Hate crime or random act of violence?

tHobbs

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 15 2009, 10:06 PM)
I think it's stupidity of kids, more than anything...

Yeah... a dumb schoolyard type of fight... on a bus. There were a couple of white kids laughing, too.

QUOTE (tHobbs @ Sep 16 2009, 02:19 AM)
http://videos.stltoday.com/p/video?id=6172583

I have a feeling that white kid will sue not only those who beat him up, but the bus driver, the school, and the school system.

The kid should do that, it's the only legal way. And this is not only stupidity of kids, this is a crime. You can't hit other people, no matter if you're a kid or an adult.

They can always choose whether they wan't to be stupid or not. They are intelligent enough to go to school, so they have to be intelligent enough not to hit other people.

It is NOT ok for kids to beat each other! I would bet anything that this kid is picked on regularly. How would you feel if that was your son? I hope he does sue, maybe the school districts will take notice and be less tolerant of bullying!

RANT OFF!

I hope arrests were made, and that kid get his justice.

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 16 2009, 12:17 PM)
I hope arrests were made, and that kid get his justice.

Amen to that.

three words: what the fukk....

hope that kid does sue. I would want blood if that were my son getting beaten on (for no other reason than sitting in the wrong seat, no less) >:(

msn_sheep.png As long as there is interaction between people (regardless of race, colour, religion, etc.) there will be violence, this episode just happened to be caught on tape.

I'm positive there is so much violence we do not hear/ see in schools, and that will never end, so needless to say something of this matter does not suprise me, nor I'm a shocked at seeing this.

I'd say more, but i'm going to be the one who drags this into the SOCN.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 16 2009, 11:51 AM)

i think it's stupidity on the part of the bus driver who didn't do anything + all the kids who weren't involved and just stayed back and watched.

I was thinking, why the hell did the Bus Driver not stop the bus and do something...

What an Ass Hat.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 16 2009, 04:34 PM)

i think it's stupidity on the part of the bus driver who didn't do anything + all the kids who weren't involved and just stayed back and watched.

I was thinking, why the hell did the Bus Driver not stop the bus and do something...

What an Ass Hat.

the bus driver didn't want to risk his cowardly ass.

i heard the kid was looking for a seat to sit down and moved someone's bag that was taking up a spot.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 16 2009, 05:34 PM)

What an Ass Hat.

May be the bus driver was female?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 16 2009, 06:57 PM)

What an Ass Hat.

You can hear a man's voice say "Sit Down!" at the end

QUOTE (southernjim @ Sep 16 2009, 09:18 PM)

What an Ass Hat.

ok, may be the bus driver gets beat up by females regularly?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 16 2009, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (southernjim @ Sep 16 2009, 09:18 PM)

What an Ass Hat.

ok, may be the bus driver gets beat up by females regularly?

Regardless, if that was my Grandma. My Father's side, she would have kicked all there asses and made them behave biggrin.gif These day's there is no discipline plane and simple. wink.gif

That has happened to me Before, it was two sisters and they just didn't like me and they beat the shit out of me and threw my walkman out the window afterward(I miss that collective soul tape). I was the only white person on the bus so the bus driver didn't stop them and no one else stopped them either. I was 12 and the girls were 16 and 17.

QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Sep 17 2009, 12:50 AM)
That has happened to me Before, it was two sisters and they just didn't like me and they beat the shit out of me and threw my walkman out the window afterward(I miss that collective soul tape). I was the only white person on the bus so the bus driver didn't stop them and no one else stopped them either. I was 12 and the girls were 16 and 17.

Wow.....I'm sorry to hear that. ohmy.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 17 2009, 09:33 AM)

Me too. That should never happen and watching video tapes like this makes my blood boil.

The real problem as I see it is that there are decent people who don't do anything. That goes for the bus driver and the other dumb highschool kids that watched. If you notice on the tape, the victim didn't fight back while the other kids continued to beat on him, that tells me they were all cat.gif s and I would bet that if someone stood up against them, they would have stopped.

I do think there should be some kind of guidelines for the bus driver on what to do in a situation like this. At least pull the bus over and try to stop the fight.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Sep 17 2009, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 17 2009, 09:33 AM)

Me too. That should never happen and watching video tapes like this makes my blood boil.

The real problem as I see it is that there are decent people who don't do anything. That goes for the bus driver and the other dumb highschool kids that watched. If you notice on the tape, the victim didn't fight back while the other kids continued to beat on him, that tells me they were all cat.gif s and I would bet that if someone stood up against them, they would have stopped.

I do think there should be some kind of guidelines for the bus driver on what to do in a situation like this. At least pull the bus over and try to stop the fight.

Yeah they are Horrible and Parents say Bullying is Harmless. My bus driver disliked me as well. One day I was getting off the bus and she drove movied the bus when my foot was on the ground trying to get out. I told my mom and she didn't do crap. So yeah some on this sh*t goes un-video taped.

this. i am surprised at the publicity this has gotten.

in terms of the bystanders doing nothing, people have known for years that the more people that see something uncool going down the less likely anybody is to step in and stop the uncool deed. diffusion of responsibility.

Ever hear of Kitty Genovese?

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 17 2009, 03:44 PM)

this. i am surprised at the publicity this has gotten.

in terms of the bystanders doing nothing, people have known for years that the more people that see something uncool going down the less likely anybody is to step in and stop the uncool deed. diffusion of responsibility.

Ever hear of Kitty Genovese?

Well not as stupid as these kids:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nation...article1296465/

Archived