Will Neil be doing this at 84?

Earthshine

Neil has talked about how playing the drums is getting more and more painful and that touring is something he has to make himself do, etc. etc.

I would hope that he will keep playing and playing and playing...

Like this man:

And Roy can swing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! common001.gif

Yes, and he will on tour supporting the 8th new 2.gif album.

I imagine he'll take up something less taxing, like the clarinet.

not a chance...........

I think Neil will still be playing at 84. He's a drummer. That's what he does. He just won't do it as fast or as often has he is doing it today.

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Jul 29 2009, 03:34 AM)
Short answer: No. icon_alienjig.gif

Agreed. Of the three of them, my bet is that HE'LL be the one who will eventually refuse to play anymore and thus, cause the demise of Rush. Hell, he outright refused to play certain songs that Geddy wanted to add on the S&A tour. Just flat out said, NO and there wasn't a thing that Geddy or Alex could do about it.

The old codger is getting more ornery by the day...

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jul 29 2009, 05:43 PM)
Of the three of them, my bet is that HE'LL be the one who will eventually refuse to play anymore and thus, cause the demise of Rush. Hell, he outright refused to play certain songs that Geddy wanted to add on the S&A tour. Just flat out said, NO and there wasn't a thing that Geddy or Alex could do about it.

The old codger is getting more ornery by the day...

goodpost.gif

This is right on the money. That's Part V of the Fear Trilogy to me. sad.gif

Neil will play as long as he's physically or mentally able. Drums are such are giant part of his identity, how could he ever walk away from them? Like I stated in another thread, I hope that Rush will eventually play in small, intimate venues and theme their stage set into a big living room with a sofa, recliner, flat screen TV, fridge, dogs playing cards painting, etc. This would truly be epic (hilarious) and would also subtly state the "relaxed" phase of their career.

I would think he'll keep playing as long as he's physically able to. If he lives that long I can see him messing around like that, but Im sure Rush would be long gone by then. He's hated touring since apparently around the RTB days. And he really hates it now. 10 years from now Im pretty sure he will be unwilling to do it at all.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 31 2009, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 30 2009, 05:51 AM)
If he does it will be jazz no doubt.

Do you really think so? Neil was never into jazz until the whole Burnin' For Buddy saga.

So what are you saying? That he is not into it since? confused13.gif

edited for typo

Archived