Star Wars

Slacker

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jun 11 2005, 08:45 PM)
Why does everyone hate poor old Jar Jar?  tongue.gif

You mean you don't? I think it's every Star Wars fan's right and responsibility to hate Jar Jar. What other character in a film universe cheapened it worse?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 12 2005, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jun 11 2005, 08:45 PM)
Why does everyone hate poor old Jar Jar?  tongue.gif

You mean you don't? I think it's every Star Wars fan's right and responsibility to hate Jar Jar. What other character in a film universe cheapened it worse?

http://www.mindspring.com/~ernestm/jarjar/binksslashed.jpg

Jar Jar Binks represents George Lucas' inner disdain for humanity. He inflicted this retarded clam on us as punishment for being so stupid-or so it would seem. He (Lucas) must be surrounded by yes-men that wouldn't dare question his hubris on anything. So sneakiy is this pervasive evil that it possesses my reason and I find myself saying "Okie-day".

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jun 12 2005, 11:39 AM)
i saw Episode One when it first came out, meaning i was like 10-11..i loved Jar-Jar!! he was so cute.

you poor, sad, demented old people with your twisted ways. sad.gif

tongue.gif

Hey!!! old.gif

The age thing must be an issue. I grew up with the original trilogy, and the storylines represented therein.

Jar Jar was like...the Ewoks x 100 on the annoyance scale.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 12 2005, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jun 12 2005, 11:39 AM)
i saw Episode One when it first came out, meaning i was like 10-11..i loved Jar-Jar!!  he was so cute.

you poor, sad, demented old people with your twisted ways.  sad.gif

tongue.gif

Hey!!! old.gif

The age thing must be an issue. I grew up with the original trilogy, and the storylines represented therein.

Jar Jar was like...the Ewoks x 100 on the annoyance scale.

laugh.gif

them ewoks DO tend to get on the nerves!

i can see where you're coming from, i guess different generations will tend to differ in their opinions!

this brings up why i didn't think more of revenge of the sith:

1. Too much action
2. Not enough Jar-Jar

seriously, (hey, i quoted myself!), episode 3 was the best of the prequel trilogy and i even thought episode 2 was great. episode 1 wasn't a complete wash either, but would have been infinitely more tolerable with less jar-jar and if the actors who played anakin and his mother could actually ACT! was it just me, or were they just lousy actors?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2005, 01:47 PM)
...but would have been infinitely more tolerable with less jar-jar and if the actors who played anakin and his mother could actually ACT! was it just me, or were they just lousy actors?

It was NOT just you.

They could NOT act.

The scenes when "ANNIE" is getting ready to leave with Qui-Gon and ostensibly will NEVER SEE HIS MOTHER AGAIN...he's like "Bye, mom! Yippee, I get to ride in a starship!!!" And she's like, "Bye, sweetie! Now, back to the laundry."

Puh-leeze.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 13 2005, 03:37 PM)
...but would have been infinitely more tolerable with less jar-jar and if the actors who played anakin and his mother could actually ACT!  was it just me, or were they just lousy actors?

It was NOT just you.

They could NOT act.

The scenes when "ANNIE" is getting ready to leave with Qui-Gon and ostensibly will NEVER SEE HIS MOTHER AGAIN...he's like "Bye, mom! Yippee, I get to ride in a starship!!!" And she's like, "Bye, sweetie! Now, back to the laundry."

Puh-leeze.

They didn't call him 'Mannequin Skywalker' for nothing.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 13 2005, 02:37 PM)
...but would have been infinitely more tolerable with less jar-jar and if the actors who played anakin and his mother could actually ACT!  was it just me, or were they just lousy actors?

It was NOT just you.

They could NOT act.

Puh-leeze.

You got it - this was by far the worst of the offending scenes, and SO badly done that it really drags the whole credibility of the movie down. You would think he was going out with friends to go roller skating and she was admonishing him to be home by 10:30. Inexcusable...

You guys still haven't answered my question. How would you have liked to see Jar-Jar die?

I went and saw Sith again tonight with two friends who had not seen it yet. I tried to put the bad acting of H.C. out of my head and just enjoy it.

Well, I was still annoyed by the bad acting. But I did enjoy seeing it again. The 2 large glasses of Fat Tire Ale that I consumed at Outback Steakhouse before the movie did wonders for my enjoyment.

Well, I was still annoyed by the bad acting. But I did enjoy seeing it again. The 2 large glasses of Fat Tire Ale that I consumed at Outback Steakhouse before the movie did wonders for my enjoyment.

So then the obvious question becomes - Did you have a bloomin' onion??? Man, those things are... well.. YUMMY! drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

hey guys, what's up? i'm new to this board and i saw this star wars topic and i just had to join in.

i absolutely love star wars. i am admittedly a star wars "geek". i know almost everything there is to know about the movies (pretty soon i'll be reading a bunch of the books too) and i even have the movies mostly memorized lol.

so what did you all think of Revenge of the Sith? i thought it was excellent. definitely the best of the prequels. it's still not as good as the classic trilogy though.

I saw ROTS for the second time yesterday. My son wanted to take his dad for Father's Day (this was the THIRD viewing for those two). They gave Kerry this poster that he thought was AWESOME. biggrin.gif

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/theater/img/20050615_bg.jpg

Pretty funny, actually. laugh.gif

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie again, BUT: the whole Padme-has-lost-her-will-to-live thing REALLY bugs me. What a weak, weak point in the plot. Could've been handled so much better, IMO.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 20 2005, 10:32 AM)
Anyway, I enjoyed the movie again, BUT:  the whole Padme-has-lost-her-will-to-live thing REALLY bugs me.  What a weak, weak point in the plot.  Could've been handled so much better, IMO.

yes.gif Padme's whole part in Episode III was so corny. This was the only thing in ROTS that disappointed me. Too bad the lines between Anakin and Padme couldn't have been better. If that had been the case, I think that the whole movie would have been better considering this was one of the main things that the whole movie revolved around in the first place. (Anakins love for Padme, and he couldn't lose her, etc.)

Edited by NeilPeartFan2112

What if this was the way it went...

Anakin does the choke hold, sends Padme into premature labor. The babies live, she dies in childbirth (and NOT because the poor dear lost her will to live 062802puke_prv.gif) and THEN, you have the perfect set-up for Vader hating himself for killing her when his desire was to become all-powerful and keep her alive, AND for hating Luke and Leia for ostensibly taking part in their mother's death.