Neil going to be a father

vaportrails14

Congratulations Neil and Carrie this is wonderful news and Neil will be a fantastic dad and his age does not matter at all. I do hope that I will get to see them play again though. 2.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the point of conception

To the moment of Truth

At the point of surrender

To the burden of proof

From the point of ignition

To the final drive

The point of the journey is not to arrive

anything can happen

No wonder why he looked so happy (almost giddy) during the recent drum channel interview!!

One of my co-workers had a baby two years ago when he was 54 and his wife was 43. I'm pretty sure they conceived naturally - and they have a healthy, happy toddler now! This guy has a 38 yr old son, two grandsons (13 & 9), and a 2-yr old. He's a great father. He also just retired this week and is going to be a stay-at-home dad! (But let's hope Neil doesn't do that - or only does it for a couple of years!!!!)

Congrats Neil & Carrie!

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 27 2009, 09:56 PM)
I can see them recording.... but touring?

For someone like Neil, who dislikes touring at the best of times... having a child is likely one more reason for him to want and need to stay close to home.

This is why I think we aren't going to see another tour. I imagine Neil is going to want to be with Carrie and the child for at least the first two years solid. So many changes happen (daily almost) that I can't see him wanting to miss that. Unless, it's easy to tour with an infant?? I don't think he would want to be away and miss so many of this precious milestones. IF he did that, he would be in his early 60s when they toured next. Can he/will he want to tour then? At that age?

I still am so elated for them! That is the best news. With news like this, I'm happy with no upcoming album or tour. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 28 2009, 04:10 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 28 2009, 12:33 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2009, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (DallasRUSHian @ Jun 28 2009, 12:48 AM)
Perhaps they'll think of recording in L.A., so he can be close to home.

Kids ARE portable, especially as babies. They pretty much fit anywhere.

goodpost.gif

Seriously! I've been thinking the same thing..now is the BEST time to tour..well, after Baby Peart makes an appearance. Tuck the kid in a bag and go!

Neil could certainly get a bus with ALL the amenities and have Baby Peart and Carrie travel in style and comfort and safety. Money definitely buys these things. And he'd still get to ride the motorcycle.

Jeez folks, stop tolling the bell...RUSH has at least one good album left..and yes, perhaps more positive!...they'll tour, and then, maybe its over.

We anxiously await your arrival Baby Peart...you are in for quite a ride. smile.gif

Though I have no doubt money would allow them to have a bus with all the amenities, it's hard to imagine that either Neil or Carrie would favor that over being in their own home, caring for their child in the comfort and familiarity of home.

I know that tons of musicians opt for caring for their newborn while on the road but given Neil's preference for avoiding the stresses of touring, it's hard for me to imagine that he'd think it's a great idea to take a baby out on the road.

After going through the experience of caring for a newborn, I would much rather stay home than be on the road. I wouldn't feel comfortable being away from my dearest friends, family, pediatrician, etc. I wouldn't exactly want to be on the constant hunt for the closest store for diapers or formula (if she goes that route). Plus, you kind of operate around the kids schedule, not the other way around. Another thing that easier to tackle being home rather than on the road where I'm sure you're constantly moving around. Could be so stressful on a new mom.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 27 2009, 11:47 PM)
I should say congrats, regardless of my impending disappointment based on the thought of Rush not ever making another album and touring again because of this development.

Very possible. That wouldn't surprise me at all. The guy is having a baby in his mid-50s, and then he's going to spend the next couple years of his life working on an album and tour? Not so sure about that one.

Even if he does come back to the band, I cant see it being anytime even remotely soon. We're probably looking at another 3+ year break for him at the least I would imagine.

QUOTE (Spike @ Jun 28 2009, 10:03 AM)
No wonder why he looked so happy (almost giddy) during the recent drum channel interview!!

One of my co-workers had a baby two years ago when he was 54 and his wife was 43. I'm pretty sure they conceived naturally - and they have a healthy, happy toddler now! This guy has a 38 yr old son, two grandsons (13 & 9), and a 2-yr old. He's a great father. He also just retired this week and is going to be a stay-at-home dad! (But let's hope Neil doesn't do that - or only does it for a couple of years!!!!)

Congrats Neil & Carrie!

I would have been all "ewwww" if my dad and his wife had had a kid. I was, I think, 27 when they married. He was 56 at the time. Granted, my stepmom is only 4 or 5 years younger than he is, so it would have been an interesting feat of reproductive tech, but still.

I'm happy for Neil that things have fallen into place. Obviously he'll never get over losing his daughter, who would have been 30 this year. But it's nice he has a family to share his life with.

On a purely selfish note, I really hope this doesn't turn out to be "the baby who killed Rush".

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 28 2009, 10:26 AM)

goodpost.gif

Seriously! I've been thinking the same thing..now is the BEST time to tour..well, after Baby Peart makes an appearance. Tuck the kid in a bag and go!

Neil could certainly get a bus with ALL the amenities and have Baby Peart and Carrie travel in style and comfort and safety. Money definitely buys these things. And he'd still get to ride the motorcycle.

Jeez folks, stop tolling the bell...RUSH has at least one good album left..and yes, perhaps more positive!...they'll tour, and then, maybe its over.

We anxiously await your arrival Baby Peart...you are in for quite a ride. smile.gif

Though I have no doubt money would allow them to have a bus with all the amenities, it's hard to imagine that either Neil or Carrie would favor that over being in their own home, caring for their child in the comfort and familiarity of home.

I know that tons of musicians opt for caring for their newborn while on the road but given Neil's preference for avoiding the stresses of touring, it's hard for me to imagine that he'd think it's a great idea to take a baby out on the road.

After going through the experience of caring for a newborn, I would much rather stay home than be on the road. I wouldn't feel comfortable being away from my dearest friends, family, pediatrician, etc. I wouldn't exactly want to be on the constant hunt for the closest store for diapers or formula (if she goes that route). Plus, you kind of operate around the kids schedule, not the other way around. Another thing that easier to tackle being home rather than on the road where I'm sure you're constantly moving around. Could be so stressful on a new mom.

I'm not saying Carrie pops out Baby Peart and they hit the road the next day...LOL But Carrie married a rock star...life is not necessarily convenient or quiet.

He wrote that blog in May and or June right? She was 7 months pregnant...that kid comes in the next two months or so. We weren't expecting to see RUSH release anything til late this year or spring next year....Touring? probably not til Fall '10 at the earliest, spring '11 at the latest. We knew this BEFORE we knew she was pregant.

So by then, the kid is nearly two, and Neil has been with them the whole time...sans some recording time, unless the guys agree to come to LA, then...he's with his progeny for two solid years at home, raising Baby Peart with Carrie in blissful harmony. Right? right

Then get a bus and tour the world...or as much as they can stand. RUSH, as we know it, hangs it up after that and Neil can settle in, enroll the kid in school, and be the reclusive author he dreams of being.

All settled people...we're gonna get a kick ass positive vibe album, an upbeat last hurrah tour, and we'll all be better for it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 28 2009, 07:52 AM)

goodpost.gif

I'm not saying Carrie pops out Baby Peart and they hit the road the next day...LOL But Carrie married a rock star...life is not necessarily convenient or quiet.

He wrote that blog in May and or June right? She was 7 months pregnant...that kid comes in the next two months or so. We weren't expecting to see RUSH release anything til late this year or spring next year....Touring? probably not til Fall '10 at the earliest, spring '11 at the latest. We knew this BEFORE we knew she was pregant.

So by then, the kid is nearly two, and Neil has been with them the whole time...sans some recording time, unless the guys agree to come to LA, then...he's with his progeny for two solid years at home, raising Baby Peart with Carrie in blissful harmony. Right? right

Then get a bus and tour the world...or as much as they can stand. RUSH, as we know it, hangs it up after that and Neil can settle in, enroll the kid in school, and be the reclusive author he dreams of being.

All settled people...we're gonna get a kick ass positive vibe album, an upbeat last hurrah tour, and we'll all be better for it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You have thought this through! Good thinking. Yes, timing wise I guess nothing really has changed that much from what they originally said. Would be nice to have another record and tour soon. I hope you guys are right.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 28 2009, 09:52 AM)

goodpost.gif

i definitely don't see them doing a world tour.

the next and possibly last tour will be 1/2 the size of the last tour and probably just a North American tour.

i still see a new Rush album/tour probably not that big of a tour maybe something more like they did back in 2002 US and Canada dates but i say Geddy and Alex knew about Neil going to have another baby since day one, they would have by now would have stated Rush is done, but they haven't. But i do see delaying things little bit.

th1245.gif Yeay!!!! th1245.gif You go, Neil!!!! Many congrats to you and your wife.

Can't wait to see the mini side car edition on Neil's motorcycle...

everybody all together now -"Awwwwwww"

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2009, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Jun 27 2009, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 27 2009, 09:43 AM)
Hmmm. . .I have to offer congratulations, I guess.  I expect to get flamed for it as well (call me antiquated here) but I wonder about a 57 year old dad with a newborn.  I mean, he's sorta pushing the envelope here.

I know, it's an outdated way to think.  (Hits self over head).

This guy was about the same age when he became a dad......

http://jeanettes-celebrity-corner.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/david-letterman417a.jpg

Be more surprised he was able to get it up at that age.

true but we are not waiting for a new album from him................................... laugh.gif

LMAO! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Turn The Page @ Jun 28 2009, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2009, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Jun 27 2009, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 27 2009, 09:43 AM)
Hmmm. . .I have to offer congratulations, I guess.  I expect to get flamed for it as well (call me antiquated here) but I wonder about a 57 year old dad with a newborn.  I mean, he's sorta pushing the envelope here.

I know, it's an outdated way to think.  (Hits self over head).

This guy was about the same age when he became a dad......

http://jeanettes-celebrity-corner.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/david-letterman417a.jpg

Be more surprised he was able to get it up at that age.

true but we are not waiting for a new album from him................................... laugh.gif

LMAO! rofl3.gif

letterman is a boob.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 28 2009, 09:30 AM)
Rush will tour (america & canada) again, im pretty sure. Its really a question of When, not If.

Im not putting my money on that after this news. Great for Neil, not great for Rush as a band.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 28 2009, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 28 2009, 09:30 AM)
Rush will tour (america & canada) again, im pretty sure. Its really a question of When, not If.

Im not putting my money on that after this news. Great for Neil, not great for Rush as a band.

I don't see why not. Neil's first child didn't seem to stop him from touring, though it could be different now that he's older. IMO, Neil's presence as a father is much more important as the child grows than it would be in infancy. At least we've had a few good years of albums and touring if he should decide to cut back.

I'm very happy for Neil and his wife and really always knew he would start another family again, but never thought it would interfere with his career. I certainly hope it doesn't, but understand completely if it does. It'll be a sad, sad day when it's all over. sad.gif

I seriously doubt they're going to stop writing/touring just because Neil's having a child. If anything they'll just put it off for a year or so. They probably won't be doing another 2-year tour or anything, but I can't see them going into retire mode just yet.

When I first heard about this I was very surprised (if not shocked).

After reading Ghost Rider, I am soooo happy for Neil to have the chance to be a father again.

Am I worried about what this means for Rush? Yes, but they've already given us so much...I'm going to try to not be selfish. I just want them to be happy. smile.gif

Archived