Only on TRF

lerxt1990

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 11 2010, 03:22 PM)
It's not your opinion I'm knocking, it's your blanket condemnation of the fans that I have problems with.

It's NOT blanket. It's of the ones who are babies about it. I've shown, with my posts, who those people are. I have no animosity toward a regular movie fan who happens to enjoy those movies. The ones who act like babies and actually ARGUE over its significance, giving it more than it's earned... are the ones I have a problem with. If you think any of the name-calling I've done is aimed at REGULAR fans, like you or 73... you haven't been reading well.

I hate wrestling and think it's the most fake-assed pile of crap that I've ever seen and I honestly don't see how the fans can sit and cheer for something that's so obviously fake that it insults my intelligence to watch it. I know that you're a fan, though, and I would never knock you for it. If you enjoy it and it puts a smile on your face and/or helps you to forget about your troubles, then I encourage you to watch as much as you can! I would never say that you're an idiot/geek/loser/nerd for enjoying it.

Two things here. 1) While it may be choreographed, it's not FAKE. Try it sometime. I have. They are fantastic athletes as well as actors. There are almost NO fans left that think it's "REAL". That would be idiotic. I would make fun of someone like that myself. You'd have to be worse than a SW geek to think that. 2) I wouldn't care if you did knock me for it. Your right to do so. My right to respond to it. That's all that's being done here. I'm not threatening anyone here or comparing them to serial killer/pedophiles. I'm just saying it's kinda geeky to be such an obsessive fan of such a mediocre (mediocre is gracious)movie. When I do state my opinion, the shit starts to fly. THAT is the hilarious part. That I can't just state my opinion of a movie series without people getting so bent out of shape. Again, it proves my point.

If you think the entire thread wasn't made JUST to continue discussing this movie, you're off your rocker Jack.  C'mon... how long you been reading this guy's shit around here?  You had to know what he was doing from the start.  You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to have seen it. 

Even if this thread was started just to discuss Star Wars I still don't have a problem with it. What does it hurt in the long run?

Nothing. What does my berating it hurt. It's the same thing. Some people grit their teeth just seeing mention of this movie. Some grit their teeth seeing me complain about it.

The timing of it. 
The movies at the top are HIS favorites.

If I started a similar thread I'd probably put the ones I liked best at the top of the list, too! It's just human nature to do something like that.

Really? I've seen many polls where the poster goes in the opposite direction and doesn't give his/her opinion at the beginning so as NOT to sway things. I wouldn't put my faves on top.

The fact that Terminator was purposely left off of it.

Purposely? Are you sure or are you just reading that into it? Anytime you see something like this and say: "hey, he left off so-and-so", just PM me and I'll tell the OP what I'm going to do and edit the poll. I'll be glad to.

Yeah, I probably should have done that. But also... yeah, i'm sure. Saying anymore will result in my getting banned, so that's enough on this issue. You know enough to know how he does things.

C'mon... really?  You play right into his hands with this shit.  He KNEW it would get locked or would be a hot box of feuding.

Do you really think he looks at the feud that broke out and the fact that the thread was locked with a feeling of triumph? Rubbing his hands and laughing like a Bond villain "Hahahahahahahahaha! YES! I did it!"

Yes. I know he does. When we were friends he used to call me and tell me his reaction to things like this. He thrives on it. Again... saying more will do me no good. I can't believe you asked this.

Now that he's got PDigi doing the talking for him, added excitement.

Whoa, hold the phone there. Presto-D is a lot of things, but I doubt with all seriousness he's anyone's mouthpiece. In fact, he's struck me as being quite the independent spirit. I think you're way off with this one.

Maybe not directly, but he's picked up the torch that Goobs was too weak in his conviction to continue with. It will do him no good either. He's proven his art of argument is pathetic when he was reduced to making claims that I am a pedophile and comparing me to Gacy. Anything PDigi ever says again is worthless to me, and should be to anyone who has a decent amount of respect for other posters on this board. I say Star Wars sucks and he says... "Well, you must be a pedophile/child killer cuz you have PowerPuff Girls in your sig". Good one PDigi... good one. sarcasm.gif Not only that... but he begs for me and treeduck to be admonished as TROLLS cuz he can't handle the argument about this movie from me OR Treeduck without getting aggressive. Something me nor Treeduck were being. He may be an independent spirit, but he's also a KINDRED spirit to Goobs. I'd almost think it was an alter actually.

Cut your strings already.

Nothing could be further from the truth! Goober really got on my bad side a couple of months ago and screwed up a thread he didn't like by making it political. I blessed him out both in the thread and in a PM and I haven't said two words to him since except for what I've said to him in this thread (in fact, I was so angry that I deleted his response to my PM without even reading it and told him that I had done so). Simply put, the guy's been on my shit list for a while now so yes, I did take his side in this, but ONLY because I felt that the thread was indeed a good idea and was ruined by your and Presto-D's pissing contest. Taking Goob's side is in no way my default position and I deeply resent the implication that I'm his puppet.

My apologies. I would be offended at being called a puppet of such a person as well. I was quite shocked that you did take his side on any of it since you have always been quite adept at picking apart his bullshit. I've kinda considered that you might be getting rubbed raw by my comments because you are a fan, but since i've never grouped you in with the toy playing, mask wearing, line for line quoting idiot fan... i don't get your outrage. You jumped on the calling me a troll bandwagon quite easily and while I agree I push the buttons... i don't feel it is trollish and THAT offends me as much as you being offended to this. It's an opinion that I love to argue out. Do I think it will change anyone's opinion? No, but I hope someone who's ridiculous about this movie series might just look in the mirror and see how foolish they are.

Also... Again... if you recall... I promised to stop the bashing and PDigi continued the shit with TD. Me and TD have never even discussed this shared hatred for this movie, so there was no cahooting going on there. When I saw PDigi continuing the crap I had promised to stop, I had to renege my promise. This would have stopped days ago, had it not been for PDigi.

Now... if the shit stops, i'll go back to keeping my mouth shut. Quite simple eh?

I do intend to respond to this, and soon. I just need time to think some more about it. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night so I've been pretty mentally lazy today. I just want to let you know that in case it appeared that I was being rude.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic