Only on TRF

lerxt1990

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we can all point fingers everywhere and try to prove one person is more geeky than another etc. etc. But it seems like everyone forgets that they're argueing over the f***ing internet. Very sad indeed to call another person a geek over an internet forum like this.

QUOTE (Alex @ Jan 10 2010, 09:39 PM)
I love how we can all point fingers everywhere and try to prove one person is more geeky than another etc. etc. But it seems like everyone forgets that they're argueing over the f***ing internet. Very sad indeed to call another person a geek over an internet forum like this.

Yeah, but baiting people on the internetz is so much fun! sarcasm.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 10 2010, 09:15 PM)
lets keep saying we're not hyped up geeks. laugh.gif

Star Wars didn't close the thread, people not listening to the polite requests of and admin and a mod did.

I know lerxt meant no harm in starting this thread, and of course his point about a Star Wars thread getting closed is right on, and pretty damned funny. But Jack closed the other thread because he didn't want to see the petty bickering continue. So, no need to continue it in here, right?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:02 PM)
I know lerxt meant no harm in starting this thread, and of course his point about a Star Wars thread getting closed is right on, and pretty damned funny. But Jack closed the other thread because he didn't want to see the petty bickering continue. So, no need to continue it in here, right?

Yeah, that!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 10 2010, 10:03 PM)

Yeah, that!

sorry. smile.gif

btw, i am king of the geeks.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 10 2010, 10:03 PM)

Yeah, that!

sorry. smile.gif

btw, i am king of the geeks.

Geek= 2.gif + Minister of Silly Walks + Star Wars

Well, the good news is that the results of the poll (for those who remember there being a poll in that thread) is that my two far and away favorite trilogies (original SW and LOTR) combined for about half of all the votes. smile.gif smile.gif

At least the poll was around long enough to get a decent sampling of information. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 10 2010, 11:38 PM)
What can we do to get this thread closed ? Hmmm.... coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif

Posting smileys of coffee in cups has got to be the geekiest thing in the world. You must have NO life at all Tick. You must be the king nerd to post smileys of coffee in cups. Man... what a nerd.

Okay... now you have every right to compare me to John Wayne Gacy. I know... I deserve it.

Ooops. Jack might flex and close this one too, so I better stop being sarcastic. Sowwy.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 10 2010, 09:28 PM)
What can we do to get this thread closed ? Hmmm.... coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif

Posting smileys of coffee in cups has got to be the geekiest thing in the world. You must have NO life at all Tick. You must be the king nerd to post smileys of coffee in cups. Man... what a nerd.

Okay... now you have every right to compare me to John Wayne Gacy. I know... I deserve it.

Ooops. Jack might flex and close this one too, so I better stop being sarcastic. Sowwy.

Hey Elmer Fudd! It's all about "POWER WINDOWS" not POWER TRIPS!

Inject the Internet Steroid and let it RIP! I think you add balance to The Force Wookiemancer!

Put on some "White City" by Pete Townshend and "FACE THE FACE!"

Signed,

"WATCH THE FLIX" I mean FLEX! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 10 2010, 11:28 PM)

Necro. The past couple of years I've known you from TRF you seem like a pretty good guy and smart guy, so frankly it boggles my imagination to see you post disrespectful comments like this. C'mon man, you're better than that!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 11 2010, 03:28 AM)
I did ask that the bullshit from the other thread not continue in this one. I guess that was too much of an adult request?

Excuse me, I must me in the wrong place, I thought I was on the internet ? confused13.gif

Sorry 1001, I have no life, I need this ! spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 11 2010, 12:28 AM)
What can we do to get this thread closed ? Hmmm.... coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif  coffee.gif

Posting smileys of coffee in cups has got to be the geekiest thing in the world. You must have NO life at all Tick. You must be the king nerd to post smileys of coffee in cups.

Posting coffee cup smiles is one hell of a life !!!!!! Up yours !!! moon.gif

bolt.gif

I don't close threads just to "flex". I close threads when they are ruined by people who choose to ignore my requests that they knock it off. It's especially unfortunate when those people are people who know better.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:28 AM)
I did ask that the bullshit from the other thread not continue in this one. I guess that was too much of an adult request?

Apparently so, yes.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 10 2010, 10:10 PM)
Well, the good news is that the results of the poll (for those who remember there being a poll in that thread) is that my two far and away favorite trilogies (original SW and LOTR) combined for about half of all the votes. smile.gif smile.gif

At least the poll was around long enough to get a decent sampling of information. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I am sorry that your thread was ruined and had to be closed. It was a good idea and a terrific topic for discussion.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 11 2010, 10:19 AM)

I don't close threads just to "flex". I close threads when they are ruined by people who choose to ignore my requests that they knock it off. It's especially unfortunate when those people are people who know better.

Some day i'll understand why MY opinion of this movie has to be knocked off? Why isn't it that the opinion that it's the greatest thing ever get knocked off? If THAT opinion wouldn't be interjected into every goddamn movie thread... then you wouldn't have to hear mine.

In a perfect world... i would NEVER discuss this. Unfortunately the damn thing comes up in almost any movie thread that has anything to do with Sci-Fi and it's disgusting.

If you think the entire thread wasn't made JUST to continue discussing this movie, you're off your rocker Jack. C'mon... how long you been reading this guy's shit around here? You had to know what he was doing from the start. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to have seen it.

The timing of it.

The movies at the top are HIS favorites.

The fact that Terminator was purposely left off of it.

C'mon... really? You play right into his hands with this shit. He KNEW it would get locked or would be a hot box of feuding. Now that he's got PDigi doing the talking for him, added excitement. Cut your strings already.

Now that he's got PDigi doing the talking for him

?

I like "PDigi" though...that's my new DJ name. *wicka, wicka*

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v351/52/41/48706264672/n48706264672_1399193_8282.jpg

Edited by Presto-digitation