rushpetition.com relaunched...

sdaly

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 21 2010, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jan 21 2010, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 20 2010, 11:43 PM)
Gah, I am so tired of the knee-jerk "Play The Camera Eye!" clamor that comes up every time there is setlist speculation. 

What is so great about it?  What, what???  Okay, so it's been years since it's been played live.  I get it.  What I don't get is why it has such status bestowed upon it as a result.

Agreed. It's a decent song, and nothing more. Even if they did play it, I'd rather them cut out an entire half of the song and just do either the NY or London section. But there's about 100 Rush songs I'd rather hear than this (including the entire PoW, Presto, GUP, and Signals albums)

Because it's the only song from Moving Pictures that hasn't been played in over 25 years. That, and it's also the best song on that album.

yes.gif The last epic tune they wrote

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 21 2010, 05:44 PM)
Gah, I am so tired of the knee-jerk "Play The Camera Eye!" clamor that comes up every time there is setlist speculation. 

What is so great about it?  What, what???  Okay, so it's been years since it's been played live.  I get it.  What I don't get is why it has such status bestowed upon it as a result.

Agreed. It's a decent song, and nothing more. Even if they did play it, I'd rather them cut out an entire half of the song and just do either the NY or London section. But there's about 100 Rush songs I'd rather hear than this (including the entire PoW, Presto, GUP, and Signals albums)

Because it's the only song from Moving Pictures that hasn't been played in over 25 years. That, and it's also the best song on that album.

Not really. It's truly only 5+ minutes, since the second half is virtually identical to the first.

Strictly a matter of personal taste, but it's my least favorite on Moving Pictures. Which doesn't mean I don't like it - I love the whole album.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 21 2010, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 21 2010, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jan 21 2010, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (mankad89 @ Jan 20 2010, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 20 2010, 06:38 PM)
Double Agent would get my vote, but it must have been played on the Counterparts tour, cuz it's not on the list!

I'd love to hear How It Is and Carve Away the Stone.

are you smoking? cool10.gif

i'd say there's 0% chance of them playing those 2

thank f**k.

hemispheres and a farewell to kings should be light years ahead on that list

How It Is would be a nice treat. Carve Away The Stone would be a pee break.

Pee break? If you can't hold it to intermission, you either have a bladder issue or you drank too damn much! laugh.gif ph34r.gif

music.gif Make the burden lighter

You must pee before the show music.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jan 20 2010, 05:31 PM)
give me some cut to the chase, the weapon + 3d glasses, earthshine, in the end, and side 1 of hemispheres. cool.gif

+1 for the 3d glasses.

I'd like to introduce a veddy scaddy song. Even dee title scares me.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jan 21 2010, 08:43 PM)
Double Agent would get my vote, but it must have been played on the Counterparts tour, cuz it's not on the list!

thank f**k.

Pee break? If you can't hold it to intermission, you either have a bladder issue or you drank too damn much! laugh.gif ph34r.gif

Well, that way I could avoid the line that forms at intermission!

sdaly, if you happen to talk to Alex (or any member of the band, really) again, could you please mention the tickets issue? I think all of us here at TRF would appreciate it, and I'd like to think they'd be into that (but I couldn't say; I've never had a convo with any of them).

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 20 2010, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (sdaly @ Jan 20 2010, 01:28 PM)
I'm personally hoping for JACOB'S LADDER this time around...

that song is lightyears better than camera eye IMO

Jacob's Ladder is my favourite song in the world, man. It gets my vote

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 21 2010, 05:28 PM)

Not really. It's truly only 5+ minutes, since the second half is virtually identical to the first.

Strictly a matter of personal taste, but it's my least favorite on Moving Pictures. Which doesn't mean I don't like it - I love the whole album.

Yup, that's the problem I have with it too. I see a lot of people make a deal about it being the last 10 minute plus song, but it would have been better at 5 minutes, and have an extra song on there instead.

I put Camera Eye slightly ahead of Witch Hunt and 6th out of 7 on the album.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 22 2010, 03:10 PM)

Yup, that's the problem I have with it too. I see a lot of people make a deal about it being the last 10 minute plus song, but it would have been better at 5 minutes, and have an extra song on there instead.

I'm sure if they only played half (whichever half depending on where the gig was..."New Yorkers"/"London") people would still bitch..."Man, they shoulda played all of it, bla-bla-bla-piss-moan" OR "Man, they shoulda just not bothered playin' any of it. It's not that good anyways." If they don't play it people will bitch, "Man, they really need to bring back The Camera Eye!". If they do play it people will bitch, "Man, they shoulda played sumthin' else instead of wastin' 10 minutes on that!" Sooooo...it means that they'll do what they want. And that's what they should do! Because if they listen to the fans they'll just go f***ing crazy! trink38.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 21 2010, 08:18 PM)
If Alex and Geddy don't bring back their original old-school guitars and basses (i.e., the Rick) I won't be going to their next show. It would really be nice if they emphasized Pre-'85 songs on this next tour. At this point my reason for attending is purely nostalgic!

Don't forget the 2 bass drums ..............

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 22 2010, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jan 21 2010, 08:43 PM)

thank f**k.

Well, that way I could avoid the line that forms at intermission!

Ladies room has long lines at Rush shows? laugh.gif ph34r.gif

music.gif If you could just move your bowels

I could get working on my own music.gif

Signed,

Sisyhpus

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 22 2010, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 22 2010, 03:10 PM)

I'm sure if they only played half (whichever half depending on where the gig was..."New Yorkers"/"London") people would still bitch..."Man, they shoulda played all of it, bla-bla-bla-piss-moan" OR "Man, they shoulda just not bothered playin' any of it. It's not that good anyways." If they don't play it people will bitch, "Man, they really need to bring back The Camera Eye!". If they do play it people will bitch, "Man, they shoulda played sumthin' else instead of wastin' 10 minutes on that!" Sooooo...it means that they'll do what they want. And that's what they should do! Because if they listen to the fans they'll just go f***ing crazy! trink38.gif

they should have a tee shirt made up for the next tour.

rush fan - born to bitch

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 21 2010, 08:18 PM)
If Alex and Geddy don't bring back their original old-school guitars and basses (i.e., the Rick) I won't be going to their next show.

Really? It could be their last tour, and you would pass for this reason? wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 22 2010, 01:35 AM)
I'm sure if they only played half (whichever half depending on where the gig was..."New Yorkers"/"London") people would still bitch..."Man, they shoulda played all of it, bla-bla-bla-piss-moan" OR "Man, they shoulda just not bothered playin' any of it.  It's not that good anyways."  If they don't play it people will bitch, "Man, they really need to bring back The Camera Eye!".  If they do play it people will bitch, "Man, they shoulda played sumthin' else instead of wastin' 10 minutes on that!"  Sooooo...it means that they'll do what they want.  And that's what they should do!  Because if they listen to the fans they'll just go f***ing crazy!  trink38.gif

goodpost.gif yes.gif

Best Camera Eye post ever!

This same scenario (damned if you do/damned if you don't) also applies for any other long song they might bring back: Necromancer, Cygnus, Hemispheres, etc.

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Jan 22 2010, 07:50 AM)
I want to see a farewell to kings, cygnus x-1, hemispheres, the weapon, manhattan project, countdown, losing it, earthshine in the setlist 2.gif

yes.gif I would take these in a sec

Oooooo, the setlist discussion, always a good one. There will always be the classics such as Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio (and in my opinion a its not a Rush show without them) but I haven't heard Closer To The Heart for a while. As much as we'd like them to play certain songs (and if I had my way the show would last a day or so) at the end of the day they're gonna play what the really enjoy playing. It just wouldn't be the same if they were just going through the motions with certain songs. That said, I'd love to hear Jacobs Ladder again (I'm pretty sure Permanent Waves is my favorite album) and bearing in mind they played all bar that and Different Strings on the last tour I'm hopeful eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Jan 22 2010, 07:50 AM)
I want to see a farewell to kings, cygnus x-1, hemispheres, the weapon, manhattan project, countdown, losing it, earthshine, resist, stick it out in the setlist 2.gif

I don't see how everybody keeps suggesting songs lke A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres...Geddy cant sing them anymore!

They even tried Hemispheres on the Counterparts tour and it sounded awful then! (Ged struggled REALLY hard on the high notes) And that was 17 years ago!

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Cygnus X-1 be blasted out right in front of my face too, but not if it's going to shred the poor man's esophagus to bits!

Archived