Rush apparantly are satanic

SignatureAurora75

O my god! When I first saw this, I thought this all was a joke!

It turns out whoever made this is either trying to start trouble with Rush fans, or is either really stupid and has no idea about the good people that Alex, Neil, and Geddy really are.

Wow, this guy is smoking some serious crack. It amazes me how stupid and closed minded some of these religious freaks are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhN7NfrhtQM

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could say this is surprising but it isn't. I grew up in the church, and I've seen it all. There are people who say that ANY music that isn't "worship" music is somehow inspired by Satan. I remember watching some video where they tried to prove the Beatles and the Beach Boys (among other bands) were somehow in league with the devil. With Rush the only thing I've heard was about the 2112 cover. My mom used to think it was a "pentagram" and they were some kind of satanist group lol.

just another "15 minutes of fame" doofus with far too much time on his hands and sees evil in everything. fing.gif

I'm a very big advocate of freedom of speech but still I tend to feel as though this particular individual ought to be neutered.

Either that or Hugh is a hardcore sacrifice goats to the dark lord kind of guy.

z7shysterical.gif

F**king nutjobs.

Someone should tell them that the Moving Pictures building is the Ontario Legislature building in Toronto. I am quite pleased to learn I live in a province ruled by snuggie wearing heathens!

QUOTE (TheWater @ Jan 24 2010, 07:46 AM)
I found it funny.... till the guy that made the video told me that Jesus saves...
I mean, as long as it's a joke, it's ok. But this is no joke... so it's silly.
angry.gif

I'm amazed this crap still goes on. confused13.gif

The satanic thing is funny, but if you read their lyrics over the years you can actually understand why a Christian would think that.

Neil has spent his entire life trying to convince us there is no god. Well there are many millions of people in this world that believe those words are the work of the devil.

I think its silly, people can believe whatever they want, but I do get why people think this about them. None of the guys in the band believe in god. Well that's satanic to many people. That's okay for them to think if that's what they want.

There is a book titled 'Larson's Book Of Rock' by Bob Larson.

The YouTube posting is very similar to Larson's views that he describes in his book.

Rush were mentioned in the second pressing (1982) of Larson's book.

Topics such as how 'The Camera Eye' touched upon the subject of afterlife and the 2112 'Starman' emblem representing satantic overtones.

Rush did not get much of a critical beating like some other musical acts listed though.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jan 24 2010, 10:15 AM)
The satanic thing is funny, but if you read their lyrics over the years you can actually understand why a Christian would think that.

Neil has spent his entire life trying to convince us there is no god. Well there are many millions of people in this world that believe those words are the work of the devil.

I think its silly, people can believe whatever they want, but I do get why people think this about them. None of the guys in the band believe in god. Well that's satanic to many people. That's okay for them to think if that's what they want.

Just because someone isn't into organized religion, or questions the existence of God, that doesn't mean they believe in Satan.

These people who believe these songs are satanic can make ANYTHING conform to that way of thinking if they try hard enough. That thing about the rabbits on the Presto cover? C'mon. The owl? What, you can't use a photo of an owl without being a Mason? The Hemispheres guy on the ESL cover holding the lapel of his jacket? He didn't have his hand inside inside his vest Napoleon-style like the comparison photos that were shown...

And so on and so on. All those "connections" are stretches. I could make Hannah F*cking Montana appear satanic if I tried hard enough. One thing I liked about that vid -- "Tom Sawyer" sounds badass backwards.

Anyway, here's something most of you have probably seen:

http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/sat31.htm

QUOTE (Dances with the Moon @ Jan 24 2010, 11:00 AM)
Amazing. I never knew eyes and arches are satanic. fing.gif We all have eyes therefore we are all satanic? huh.gif
My house has two arches, yikes!

I'm with you there. We're screwed

trink39.gif

Archived