2010, 10:53 AM)

Holy crap, I vaguely remember that now that you mention it! (Wasn't mentioned in Mack's recent biography, however.)

I remember an episode about child abuse. The kid's name was Mark, and he was being physically abused by his father. When the Hulk starts hitting the father - giving him a taste of his own "abusive" medicine - the father regresses and starts whimpering, begging his parent to stop hurting him. So, we see that the abusive father was just another step in a chain of familial abuse; his dad abused him, so he grew up to abuse Mark.

Well, I think it's Mackenzie Phillips. I recently looked up the Hulk on TV.com and she was listed in the credits.

I remember she went to visit the fan in the hospital and the patient said "wow, I didn't recognize you without your makeup!"

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Feb 25 2010, 07:40 AM)

I hated the show in general. I'm a huge Marvel comic book fan, so I thought the show sucked ass!

The Hulk is Bruce Banner, not David Banner. Why did they have to even f**k with the Hulks real name?

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 25 2010, 01:47 PM)

I hated the show in general. I'm a huge Marvel comic book fan, so I thought the show sucked ass!

The Hulk is Bruce Banner, not David Banner. Why did they have to even f**k with the Hulks real name?

Because "Bruce" has a gay connotation that the network didn't want to be associated with. I'm not looking for links, but I know this is the reason. I think Stan Lee talked about it at some kind of comic convention and blew the whistle on this.

Even though I'm a huge Marvel comics fan, the greatness of the show overwhelmed the huge changes from the comic. I loved it.

If you strip away the outer layers of the show's scenario to the very basic premise, The Incredible Hulk TV show is very similar to The Fugitive TV show and Kung Fu...

Main character on the run from someone (Mcgee/Gerard/various bounty hunters), each is a loner by necessity, all are drifters and move on at the end of each episode, all had someone close to them die right at the outset (Kimble's wife/Master Po/Susan Sulivan) all unexpectedly unveil their secret skills to the surprise of their new friends and enemies alike each episode (Black Crane/Praying Mantis Gung Fu/raging supernatural metamorposis/secret doctor skills), all are the goodest of good guys, all do menial jobs to get by, all are searching for someone or something (Danny Caine/The One-Armed Man/a cure).

Kung fu does it best though and the outer layers of that show blow the other two away!

trink38.gif

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/g_under_p/hulk-1.gif

Lou Ferigno was the man and didn't he have a cameo in the last HULK movie?

Bixby's cancer recurred and was diagnosed as terminal. On November 21, 1993, six days after his final assignment on Blossom, he died of complications in Century City, California. His wife and another longtime friend of the actor, Dick Martin, were by his side. Bixby's ashes are at Kliban's Maui estate. A week after his death, his and Judith's family were joined by many mourners at a private memorial.

Wonder if they played this theme at either one of these. rose.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 26 2010, 12:59 AM)
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/g_under_p/hulk-1.gif

Lou Ferigno was the man and didn't he have a cameo in the last HULK movie?

Yes, he played a security guard. He also did the voice acting for the Hulk.

I think you have to look at the show as its own entity, quite apart from the comic book Hulk.

The comic book didn't have Banner going from town-to-town, doing humanitarian work, all the while being pursued by an investigative journalist with an agenda, did it?

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 26 2010, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 25 2010, 01:47 PM)

Because "Bruce" has a gay connotation that the network didn't want to be associated with. I'm not looking for links, but I know this is the reason. I think Stan Lee talked about it at some kind of comic convention and blew the whistle on this.

Yup this is correct. I read this many times before too. It was ABC's (or whatever network aired it) decision NOT Marvel's or Lee's

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 27 2010, 02:07 AM)
I think you have to look at the show as its own entity, quite apart from the comic book Hulk.

The comic book didn't have Banner going from town-to-town, doing humanitarian work, all the while being pursued by an investigative journalist with an agenda, did it?

He did go from town to town (occassionally country to country) especially in the late 70s-early 80s issues. Instead of McGee he had General Ross constantly hounding him