Star Wars

Slacker

QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 25 2005, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 24 2005, 06:24 PM)
Princess Neil?

no.gif

smile.gif

I have a sick mind GG, sorry..

1022.gif

I'm afraid you get a demerit for that one, ES. dazed025.gif

wink.gif

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the last movie yesterday.

It sucked.

Almost got up and left the theater in disgust several times, but each time deciding to stay to see the pointless ending because I had already wasted money on the damned thing.

Bah, the first Star Wars movie was great. The second and third were okay.

The fourth one sucked, to the point where I haven't yet bothered to see the 5th one. Decided to see the 6th and last one yesterday, and it sucked as much as the fourth one.

Blah.

the first star wars is my all time favorite movie (episode 4 mind you, NOT episode 1 - please!), but i must say that episode 3 is by far the best of the prequel trilogy (though I loved episode 2 as well) and is a MUST SEE!!!

may the force be with you...always

Hello quote lovers! Any Star Wars fanatics out there? Here are some quotes that

may sound familiar:

"I got a bad feeling about this."--Han Solo

"I have a very bad feeling about this." --Luke Skywalker

"I have a bad feeling about this." --Princess Leia

"Artoo, I have a bad feeling about this." --C-3PO

"I have a really bad feeling about this." --Han Solo

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." --Hologram of Princess Leia

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master." --Vader to Ben

"Your powers are weak, old man." --Vader to Ben

"Luke, don't give in to the hate--that leads to the dark side." --Ben's spirit

to Luke

"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being." --Han to Jabba

"If I told you half the things I've heard about this Jabba the Hutt, you'd

probably short-circuit." --C-3PO to R2-D2

"You may have been a good smuggler, but now you're bantha fodder." --Jabba to

Han

"It's not my fault!" --C-3PO

"It's not my fault!" --Lando Calrissian

"It's not my fault!" --Han Solo

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all

living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy

together." --Ben to Luke

"Don't underestimate the Force!" --Vader to Tarkin

"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded." --Ben to Luke

"There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny." --Han

Speaking of quotes, I always preferred the original quote in Empire when the big fish eats then spits out Artoo.

In the special editions, when Luke finds Artoo, he says "You were lucky to get out of there."

Originally, the line was, "You're lucky you don't taste very good." I could never figure out why that was changed.

oh, btw, "I have a bad feeling about this," was used in every film. It was kind of a running gag with Lucas. I can't remember where it was used in AOTC (think it was when Obi Wan was hanging off the side of the building during his fight with Jango Fett on Kamino) or ROTS.

Speaking of changes, why did he put Hayden in with Yoda and Ben at the end of the Return of the Jedi dvd? Did he suddenly go back in time when he died or what? It should have been left the way it was.

QUOTE (Sark @ Jun 2 2005, 11:36 AM)
Speaking of changes, why did he put Hayden in with Yoda and Ben at the end of the Return of the Jedi dvd? Did he suddenly go back in time when he died or what? It should have been left the way it was.

Supposedly, according to Lucas' DVD commentary, it had something to do with the last time the person was strong with the light side of the force determined how their ghost would appear. confused13.gif I'm not completely sure, I haven't listened to his commentary while watching the films. Personally, I think he just wanted to try to make more connection between the two trilogies.

But I agree, I think it should have stayed the way it was. One problem is that the Hayden ghost isn't even looking in the same direction as Obi Wan and Yoda.

I do think the changed footage of Vader's communion with the Emperor in TESB was actually a little better.

*spoiler alert*

Regarding the Emperor's appearance and it's explanation of why he was wrinkled, deformed, and had the yellow eyes in ROTS, I didn't quite agree with that either. I always figured it was because the Dark Side was consuming him, which I think would be a better explanation than rebounded Dark Side Lightning hitting him.

Do any peeps on this board have a whole group of mates who are really into Star Wars? Down where i live i'm the only one. My whole year is just "Urgh, you're a star wars freak, and that rush band you like are shit, they play long songs." It really gets to me how people cannot see the genius of Lucas anymore

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 17 2005, 04:36 AM)
This nice young lady goes to my school. But I've yet to see her. And I've yet to bump into her and make her drop all her books, and then kneel to pick them up for her and then our eyes lock and she tells me, Hi, my name's Natalie. smile.gif

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/amirror/portman.jpg

Happy 24th, Natalie.

wub.gif

I was just wondering....

If Jar-Jar Binks was killed in ROTS like he should have been, what what way would you have liked to see him go? Personally I would have liked to have seen a newly converted Vader force chocking the hell out of him until those stupid Gungan eyes popped out!

"Anny? Anny? Wassa you doing Anny? Meesa feeling kind of AAAACKKKK!"

QUOTE (Sark @ Jun 11 2005, 11:09 AM)
I was just wondering....

If Jar-Jar Binks was killed in ROTS like he should have been, what what way would you have liked to see him go? Personally I would have liked to have seen a newly converted Vader force chocking the hell out of him until those stupid Gungan eyes popped out!

"Anny? Anny? Wassa you doing Anny? Meesa feeling kind of AAAACKKKK!"

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Why does everyone hate poor old Jar Jar? tongue.gif