'The Last Airbender' trailer

Jack Aubrey

Here's the link: 'The Last Airbender'. Looks like high-concept stuff. Will Shyamalan suck again or will he finally pull himself our of his deep, deep rut? You decide!

Depending on what I've recently eaten...I've been known to be a hell of an "air" bender.

But the movie does look kinda cool, and it's an M knight Shamalamadingdong movie too (which used to mean something).

Lady in the Water was not very good (and I'm being kind), and The Happening was one of the worst movies I've ever seen (it would make a great candidate for a MST3000 parody).

This one, I gotta say, isn't getting me excited. Long gone are the days from The 6th Sense through The Village when every movie was something special...

I've been a HUGE fan of the cartoon series since Season one, thanks to my daughters constantly having it on. It caught my attention and sucked me in. The show is phenominal.

This trailer looks awesome! It started out great just watching Ang do his airbending - then to expand on the shot to see the Fire Nation attacking him. The ships look great in comparison to what they use in the show.

Definitely looking forward to this movie. yes.gif

I had no plans to see this movie in the theaters, anyway, but I just checked Rotten Tomatoes and this has a 7% positive rating (that's right, out of 100%) - reading the capsule reviews, they totally trashed this movie.

I must say that when I heard this was the next movie he was making, I couldn't fathom why, but I did hope he would turn his career around. Alas, he seems to have completely lost it. Lady in the Water was a mess. The Happening was disastrously bad (pun intended), and now this one would appear to be a lemon as well.

Oh well, it was great while it lasted... sad.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jul 24 2009, 03:12 PM)
I've been a HUGE fan of the cartoon series since Season one, thanks to my daughters constantly having it on. It caught my attention and sucked me in. The show is phenominal.

This trailer looks awesome! It started out great just watching Ang do his airbending - then to expand on the shot to see the Fire Nation attacking him. The ships look great in comparison to what they use in the show.

Definitely looking forward to this movie. yes.gif

If you're a fan of the show in any way at all do not go see this movie. Shyamalan has COMPLETELY murdered it. Absolutely gut-wrenchingly awful. The acting, the names, dialogue, how rushed it was. All the characters, introductions and backstories. It leaves an incredible amount of important information out. The list goes on and on.

I love the show, and now I'm scared to go see the movie... the trailer looks EPIC, the special effects, the casting, everything looks like I'd expect a live action adaptation of the animation to look. Sadly, it seems that everything else has suffered in the translation.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 6 2010, 01:22 PM)
Shyamalan has COMPLETELY murdered it. Absolutely gut-wrenchingly awful. The acting, the names, dialogue, how rushed it was. All the characters, introductions and backstories. It leaves an incredible amount of important information out. The list goes on and on.

Shamalamadingdong hasn't made a good movie since The Sixth Sense IMO. Signs was annoying, The Village was stupid and Lady in the Water was bloody awful. I refuse to surrender any more money to his POS movies.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 6 2010, 01:22 PM)
Shyamalan has COMPLETELY murdered it. Absolutely gut-wrenchingly awful. The acting, the names, dialogue, how rushed it was. All the characters, introductions and backstories.  It leaves an incredible amount of important information out. The list goes on and on.

Shamalamadingdong hasn't made a good movie since The Sixth Sense IMO. Signs was annoying, The Village was stupid and Lady in the Water was bloody awful. I refuse to surrender any more money to his POS movies.

I loved the first four up through The Village (to me an inexplicably horrendously underrated movie), but beyond that no.gif

Sixth Sense was awesome. Signs was very good (the ending stopped it from being great), and Unbreakable was halfway decent. The other stuff is crap on a stick.

I have a friend that's a big fan...went to the midnight showing all dressed up and everything. She absolutely HATED it. Couldn't say enough bad things about it. Please stop giving Shamalamadingdong money to make movies.

I love Unbreakable. That's it.

"Had a spark when you started, but now you're just garbage."

I just looked at RT and saw where Roger Ebert wrote:

"The Last Airbender is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented."

I'm going to Redbox this shit for a laugh when it comes out on DVD.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 7 2010, 04:48 AM)
I'm going to Redbox this shit for a laugh when it comes out on DVD.

I watched The Happening one time on DVD the day after Thanksgiving with about 10 people, family and friends, all of whom hadn't seen it. It was a really fun experience because we all ruthlessly made fun of it all the way through since it was so horrendously stupid and awful. At least that aspect of it was fun, otherwise it would have been really painful to sit through. How did someone who was so good get so bad so quickly?

These days he'd be awesome if he just stuck with 2 minute movie trailers. But unfortunately he continues for 2 or more hours.

I trusted his films too many times. Schlongmalan is now up there with one of my other hated filmmakers: Roland Emmerich.