RIP Billy Mays

priest_of_syrinx

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/06/28...orida_home.html

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead in Florida home

By Erin Durkin

DAILY NEWS WRITER

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 12:45 PM

Pitchman Billy Mays became famous for his infomercials.

Spirited TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead at his Tampa home earlier this morning, police said.

Mays, 50, lent his trademark booming voice to infomercials for products like OxiClean and Orange Glo.

His wife, Deborah Mays, found him at their home Sunday morning, the Associated Press reported. Tampa police said there were no signs of a break in or foul play.

An autopsy will be done by Monday afternoon to determine the cause of death.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Deborah Mays said in a statement. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays, who got his start peddling products to passersby on the Atlantic City Boardwalk, has plugged Mighty Putty, the Ding King dent repair kit, and, most recently, the website ESPN360.com

"With every product you see me on TV with, I've turned down 100, 150 more," Mays told the News earlier this month, while in New York for a look alike contest. "I've been on TV for 11 years, and all I have is my good name."

"I compare myself to a big-league slugger, a quarterback, the doctor who delivers the baby," he said. "I'm not an inventor, but I'll take your product to the next level."

------------------

Second to Farrah Fawcett for most depressing death. What the hell is going on? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 28 2009, 04:09 PM)
He's not dead, he's just doing an infomercial for the Afterlife 3000.

biggrin.gif

In any case.

R.I.P. pitchman.

He got hit on the head by a piece of luggage on a flight the day before... could be the cause of death???

"On June 27, Mays had been aboard US Airways flight 1241 which suffered a blowout of its front tires. The violence of the landing caused some loose objects in the cabin to strike some passengers. Mays told a local Tampa television station that some of the objects "hit me on the head, but I got a hard head." It is unclear whether Mays' death was related to the incident. His wife noted that he felt unwell when he went to bed that night early at 10 PM. The next morning he was pronounced dead at 7:45 AM by a local fire rescue crew

I think he was murdered by Vince.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/Edan1266/planned.jpg

Just read this on the net and laughed my ass off !

HI, BILLY MAYS HERE WITH KABOOM. DO YOU HAVE LOTS OF DIRTY SHIT IN YOUR HOUSE THAT NEEDS ALL CLEANED UP? THEN BUY SOME OF THIS GODDAMN KABOOM. THIS SHIT COULD CLEAN THE WARTS OFF YOUR SISTER'S VAGINA. YOU CAN PUT SOME KABOOM ON YOUR DICK, AND IT'LL GROW THREE INCHES. f**k.

IN A FEW MINUTES, THERE WILL BE A GODDAMN NUMBER ON YOUR SCREEN. CALL THAT SHIT AND BUY SIX JUGS OF THIS f***ing KABOOM AND WE'LL THROW IN A SAMURAI SHARK AND SOME GODDAMN ZORBEEZ. WHAT ARE ZORBEEZ? YOU BEST BE JOKING, *****. THOSE f***ing TOWELS CAN SOAK UP LIKE A GALLON APIECE. YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED THEM AFTER YOU SHARPEN YOUR f***ing SCISSORS WITH THE SAMURAI SHARK. BECAUSE YOU'LL SIMULTANEOUSLY SHIT, PISS, AND EJACULATE IN YOUR PANTS. HOW DO YOU PISS AND EJACULATE AT THE SAME TIME? f**k YOU, THAT'S HOW. CALL ME NOW AND I'LL STOP YELLING. NEVERMIND, I CAN'T STOP SO f**k YOU. I'M GONNA GO JACK OFF WITH SOME ORANGE-GLO SO PEACE OUT *******.

SO CALL 1-800-781-7529 NOW AND TELL THEM BILLY MAYS SENT YOU

THAT NUMBER AGAIN IS 1-800-781-7529 THATS ONE EIGHT ZERO ZERO SEVEN EIGHT ONE SEVEN FIVE TWO NINE

CALL NAO! rofl3.gif

Damn, tick, I so outed myself at work by reading that! I've got tears streaming right now.

No way anyone thinks I was reading a zoning ordinance.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 29 2009, 12:15 AM)

That guy....is a freak.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 29 2009, 02:14 PM)
Just read this on the net and laughed my ass off !

HI, BILLY MAYS HERE WITH KABOOM. DO YOU HAVE LOTS OF DIRTY SHIT IN YOUR HOUSE THAT NEEDS ALL CLEANED UP? THEN BUY SOME OF THIS GODDAMN KABOOM. THIS SHIT COULD CLEAN THE WARTS OFF YOUR SISTER'S VAGINA. YOU CAN PUT SOME KABOOM ON YOUR DICK, AND IT'LL GROW THREE INCHES. f**k.

IN A FEW MINUTES, THERE WILL BE A GODDAMN NUMBER ON YOUR SCREEN. CALL THAT SHIT AND BUY SIX JUGS OF THIS f***ing KABOOM AND WE'LL THROW IN A SAMURAI SHARK AND SOME GODDAMN ZORBEEZ. WHAT ARE ZORBEEZ? YOU BEST BE JOKING, *****. THOSE f***ing TOWELS CAN SOAK UP LIKE A GALLON APIECE. YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED THEM AFTER YOU SHARPEN YOUR f***ing SCISSORS WITH THE SAMURAI SHARK. BECAUSE YOU'LL SIMULTANEOUSLY SHIT, PISS, AND EJACULATE IN YOUR PANTS. HOW DO YOU PISS AND EJACULATE AT THE SAME TIME? f**k YOU, THAT'S HOW. CALL ME NOW AND I'LL STOP YELLING. NEVERMIND, I CAN'T STOP SO f**k YOU. I'M GONNA GO JACK OFF WITH SOME ORANGE-GLO SO PEACE OUT *******.

SO CALL 1-800-781-7529 NOW AND TELL THEM BILLY MAYS SENT YOU

THAT NUMBER AGAIN IS 1-800-781-7529 THATS ONE EIGHT ZERO ZERO SEVEN EIGHT ONE SEVEN FIVE TWO NINE

CALL NAO! rofl3.gif

I can so hear him saying every single word in this montage too. laugh.gif

Whenever he'd come on tv for a commercial or infommercial, my wife and I would look at each other and wonder why this person was yelling at us. Then we'd promptly turn it off.

That might be the way to sell products to some people, but not to us. no.gif

Anyway, R.I.P. loud yelly dude...

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 29 2009, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 29 2009, 12:15 AM)

biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. Celebrity deaths usually come in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in an extra one free of charge! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 29 2009, 03:15 PM)
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. Celebrity deaths usually come in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in an extra one free of charge! laugh.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 29 2009, 05:15 PM)

This is brilliant. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 29 2009, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 29 2009, 05:15 PM)
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. Celebrity deaths usually come in threes. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in an extra one free of charge!  laugh.gif

This is brilliant. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Sheer genius Jack.

Just for that, I won't ask for my $19.99 back, even if it's free shipping. cool.gif

Archived