Alice in Wonderland Teaser Trailer

vital signz

This has the potential to be absolutely amazing or a pile of steaming dogs eggs....

I'm delighted that Tim Burton is directing as he is more likely to inject a certain gothic element which the original book was certainly intended to have.

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

Alice in Wonderland is one of my all time fave books and I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.. OMG EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD!!!!

*faints*

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 24 2009, 07:48 AM)
This has the potential to be absolutely amazing or a pile of steaming dogs eggs....

I'm delighted that Tim Burton is directing as he is more likely to inject a certain gothic element which the original book was certainly intended to have.

Yep, Disney was way far off!

My only hesitation is that Burton can take that dark element too far.

My total love for Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter will definitely outweigh the fact that I f*ckin' hate Alice In Wonderland. I'll admit, I don't have much else besides the Disney acid trip-like movie to go from. So perhaps Burton's version will change my mind. He makes incredible movies, and Depp is an on-screen genius, no matter what he does.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 24 2009, 01:24 PM)

I normally avoid Burton's movies because I'm sick of seeing him do his Gothic thing. But this movie lends itself to that, so maybe it will work.

But Burton's other problem is that his films are often style over substance ("Willy Wonka"? "Sweeney Todd"? "Sleepy Hollow?" "Planet Of The Apes"?). Can "Alice" be good based on style and creepiness alone?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 24 2009, 08:02 AM)
ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

Alice in Wonderland is one of my all time fave books and I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.. OMG EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD!!!!

*faints*

I second this motion!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 24 2009, 12:24 PM)

Yeah, Burton can take the goth thing to a boring, cliched extreme. Just saw Coraline, and thought he struck a nice balance there.

I like Helena Bonham Carter and I think she's a fine actress and I especially love her performance in 'Fight Club'. However I've always been a little put off by her huge head. I swear in 'Mary Shelly's Frankenstein' her head gets bigger and bigger in every scene she's in. My wife shares this sentiment and we both jokingly call her Helena Bighead Carter. Now in this new 'Alice' movie they've made her head even bigger! I don't know if I'll be able to see it just based on that. Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (goose @ Jul 25 2009, 12:27 AM)

Yeah, Burton can take the goth thing to a boring, cliched extreme. Just saw Coraline, and thought he struck a nice balance there.

Burton had nothing to do with Coraline.

Edited by savagegrace26

Yea, Coraline was pretty good. I also thought Burton directed that. I didn't really dig the Nightmare before Christmas movie - too dark for me. This should be interesting. What's next? - Tim Burton's Wizard of Oz? wink.gif

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jul 27 2009, 04:47 PM)

Yea, Coraline was pretty good. I also thought Burton directed that. I didn't really dig the Nightmare before Christmas movie - too dark for me. This should be interesting. What's next? - Tim Burton's Wizard of Oz? wink.gif

To be honest, I wouldn't completely rule it out.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jul 27 2009, 08:47 PM)

Funny you should ask Cowtothesky!!!!! wink.gif

Tim Burton has teamed up with Johnny Depp (of course!) to begin filming the new DARK SHADOWS movie in 2010!!!

As a Dark Shadows veteran, I can't wait!!! It should be totally AMAZING!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com:80/2009/07/21/ex...hoot-next-year/

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 1 2009, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jul 27 2009, 08:47 PM)

Funny you should ask Cowtothesky!!!!! wink.gif

Tim Burton has teamed up with Johnny Depp (of course!) to begin filming the new DARK SHADOWS movie in 2010!!!

As a Dark Shadows veteran, I can't wait!!! It should be totally AMAZING!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com:80/2009/07/21/ex...hoot-next-year/

Hare biggrin.gif

COOl!

Tim Burtons movie are not always great, but there always worth checking out. Edward Scissorhands is my all time favorite. He kind of f*cked up Willy Wonka. Planet of the Apes was cool enough, but it should have been better.

My gripe is this. I wish he would stop retreading old movies and create something original more often.

Since he is on acid, he should do well with Alice.

Now what he should have done is an original... Alice Cooper in Wonderland ! Just think of the possibilities.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2009, 04:15 PM)
Now what he should have done is an original... Alice Cooper in Wonderland ! Just think of the possibilities.

AWESOME IDEA!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif atickhum.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 16 2009, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 16 2009, 02:16 PM)
new full trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/alice...iler_large.html

It certainly LOOKS cool. But will this film be more of the usual Burton style over substance?

It's Tim Burton of course tongue.gif

Then again AIW is such a classic story it'd be hard to mess it up.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 16 2009, 04:11 PM)
new full trailer

It certainly LOOKS cool. But will this film be more of the usual Burton style over substance?

Unless, of course, it's all style over substance. tongue.gif Then again he's had the basic plot and some of the dialogue handed right to him.

I am curious to see how much whining about how "it's not a KID'S movie" happens after the fact. Folks, the Lewis Carroll story was NOT for kids. Disney made it all pretty and stuff.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 16 2009, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 16 2009, 04:11 PM)
new full trailer

Unless, of course, it's all style over substance. tongue.gif Then again he's had the basic plot and some of the dialogue handed right to him.

I am curious to see how much whining about how "it's not a KID'S movie" happens after the fact. Folks, the Lewis Carroll story was NOT for kids. Disney made it all pretty and stuff.

Don't even get me started on how much I HATE Disney and how they Bastardize every single story they get their grubby lil meathooks in.

I HATED the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland but I LOVE the book! It's still my fave book of all time. I think I attribute how I make up words to suit my verbal needs (if you know me, you'd understand this very well) partially to the influence of Humpty Dumpty... Only I dont get paid by the letter. tongue.gif

I read it all the time as a child and then as an adult I picked it up again and got an ENTIRELY different perspective on it. As well as Through the Looking Glass... which it looks a lil as though Tim Burton has criss-crossed a bit with both books.

I'm VERY VERY VERY excitimated for this movie!!!