The thread where I look at each KISS album

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 30 2009, 12:34 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 30 2009, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 29 2009, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 29 2009, 05:01 PM)
I listened to the clips from Creatures, and it's not particularly inspirng me to get this album.  I do think I Love It Loud is pretty great though.  Obviously I missed the boat on this album at the time as I had given up on Kiss by then.  Listening to those tracks, the sound had really changed without Peter and with minimal input from Ace - it's a bit more metal I guess, like they were going more for a NWOBHM sound at that point.  It's probably just because of the line-up shift. 

It's not bad stuff, and if someone gave me the CD, I'd be happy to have it and would give it an occasional spin, but I wouldn't seek it out on my own.

The first and only time I ever got to see them was for the Lick It Up tour - the music on that album and their subsequent big hits didn't do much for me - they somehow started sounding a bit more ordinary or something.  I miss their sound with Peter and Ace. I generally prefer their 70's sound.

They came out in the 80s goobs of course you're not gonna like em...

eyesre4.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

doh.gif

I loved Rush in the 80's... confused13.gif

With Rush you sort of forgot it was the 80s...till 1987 when you "came to your senses"

laugh.gif

I loved HYF, it was 1989 when I came to my senses. wink.gif

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the album that when i first heard the intro to C O T N i was like 653.gif . i was not "mad' at them anymore biggrin.gif . this is what KISS call the "drum album' and you can see why. ERIC kick's ass on this album. some say the drums were to loud, not me[im a drummer] DANGER, WAR MACHINE, C O T N , LOVE IT LOUD and ROCK AND ROLL HELL are what i would crank the shit out of and still do. i also really like I STILL LOVE YOU. great album but prob the last great one that they did imo . i did get a little nervous when i looked at the back of the album and saw gloved one. it was also very sad to hear that ace only did the rhythm on COTN [the song] and not the rest of the album

1022.gif

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 30 2009, 12:00 PM)
this is the album that when i first heard the intro to C O T N i was like 653.gif . i was not "mad' at them anymore biggrin.gif . this is what KISS call the "drum album' and you can see why. ERIC kick's ass on this album. some say the drums were to loud, not me[im a drummer] DANGER, WAR MACHINE, C O T N , LOVE IT LOUD and ROCK AND ROLL HELL are what i would crank the shit out of and still do. i also really like I STILL LOVE YOU. great album but prob the last great one that they did imo . i did get a little nervous when i looked at the back of the album and saw gloved one. it was also very sad to hear that ace only did the rhythm on COTN [the song] and not the rest of the album
1022.gif

I'm not even sure he did that much. But it's so convoluted now...LOL.

Yeah, I was relieved it was not THE Michael Jackson but another... tongue.gif In '82 I'm thinking, why is Michael Jackson producing Kiss??

These are the shots I was referring to. I fecking LOVE that shot of Gene near the middle...spitting blood. Wic-head...! Scared me as a kid. LOL!

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF4jUf5JM90AUdyjzbkF/SIG=12cc54gft/EXP=1241490083/**http%3A//www.kissfaq.com/albumcovers/alive/alive_page4.jpg

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 3 2009, 10:25 PM)
These are the shots I was referring to. I fecking LOVE that shot of Gene near the middle...spitting blood. Wic-head...! Scared me as a kid. LOL!

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF4jUf5JM90AUdyjzbkF/SIG=12cc54gft/EXP=1241490083/**http%3A//www.kissfaq.com/albumcovers/alive/alive_page4.jpg

yeah that was pretty scary! laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 3 2009, 09:34 PM)
This was the image of Gene that scared the crap out of me...

http://www.kissfaq.com/albumcovers/cover_alive2_large_rear.jpg

Damn the internet is cool....

YEAH, that's an incredible shot of Gene. God, he used to be so cool. Now he's the biggest wanker jerk-off on the planet. But at one point he was just damn cool. Kiss being silly to some or not, that's hardly a dorky picture of him....

(Slipknot wishes they were cool). tongue.gif wink.gif

Although it is sort of funny...Gene has an underbite like my Shih Tzu in that shot. tongue.gif My dog makes that same face, sans blood.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs009.snc1/2877_1022675780369_1629469039_70794_3851568_n.jpg

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 3 2009, 09:38 PM)
Although it is sort of funny...Gene has an underbite like my Shih Tzu in that shot. tongue.gif My dog makes that same face, sans blood.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs009.snc1/2877_1022675780369_1629469039_70794_3851568_n.jpg

laugh.gif

niiiice little pooch..

i gotta tell yah man, these reviews you do are very cool and entertaining

i was horrified when i saw KISS back in like 1980..i love everything up to and including Creatures

Yeah, Parasite was skull-rattling on this one, wasn't it? And I thought the 1975 picture of Beavis and Butthead on the back was funny.

one of the greatest live albums EVER imo. lets face it, no one does a "live' album. it is all fixed at some point so enjoy it for what it is .KISS kicking f-n ass here. HOTTER THAN HELL and PARASITE are a metalheads dream here. 100,000 YEARS is still one of the best drum solo's ever put down . sadly after this tour the drug's and drink really got to PETER and his skill's were going away fast. i swear i can smell the cool10.gif when i listen to this . this was the start of it all really for them

1022.gif

uuuugggghhhhh. just like PETERS , are real big disappointment . i really thought after all the great songs he wrote his solo stuff would be the same. nope. i remember reading that he got CHEAP TRICK[who i love also] to play on it. really unlistenable to me . he tried to get the f-n BEATLES back together for his album laugh.gif , that alone shows you the ego of this man. 0 out of 10. just like catman's album

1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 6 2009, 01:40 PM)
uuuugggghhhhh. just like PETERS , are real big disappointment . i really thought after all the great songs he wrote his solo stuff would be the same. nope. i remember reading that he got CHEAP TRICK[who i love also] to play on it. really unlistenable to me . he tried to get the f-n BEATLES back together for his album  laugh.gif , that alone shows you the ego of this man. 0 out of 10. just like catman's album
1022.gif

While I give each something higher than a zero, I agree about the relativity of and disappointment surrounding each. trink39.gif

Peter's wasn't a huge surprise. For one his roots aren't in hard rock, so his direction was guarenteed to turn off Kiss fans....two he's not much of songwriter (as Stan Penridge actually wrote most of what Peter's co-credited with). Peter's voice was his saving grace. Gene had fewer excuses, being the main co-writer in Kiss with a strongsuit in that department...generally. He simply let discipline fly right the feck out the window. His really could've been something, instead of what it became, which was a notch above nothing.

Edited by Presto-digitation