Miley Cyrus as Batgirl?!

Jack Aubrey

I'd rather there be no more Batman movies than have this come to pass. Ugh.

The latest rumours to surface regarding a sequel to the 2008 flick THE DARK KNIGHT is that one Myley Cyrus is to play Batgirl after auditioning for a part over at Warner Brothers.

"She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," an insider told The Globe. "The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it off."

The word is that the new movie will go into production in 2010 and have a 2011 summer release set. More news as and when.

Source.

No. Won't happen. Joel Schumacher cast Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl in his last (and horrible) Batman film -- no way Nolan would do a similar move in his next film. I seriously doubt we'll see Batgirl or Robin as long as Nolan and Bale are involved.

To borrow a line from my students . . .

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

confused13.gif

"Quick Robin, hand me the Shark Repellent Bat Spray!"

Hare biggrin.gif

I hope it's true, only 'cuz I like to see trends continue, in this case, taking something good and f'in' it up by casting some trendy douche bag so it appeals to a very specific target audience which I am not a part of.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 29 2009, 10:36 AM)

The latest rumours to surface regarding a sequel to the 2008 flick THE DARK KNIGHT is that one Myley Cyrus is to play Batgirl after auditioning for a part over at Warner Brothers.

"She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," an insider told The Globe. "The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it off."

The word is that the new movie will go into production in 2010 and have a 2011 summer release set. More news as and when.

The third word in the piece says it all.

It's rumoured that I'll be replacing Tony Iommi in Heaven & Hell. Spread it around and we'll see where it ends up..!

Given the masterful job Nolan/Bale have done, I can't see them throwing away their artistic integrity on a brainless move like this.

That said, if it is true, I'll be skipping the next one.

umm this girl can't do ANYTHING. She can't sing, I don't watch enough HM to know about her acting...and her latest "fashion designing" expedition with Max Azria, who's a respected fashion designer, makes me want to puke.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jul 29 2009, 01:54 PM)
I hope it's true, only 'cuz I like to see trends continue, in this case, taking something good and f'in' it up by casting some trendy douche bag so it appeals to a very specific target audience which I am not a part of.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 29 2009, 11:36 AM)

ohmy.gif omfg 062802puke_prv.gif

i wholeheartedly concur, Jack