Will Neil be doing this at 84?

Earthshine

Neil will NEVER pursue a Jazz drumming career. He sucks at Jazz/Big Band drumming.

Go listen to some Louie Bellson instead.

He blew Neil away! RIP

When Neil is 84 he will be wearing an adult diaper while cruising on his BMW motorcycle through the Santa Barbara landscape. He will be puffing on a "red apple" while having a hard time trying to breath in the salty sea air.

Shit, "When I'm Sixty-Four" Neil will be Eighty Four.

Sincerely,

THE BEATLES

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 31 2009, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 31 2009, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 30 2009, 05:51 AM)
If he does it will be jazz no doubt.

Do you really think so? Neil was never into jazz until the whole Burnin' For Buddy saga.

So what are you saying? That he is not inot it since? confused13.gif

Not at all. Just I don't think that jazz is Neil's favorite style of music. I think some of the Burnin' For Buddy was somewhat forced and contrived. But it was still a great idea and cool.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 31 2009, 01:49 AM)

Do you really think so? Neil was never into jazz until the whole Burnin' For Buddy saga.

Not at all. Just I don't think that jazz is Neil's favorite style of music. I think some of the Burnin' For Buddy was somewhat forced and contrived. But it was still a great idea and cool.

how do you know what he thinks of jazz? Did he tell you this? Do tell.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 31 2009, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 31 2009, 01:49 AM)

how do you know what he thinks of jazz? Did he tell you this? Do tell.

In more than one interview back in the early 80's (long before Burnin' For Buddy) Neil was asked if he listened to any jazz drummers and he stated "not really" and that he "actually related to the so-called fusion" and that for him to like jazz it "had to have some element of rock within it."

Out of all the years he lived in Toronto and London England and all the places he has been, wouldn't you think he would have had (and taken advantage of) the opportunity to see the late, great Buddy Rich at least once? I was always puzzled by that being that most if not all of the drummers on Burnin' For Buddy had seen Buddy at least once.

Neil also stated that he had to run out and get all these Buddy Rich recordings to learn the songs and the arrangements. If he were a jazz fan, don't you think he would have had many of them already?

Neil himself admitted he knew he had to take lessons from Freddie Gruber and later Peter Erskine to improve his jazz playing and swing.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 30 2009, 11:57 PM)

??

He loves jazz now. He would probably rather keep doing that stuff than Rush, or so his attitude seems anyway. You read his blog stories on his site and he has this fire for that kind of music, and he rarely mentions rush, and when he does he bitches about touring.

You need to read his stories more. He has a love for that kind of music that he seemingly hasnt had for rush in a very long time. He rarely even talks about rush anymore.

Haven't you guys heard? Rush is about to retire any day now! Isn't it obvious? I mean, if they're not going to do another 2112,

Hemispheres or Moving Pictures, they might as well just hang it up now, right? In fact, they should have broken up decades ago, because there's no way they will ever top what they did back then, and afterall, isn't that what it's all about? The fact that they are a much better live band now than they were "back in the day", is completely irrelevant, and shouldn't even be a consideration. Not to mention the fact that us fans know much more about how the band feels, and what they want to do than they themselves do, and rightfully so.

No, Rush has been done for a very long time, and there is no reason at all for any of us to continue to be fans, but they seem to be the last to know that. Don't they realize that if they don't keep making the same kind of records over and over again, they will never be as good as they used to be? Besides, NP hates being a rock star, and hates all us fans. Why he continues to be part of all that is a genuine curiosity. I say that from now on, none of us should ever buy another Rush record again, because it'll just SUCK anyway, right? And this board should be focused on how much Rush sucks now, and how much we hate them for it. C'mon people, it's time to get real!!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

in b4 "NEIL IS A DICK"-

oops, too late

laugh.gif

He will continue until his dying day (Providence Forbid!)....the man is an athlete, a virtuoso, a poet, a scholar, and a kick-ass drummer, eh!

Long Live teh Peart!!!! ♥♥♥♥

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 31 2009, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 31 2009, 10:28 PM)
in b4 "NEIL IS A DICK"-

oops, too late

laugh.gif

I'm first in with:

2 pages? WTF?

Oh please, like the Rush bashing on a Rush fan's message board will ever stop! angry.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jul 31 2009, 11:31 PM)
in b4 "NEIL IS A DICK"-

oops, too late

laugh.gif

I'm first in with:

2 pages? WTF?

Oh please, like the Rush bashing on a Rush fan's message board will ever stop! angry.gif wacko.gif

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp190/FindStuff2/Quotes%20and%20Sayings/Sarcasm/th317759_hi.jpg

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 31 2009, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jul 31 2009, 11:31 PM)
in b4 "NEIL IS A DICK"-

oops, too late

laugh.gif

I'm first in with:

2 pages? WTF?

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp190/FindStuff2/Quotes%20and%20Sayings/Sarcasm/th317759_hi.jpg

When the board is slow, the sarcasm takes over...BTW, Yes! Neil and the rest will continue to do what they love to do until they are no longer physically able to do it anymore! For the life of me, I don't understand why there is any doubt about that! (?)

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jul 31 2009, 11:53 PM)
When the board is slow, the sarcasm takes over...BTW, Yes! Neil and the rest will continue to do what they love to do until they are no longer physically able to do it anymore! For the life of me, I don't understand why there is any doubt about that! (?)

Probably because everyone doesn't think like you do. wink.gif

Yes, I know of B.B. King and everyone else who's been mentioned as being old and able to perform, but let's be honest. Rush are putting on 3-hour sets, and doing second legs and whatnot. How long can you keep that up? I know this isn't the end, I feel that there will be at least two more tours (two new albums? maybe), but that's not coming anytime soon. In the meantime I'll enjoy all the music I've discovered thanks to this forum.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 1 2009, 12:00 AM)
Yes, I know of B.B. King and everyone else who's been mentioned as being old and able to perform, but let's be honest. Rush are putting on 3-hour sets, and doing second legs and whatnot. How long can you keep that up?

True.

However, I get the feeling that Roy Haynes and B.B. King and other Senior Citizen greats still love going out there and performing.

I don't think Neil likes it at all and has not for a long time.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 1 2009, 01:14 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 1 2009, 12:00 AM)
Yes, I know of B.B. King and everyone else who's been mentioned as being old and able to perform, but let's be honest. Rush are putting on 3-hour sets, and doing second legs and whatnot. How long can you keep that up?

True.

However, I get the feeling that Roy Haynes and B.B. King and other Senior Citizen greats still love going out there and performing.

I don't think Neil likes it at all and has not for a long time.

That's the other part of it.

QUOTE (psionic11 @ Aug 1 2009, 07:47 PM)
No, Neil won't be doing this at 84, because he'l be dead already. Alex dies first, then Neil, then Geddy, but none of them will live to 84.

Sheesh, don't you people wacko.gif have any sense of time? Mortals, I swear....

You still haven't learned the hard truth? That your Magic 8 ball isn't always right?

Archived