Just a question from a guy

Sark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^bullshit.

But, I guess it depends on the woman. A woman who is attracted to an asshole most likely doesn't think much of herself.

To me, the most physically attractive man can be rendered absolutely repulsive if he acts like a dickhead all of the time. Men who are confrontational, argumentative and just plain rude are disgusting.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 30 2009, 05:58 PM)
^^^bullshit.

But, I guess it depends on the woman. A woman who is attracted to an asshole most likely doesn't think much of herself.

To me, the most physically attractive man can be rendered absolutely repulsive if he acts like a dickhead all of the time. Men who are confrontational, argumentative and just plain rude are disgusting.

laugh.gif

It doesn't work on every girl. I know. But, the older I get, I definitely see a trend that the younger ladies (in their 20's) like the assholes better. I have no idea why. I guess they show more confidence than the nice, shy guy type.

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 24 2009, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 24 2009, 09:56 AM)
The nice genuine blue collar hard working man is the best catch ladies. He will appreciate you more, and works too f***ing hard to have any time to cheat on you.

This is what I have and I'm not complaining wink.gif wub.gif

REALLY... confused13.gif

Why go to the dating services that cost $?? confused13.gif

Forum sites are free!

All you have to do is watch the posts till you find someone interesting, follow all their posts religiously, strike up a friendship, tell lies to impress her/him, stay up all nite chating and flirting and see what happens. wub.gif

Maybe you'll even get a little computer cat.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (mystic @ Dec 31 2009, 10:50 AM)
Why go to the dating services that cost $?? confused13.gif

Forum sites are free!

All you have to do is watch the posts till you find someone interesting, follow all their posts religiously, strike up a friendship, tell lies to impress her/him, stay up all nite chating and flirting and see what happens. wub.gif

Maybe you'll even get a little computer cat.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Even better, you could get stalked, or post something that ruins your chances of getting a job when your prospective employer Googles.

Quiet, low key confidence is key. You dont have to be arrogant to show confidence. Ive found that woman who like the loud, arrogant prick are the ones who are the most annoying.

If you have a girlfriend, you are happier than without a girlfriend and that shows. Also it's much easier to talk to women if you already have your woman... you don't need to think about if they like you or not. I guess men and women tend to like people who enjoy themselves and that's what you do if you are in love and have a girlfriend. Try to be all happy although you don't have a girlfriend and the girls will like you. wink.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 4 2010, 09:46 AM)
Quiet, low key confidence is key. You dont have to be arrogant to show confidence. Ive found that woman who like the loud, arrogant prick are the ones who are the most annoying.

I don't think that's it exactly. I've known plenty of platonic female friends (that aren't annoying) that end up with overbearing pricks. I just think they simply mistake loud arrogance for confidence. But yeah, you're right: you don't have to be arrogant to show confidence.

Not to be scientific or anything smile.gif

If you're going out with a girl, other girls will assume that there's something about you that's worth going out for. So it's a safe bet that you're a worthy mate.

If you come across as being single, you haven't proven anything to anyone; so you're a risk.

Women happen to care about risk when they're carrying a baby for 9 months.

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 26 2009, 02:44 PM)
then I give up.

As a refugee from several long term relationships and one failed marriage I think that's your best course of action and the sensible thing to do.

There's only one female in my life at present and that's fine by me - she's not let me down yet and I don't think she ever will.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/Jimyyz2112/kids/mary3.jpg

She hasn't told me to get my hair cut or dyed to cover the gray, change my choice in clothes, stop watching/reading SF and fantasy or stop listening to Rush. She only complains on the occasions when I don't shave for a few days because it tickles (though she seems fine with the goatee I've got at the present)

What more could I want?

Edited by Slaine mac Roth

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 30 2009, 05:38 PM)
Be a complete asshole. Girls love it.

Yeah...you got a point. In my line of work, I see so many women putting up with some douche bag because they don't think that they deserve any better.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 11 2010, 12:59 PM)
then I give up.

As a refugee from several long term relationships and one failed marriage I think that's your best course of action and the sensible thing to do.

There's only one female in my life at present and that's fine by me - she's not let me down yet and I don't think she ever will.

She hasn't told me to get my hair cut or dyed to cover the gray, change my choice in clothes, stop watching/reading SF and fantasy or stop listening to Rush. She only complains on the occasions when I don't shave for a few days because it tickles (though she seems fine with the goatee I've got at the present)

What more could I want?

Is that a vest I see? Very nice.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 11 2010, 12:59 PM)
then I give up.

What more could I want?

biggrin.gif she's a keeper yes.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jun 11 2010, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 30 2009, 05:38 PM)
Be a complete asshole. Girls love it.

Yeah...you got a point. In my line of work, I see so many women putting up with some douche bag because they don't think that they deserve any better.

I had always thought that girls liked a gentlemen. Someone who was nice and considerate. I found this to not be true. Yes, most women like confidence, but they also like the 'bad boy'. I think that they just like the challenge. For example, if you act like a dick and don't give the time of day to the girl, they want you more. I hate head games. I am at the point now that I don't care - take me for what I am or don't take me at all. wink.gif

Btw, Rush women are the best girlfriends in the whole wide world !

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 24 2009, 09:38 AM)
I was just wondering why is it that when I had a girlfriend I was hit on several times during the course of our relationship ( about 8 different times during the course of 3 years.) It's been almost 2 years since we broke up, and now if I ask someone out it's like I asked them to donate a kidney. I never cheated on my girlfriend and I see so many guys that treat the women they are with like crap. I just want to know why nice guys are always last.

It's because girls are not exactly logical, they like challenges, and they want what they can't have. Just pretend like you have a girlfriend even though you don't. But, that prolly won't work because girls are very smart in some ways even though they seem clueless in other ways. It's worth a try, though. It's very complicated. But the best way to win is to be confident, smile, don't compliment them, and don't show any signs of insecurity. Overcome any shyness you have or you will lose over and over. Use eye contact and wait for them to look away first. If you seem like you care about them too much at first, they'll think you're desperate and will run away. Don't do what seems logical to them. They are not like you. if they were, you would be having great success with dating because you could just treat them the way you would want to be treated. Girls get offers daily from guys, and get compliments from guys. Don't play along with this. They get bored very easily, too. Make them wonder why you're not sucking up to them. This will make them curious, perhaps.

Above all you need to realize there are millions of girls out there and they're there for the taking. Don't focus on just one girl. If you open up your target range you will increase your chances greatly.

let me know if this works. I accept paypal. wink.gif

Another thing... Don't listen too closely to advice women give you. They will tell you to be nice and be yourself. That won't work for you. You've probably already tried that and that's why you're by your lonesome. Be a man. Even if you're not great looking you can still score a hot chick. Trust me. There are lots of girls who like how a guy acts and looks are less important. Be a good kisser. Don't be a wuss about it. They will get turned on and think you really know what you're doing if you're a good kisser. But you will not get to kiss them if you sit around waiting to come to you. Go after them, but don't let them know what you're doing. Hang out in places where women go. Going to a Rush concert is a bad place to meet women, for instance. It's possible, but improbable. Far too many guys to compete with. No girl is going to come knocking on your door for a date. Speaking of dating, dating is a losing proposition for guys. Dating is for couples who are already having sex. Take the pressure off by suggesting a meetup, not a date. Don't ask her out for a steak dinner. That is a bad idea. If you make a big deal out of your encounter you will put her in the drivers seat and you'll likely strike out. Don't think that a nice car will do it for you either. A guy with a crappy car will be far more likely to get girls than a guy with a nice car if he has confidence. You only get one chance at a first impression, so don't be put into the

'friends only" category. Girls categorize guys, and if you are too nice you'll be put there right away and never stand a chance with her. f you pay too much attention to her and compliment her like everyone else you will eliminate your chances of success. Confidence is a number one priority, but don't be too cocky or that will ruin you, too. Don't be afraid of failure. it might take a few tries to get some phone numbers, but don't give up. Good luck, dude.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 14 2010, 10:40 PM)
Another thing... Don't listen too closely to advice women give you. They will tell you to be nice and be yourself. That won't work for you. You've probably already tried that and that's why you're by your lonesome. Be a man. Even if you're not great looking you can still score a hot chick. Trust me. There are lots of girls who like how a guy acts and looks are less important. Be a good kisser. Don't be a wuss about it. They will get turned on and think you really know what you're doing if you're a good kisser. But you will not get to kiss them if you sit around waiting to come to you. Go after them, but don't let them know what you're doing. Hang out in places where women go. Going to a Rush concert is a bad place to meet women, for instance. It's possible, but improbable. Far too many guys to compete with. No girl is going to come knocking on your door for a date. Speaking of dating, dating is a losing proposition for guys. Dating is for couples who are already having sex. Take the pressure off by suggesting a meetup, not a date. Don't ask her out for a steak dinner. That is a bad idea. If you make a big deal out of your encounter you will put her in the drivers seat and you'll likely strike out. Don't think that a nice car will do it for you either. A guy with a crappy car will be far more likely to get girls than a guy with a nice car if he has confidence. You only get one chance at a first impression, so don't be put into the
'friends only" category. Girls categorize guys, and if you are too nice you'll be put there right away and never stand a chance with her. f you pay too much attention to her and compliment her like everyone else you will eliminate your chances of success. Confidence is a number one priority, but don't be too cocky or that will ruin you, too. Don't be afraid of failure. it might take a few tries to get some phone numbers, but don't give up. Good luck, dude.

Against my better judgment, some comments:

*All guys want "hot" chicks...where does that leave the rest of us? confused13.gif

*I must be in the minority because I LIKE nice guys.

*You're right about kissing and confidence, though.

*I'm married so this is moot, but I'm commenting anyway.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 15 2010, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 14 2010, 10:40 PM)

Against my better judgment, some comments:

*All guys want "hot" chicks...where does that leave the rest of us? confused13.gif

*I must be in the minority because I LIKE nice guys.

*You're right about kissing and confidence, though.

*I'm married so this is moot, but I'm commenting anyway.

For me, I don't go after "hot chicks", myself. I just know most guys are "shallow hals" and so that's what they want. My girlfriend picked me up at a bar. I was with my "then" girlfriend to see my buddy's band at a club and she introduced herself and said she heard a lot of nice things about me and was glad to finally meet me. The red tape that goes along with a "hotty" is not worth it at all, and I won't put up with the B.S. at all, so I aim for someone who is nice, doesn't drink and into going out and doing fun stuff. My girlfriend is awesome. She's no supermodel (pretty average looking), she's older too, and we are having the time of our lives. I figured I'd cook for her since she has 3 kids and she might appreciate that. Well, she does! She does everything else for me, appreciates me and I love her to death. I never take her for granted ,I please her in any way I can and she says I'm the most awesome guy she's ever met. (she's 46, been married twice and I'm 42, single never married, no kids btw.)

The advice I was giving was geared toward the average guy who wants a super attractive woman. There's a lot more to a woman that looks and I'd rather be with someone I can talk to and that isn't getting offers from other guys every day. Someone who appreciates me for who I am, and my talents both onstage and off. I'm older and wiser, but a lot of guys don't appreciate a woman like I do, and just want someone with big boobs and a nice @ss. There' a lot more to life than that, for sure...

I hope this defended me somewhat. Nice girls are wonderful, but you have to be a bit mature to understand and appreciate them.

Here's a pic of my gf and her daughter from last sunday when they came over to go atv riding: 653.gif

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/callliejoan.jpg

And look at me! I'm nothing to write home about but I'm 100% faithful and treat my girl like gold:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/kenny.jpg

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 16 2010, 04:50 PM)
I see I killed another thread. huh? nice. i didn't know I was that fugly. Shoulda known that would be a deal breaker...  unsure.gif

lol Kenny ~ you're too funny. You're not fugly hug2.gif

I don't know if I completely agree with everything you posted, but I can say you did get some advice right!

Ask, ask ask ~ you never know until you try.

Be confident, yes, but not arrogant. Treat her well. Call her when you say you'll call. And be honest with yourself about what you're looking for... don't settle for no brains because she's hot, unless that's what you want.

edit for spelling doh.gif

th1245.gif

Edited by sundog