New Alex Interview

The Owl

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 7 2009, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Sep 7 2009, 04:29 PM)
hey ,guess what ...when my wife had our 3 kids i had to go back to work,neil should stop being such a prima donna angry.gif

hey, guess what...you HAD TO go back to work. apparently, peart doesn't (at the moment anyways)

no.gif hey this pugg faced fukcer owes me!

relax,,,,,just joshin! yes.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 7 2009, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Sep 7 2009, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 7 2009, 01:29 PM)
I can't see them getting excited about a new album

OK, I'll bite, why not??? confused13.gif

Don't mind Gemini he goes through phases. One day he'll be postings topics such as "How much would you pay to sniff Geddy's underwear?" and the next day Rush bores him to death.

laugh.gif

Gotcha. wink.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2009, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 4 2009, 07:08 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 3 2009, 03:17 PM)
Tentatively, we start work on the next album in the fall - I did mention it to Ged before he went away on holiday and he sort of looked the other way.

Encouraging news for sure, definitely sounds like Alex is chomping at the bit to get rocking, not so sure about the other two guys though.

Both these interviews are funny in that he dangles some really positive info in front of us and than finishes the sentence off with something discouraging.

He could have thrown these in too and they would have matched the theme.

"I've already looked into booking studio time at some of our favorite locations for October, when i mentioned this to Neil he said to chill the f**k out and give him another 6 months first to see whether he wants a new album"

"I've already started writing some foundation material for the new album at my house, a couple weeks ago when Geddy came over I was letting him listen to some of it so we could discuss and get the creativity going. Geddy said he had to step outside for a smoke and that's the last time I ever saw him!"

z7shysterical.gif

From the original interview, it sounds like Neil is open to the idea of getting back into the studio. Neil knows it is down the road still but the fact that he's thinking about the possibility is a good sign. He has a newborn and that's a tough stage. Once they get past this and baby is a few months older and into a more solid routine (and parents are in a routine!) then I'm sure Neil will have a much better idea about when he can, or is willing to, get back into the studio to do some recording.

And I still say Geddy's gesture of turning his head away when Alex mentioned getting back to work was just poor timing on Alex's part. Don't mention work before someone is going on vacation! That's probably the last thing Geddy wanted to think about.

Why the hell is Geddy going on "vacation"? "Vacation" from what?

The only reason I can think of is to get away from Alex's pestering.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 4 2009, 10:58 AM)
Janie, one thing I really admire about you is how smart you are, when you put it this way it really makes sense.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but here I had learned from an inside source which beach Geddy is vacationing on (hint: Southern Spain) and was already making arrangements to have a message sent to him.

After a good dose of common sense, and thanks by the way, I suppose I'll abort this mini mission of mine.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/geddy.jpg

laugh.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Sep 7 2009, 03:33 PM)

I love'em, but they're running on empty in creative terms, imo. Simply put, they've been through this cycle too many times.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 12 2009, 05:20 PM)

I love'em, but they're running on empty in creative terms, imo. Simply put, they've been through this cycle too many times.

I think Neil may have some new inspiration, given his late-in-life second chance at fatherhood. Geddy and Alex on the other hand are probably just going through the motions. They've been friends all their lives, and I'm sure they like to get together and jam... but as far as making an album and getting ready to tour again, I think you're right... I can't see them getting all fired up about it. They're closing in on 60, and they probably just want to spend time with their families. I'm sure we'll get something from them in the next year or two, but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

i still think alex is hungry. he was a little frustrated before they went into making s & a and that's when he approached david gilmour who told him to work with the acoustic. ged is interested in his fantasy baseball with a jam thrown in between. neil i don't know what to think.

one thing i do know, the next tour will be 1/2 the size of s & a.

I have a feeling that in reality it will be 3 years before we see another rush album and tour. Geddy didnt even want to discuss it, and we know how Neil feels about it. They typically wait 5 years between albums and I think we're looking at another 3 from this point.

I wouldn't mind if the tour was in 2012 instead of spring 2010 ( fing.gif wink.gif ).

I couldn't afford it in 2010. And in 2011 it could collide with my exams. 2012 I will be all stable and I plan to live in "West Germany" so the concert location won't be so far away from me.

What a plan. Now lets wait what the guys come up with. laugh.gif

I'm ready NOW ! ! !

I've spent $ 100,000.00 +, going to concerts over the years. Just in last few years i have had a financial meltdown. been working 2, sometimes 3 jobs & now maybe a trade school. But I could find a couple hundred to go see Rush. Pleanty of time to get my jobs off & prepare, Sell some things, work another job, sell some blood, yes.gif Yes I will be there ! I did have to cancel my plan's to see more than 1 show on the second leg of sNa due to financial falure.

On Subject, ..... Alex is hoping it happens that fast.....

2010 would be great for album & tour,

But more realistic would be 2011.

Some follow up touring in 2012

Idle for another year

2014 they can do a Retirement tour, maybe I will retire too. ( from attending concerts )

If a new album is released in 2010, my guess is it will be towards the end of the year... maybe a fall release. That means they probably won't tour until spring, unless they tour through fall/winter which I don't think they've done since 1996.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Sep 12 2009, 05:48 PM)

I think Neil may have some new inspiration, given his late-in-life second chance at fatherhood. Geddy and Alex on the other hand are probably just going through the motions. They've been friends all their lives, and I'm sure they like to get together and jam... but as far as making an album and getting ready to tour again, I think you're right... I can't see them getting all fired up about it. They're closing in on 60, and they probably just want to spend time with their families. I'm sure we'll get something from them in the next year or two, but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

Hi Shaun..it currently seems like Alex is the only motivated person of the Rush tripod. I can see Neil changing after his life starts feeling too routine...how many bike trips and books can you do before it gets too repetitive?

I believe boredom will be the glue that brings them together again. I hope they relax for 18 months and come back fresh rather than force another "something" out.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 14 2009, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Sep 12 2009, 05:48 PM)

Hi Shaun..it currently seems like Alex is the only motivated person of the Rush tripod. I can see Neil changing after his life starts feeling too routine...how many bike trips and books can you do before it gets too repetitive?

are you serious? peart hasn't done THAT many books when it comes to authors. i'm sure he's got much more in him. as far as bike trips or ANY trip for that matter, he's got the entire planet to work with AND he probably would like to repeat a few of his past trips (with a few modifications) anyways

QUOTE (TheWater @ Sep 13 2009, 03:45 AM)
I couldn't afford it in 2010. And in 2011 it could collide with my exams. 2012 I will be all stable and I plan to live in "West Germany" so the concert location won't be so far away from me.

What a plan. Now lets wait what the guys come up with. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Archived