Gingers...

Ya_Big_Tree

If such "prejudice" exists in North America, I sure haven't noticed it. Somehow I find it hard to believe there's actual hardcore anti-redhead sentiment, though, and maybe some folks are being a little hypersensitive? Have to wait to hear from the UK contingent, though, I guess.

Not much different than the stereotype of the "dumb blonde" we have here.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 16 2009, 04:13 PM)
If such "prejudice" exists in North America, I sure haven't noticed it. Somehow I find it hard to believe there's actual hardcore anti-redhead sentiment, though, and maybe some folks are being a little hypersensitive? Have to wait to hear from the UK contingent, though, I guess.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 16 2009, 09:13 PM)

Unless you're a redhead, you have no right to say that. I AM a redhead. The amount of taunting I get and the bullying I had at school. It DOES exist. I may not be at the ginger end of the spectrum but by George do I get enough stick for it. It is a lot worse than all the blonde jokes out there in my opinion, at least they are not told they're ugly, called gingernuts, carrots... I've even had people throw eggs at me because of my hair colour.

Time to maybe open your eyes to this?

I don't get why anyone would treat someone with red hair any different than someone with brown hair confused13.gif

It doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't like someone because of the colour of their hair! People are just retarded I guess..

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Dec 16 2009, 09:28 PM)
I don't get why anyone would treat someone with red hair any different than someone with brown hair confused13.gif

It doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't like someone because of the colour of their hair! People are just retarded I guess..

the same reason why a minority of people dislike a person's skin colour, body shape, accent, how they dress or even what they do or think!

Not good I'm afraid no.gif

Red headed women are the best.......firey, passionate.....insatiable.......
  • Like 1

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Dec 16 2009, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 16 2009, 09:13 PM)
If such "prejudice" exists in North America, I sure haven't noticed it.  Somehow I find it hard to believe there's actual hardcore anti-redhead sentiment, though, and maybe some folks are being a little hypersensitive?  Have to wait to hear from the UK contingent, though, I guess.

Unless you're a redhead, you have no right to say that. I AM a redhead. The amount of taunting I get and the bullying I had at school. It DOES exist. I may not be at the ginger end of the spectrum but by George do I get enough stick for it. It is a lot worse than all the blonde jokes out there in my opinion, at least they are not told they're ugly, called gingernuts, carrots... I've even had people throw eggs at me because of my hair colour.

Time to maybe open your eyes to this?

I absolutely have a RIGHT to say it.

Now. I am willing to admit that there appears to exist an unwarranted prejudice against redheads. Heretofore I was unaware of this. Color me informed.

That's f*cking insanity, right out. Are there really people who think redheads are some species of subhuman? Good lord. I've heard of redheads called "gingers" before but didn't know it was meant in a derogatory manner. And of course there's the age-old "redhead temper" line.

I just never have seen it here to any degree. I'm 20 years out of school; but 9 years ago I was dying my hair dark red(!) Never heard a mean word.

I'm sorry you've been through this. Are adults this bad or is it just kids looking for a reason to be mean to and exclude others?

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 16 2009, 07:19 PM)
I love red heads. My wife is a red head. That article is full of shit.

My mom's a redhead. Still, even though she's now 67. No dye, nothing. Freckles, the whole package. If anyone made fun of her I would kick some ass.

Nothing wrong with red heads at all. drool1.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~juneybee/Auctions/Sinman6969/DebraMessing01-8x10.jpg

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/c/c2/htf_imgcache_25193.jpeg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_01/everhartMOS1003_228x434.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rSA9SVWw60w/SjD330ydMBI/AAAAAAAAFNA/kF_FUgt0D_E/s400/alicia_witt+8.jpg

I could go on and on. It's all personal preference, but I think that these famous women could be universally categorized as attractive.

Ive had nothing but fun with redheads. Do they have more attittude than others?..Perhaps its just the image they like to portray, but from my experience, they have it in spades, in a good way of course.

Redheads rock! 1022.gif

red hair is rare and different, and so needs to be bullied. eyesre4.gif

i wonder if the fiery personality comes from being picked on olla time. confused13.gif

ever heard the term "beaten like a red-headed stepchild" ? laugh.gif

well, it used to be funny. unsure.gif

i think red is beautiful on either gender. wub.gif

my best friend in high school was a red-head. yes.gif

the obnoxious boys called her "fire crotch". spit6ph.gif

hmm,,,i wonder if that's why my sister likes red-headed men so much. huh.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 16 2009, 10:43 PM)
red hair is rare and different, and so needs to be bullied. eyesre4.gif
i wonder if the fiery personality comes from being picked on olla time. confused13.gif

ever heard the term "beaten like a red-headed stepchild" ? laugh.gif
well, it used to be funny. unsure.gif

i think red is beautiful on either gender. wub.gif
my best friend in high school was a red-head. yes.gif
the obnoxious boys called her "fire crotch". spit6ph.gif

hmm,,,i wonder if that's why my sister likes red-headed men so much. huh.gif

Fire crotch. A classic that never goes out of style.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Dec 17 2009, 04:48 AM)
http://randsco.com/_img/video/035/ginger_kids.jpg

because

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/characters/171a.jpg

-Evil

-No soul

-etc...