New Alex Interview

The Owl

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 4 2009, 07:08 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 3 2009, 03:17 PM)
Tentatively, we start work on the next album in the fall - I did mention it to Ged before he went away on holiday and he sort of looked the other way.

Encouraging news for sure, definitely sounds like Alex is chomping at the bit to get rocking, not so sure about the other two guys though.

Both these interviews are funny in that he dangles some really positive info in front of us and than finishes the sentence off with something discouraging.

He could have thrown these in too and they would have matched the theme.

"I've already looked into booking studio time at some of our favorite locations for October, when i mentioned this to Neil he said to chill the f**k out and give him another 6 months first to see whether he wants a new album"

"I've already started writing some foundation material for the new album at my house, a couple weeks ago when Geddy came over I was letting him listen to some of it so we could discuss and get the creativity going. Geddy said he had to step outside for a smoke and that's the last time I ever saw him!"

z7shysterical.gif

From the original interview, it sounds like Neil is open to the idea of getting back into the studio. Neil knows it is down the road still but the fact that he's thinking about the possibility is a good sign. He has a newborn and that's a tough stage. Once they get past this and baby is a few months older and into a more solid routine (and parents are in a routine!) then I'm sure Neil will have a much better idea about when he can, or is willing to, get back into the studio to do some recording.

And I still say Geddy's gesture of turning his head away when Alex mentioned getting back to work was just poor timing on Alex's part. Don't mention work before someone is going on vacation! That's probably the last thing Geddy wanted to think about.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2009, 10:17 AM)
And I still say Geddy's gesture of turning his head away when Alex mentioned getting back to work was just poor timing on Alex's part. Don't mention work before someone is going on vacation! That's probably the last thing Geddy wanted to think about.

Janie, one thing I really admire about you is how smart you are, when you put it this way it really makes sense.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but here I had learned from an inside source which beach Geddy is vacationing on (hint: Southern Spain) and was already making arrangements to have a message sent to him.

After a good dose of common sense, and thanks by the way, I suppose I'll abort this mini mission of mine.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/geddy.jpg

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 3 2009, 11:44 PM)
I think it was misreported as 2010. If they start working in October (hypothetically), there's no way an album will be ready this summer...they're not going to write and record an entire album in 5 or 6 months at the pace they work at these days.

I still predict 2011.

Yup

So will the lyrics on the next album be about fresh starts, innocense, rebirth, seeing the world through a child's eyes... ie... very positive fatherly topic?

Or will they be about sheltering and protecting from evils, destroying the planet for our kids to clean up, etc... somewhat negative?

Will be interesting to see how much influence NEP's kid and a second crack at fatherhood will have on his lyric writing.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 3 2009, 03:01 PM)
This would be awesome! But, I think Alex talks out his ass the most of the three, so I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I think Alex is pushing it to far, little bit of wishful thinking.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 4 2009, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2009, 10:17 AM)

Janie, one thing I really admire about you is how smart you are, when you put it this way it really makes sense.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but here I had learned from an inside source which beach Geddy is vacationing on (hint: Southern Spain) and was already making arrangements to have a message sent to him.

After a good dose of common sense, and thanks by the way, I suppose I'll abort this mini mission of mine.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/geddy.jpg

I have my moments! They can be few and far between though.

I'm beyond thrilled though that at least Alex is hopeful of getting back into the studio soon. And it's encouraging to hear that Neil is interested as well.

QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 4 2009, 09:02 AM)
So will the lyrics on the next album be about fresh starts, innocense, rebirth, seeing the world through a child's eyes... ie... very positive fatherly topic?

Or will they be about sheltering and protecting from evils, destroying the planet for our kids to clean up, etc... somewhat negative?

Will be interesting to see how much influence NEP's kid and a second crack at fatherhood will have on his lyric writing.

I'm telling you, the only lyrics going through Neil's head right now revolve around sleep deprivation and baby poo. We need to give him some time before he starts writing new lyrics. I do NOT need to hear Geddy singing about poo. Although I challenge Alex to write a guitar solo around that.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 4 2009, 10:58 AM)

Basically, Alex and Ged are ready. Neil isn't, but will be soon.

hehehe, that's not the case at all. Geddy is the one who will get the ball rolling... when he's damn good & ready. At this point in time, he's not ready. Neil has NOTHING to do with it. In fact, other than to send them lyrics, Geddy & Alex won't need him to be involved until late in the process.

Patience people... 2011 will be here before you know it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2009, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 4 2009, 09:02 AM)

I'm telling you, the only lyrics going through Neil's head right now revolve around sleep deprivation and baby poo. We need to give him some time before he starts writing new lyrics. I do NOT need to hear Geddy singing about poo. Although I challenge Alex to write a guitar solo around that.

Considering that wacky, out of tune solo he did for La Villa Strangiato for the 30th anniversary tour, I would be willing to bet he could solo around a song about baby poo.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 3 2009, 09:44 PM)
I think it was misreported as 2010. If they start working in October (hypothetically), there's no way an album will be ready this summer...they're not going to write and record an entire album in 5 or 6 months at the pace they work at these days.

I still predict 2011.

Maybe it was misreported.... I think Alex is eager... and just started spouting off without consulting the others laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Somewhere Neil is cursing Alex under his breath! biggrin.gif

It is exciting regardless of it's accuracy. I think it's a good thing for Alex to seem eager. Perhaps his energy will rub off on Ged and Neil and produce a kick arse follow up to one of my fav Rush albums. common001.gif

And a tour? yes.gif thank you

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Sep 7 2009, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 7 2009, 01:29 PM)
I can't see them getting excited about a new album

OK, I'll bite, why not??? confused13.gif

Don't mind Gemini he goes through phases. One day he'll be postings topics such as "How much would you pay to sniff Geddy's underwear?" and the next day Rush bores him to death.

laugh.gif

Archived