Rush / Genesis intros shock

Steevo

Geeky observation time...I know this is prob old news around these parts but what the hell, tough cheddar!! tongue.gif Check out those two intros for a striking similarity if you havent already. WOW!! ohmy.gif

Here's the Genesis track.

I was all about to say no.gif just now, but I just listened to both intros from my iTunes... I can't believe I never noticed that before.. ohmy.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushdownunder @ Jan 4 2009, 06:05 AM)
They're a little similar in terms of tone and execution, but that's about it. I wouldn't say that they have a 'striking similarity'.

I agree 100%.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Jan 4 2009, 02:45 PM)
Well "Kid Gloves" rules and "Follow You follow me" sucks. two very different intros/songs

yes.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 4 2009, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Jan 4 2009, 02:45 PM)
Well "Kid Gloves" rules and "Follow You follow me" sucks. two very different intros/songs

yes.gif

haha.........yep!

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 5 2009, 09:17 AM)
ohmy.gif
I love Follow You Follow Me! One of my fave Genesis songs wub.gif

Mine too Jaye, incredible track, usually I cant stand them (but that wasnt the point). Geeez there's some negative shit flying around this board ohmy.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 4 2009, 03:36 PM)
ohmy.gif

Mine too Jaye, incredible track, usually I cant stand them (but that wasnt the point). Geeez there's some negative shit flying around this board ohmy.gif wtf.gif

nah bro, just what we like thats all.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 4 2009, 02:36 PM)
ohmy.gif

negative shit? some of us don't like that song.........that's it.........don't panic.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jan 4 2009, 01:08 PM)
ohmy.gif

negative shit? some of us don't like that song.........that's it.........don't panic.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 5 2009, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jan 4 2009, 01:08 PM)
ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not, it's not that, people here are missing the point. I dont care how liked/unliked FYFM is. Both these songs merely have a very similar feel in their intros for a few seconds, which I thought would've been obvious to just about anyone doh.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 4 2009, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 4 2009, 12:17 PM)
ohmy.gif

One of my favorite songs too.

Don't know if I consider it one of their best ever but it's easily the best song on ...And Then There Were Three...

Really? What about Burning Rope? Deep In The Motherlode? Down and Out? Undertow? So many great tracks...

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 4 2009, 05:48 PM)
ohmy.gif

Don't know if I consider it one of their best ever but it's easily the best song on ...And Then There Were Three...

Really? What about Burning Rope? Deep In The Motherlode? Down and Out? Undertow? So many great tracks...

It's my favorite off ...And Then There Were Three... although all the tracks you mentioned are great. I really love Burning Rope and Lady Lies though.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 5 2009, 01:51 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 4 2009, 05:48 PM)
ohmy.gif

It's my favorite off ...And Then There Were Three... although all the tracks you mentioned are great. I really love Burning Rope and Lady Lies though.

Don't forget Scenes From A Night's Dream biggrin.gif

They're a little similar in terms of tone and execution, but that's about it. I wouldn't say that they have a 'striking similarity'.

Yeah, the only similarity is the guitar tone (which isn't uncommon) and the muted picking technique (also quite common). You'll have to say that song and 64,000 other songs are all "shockingly similar" to be accurate. Had the Genesis song used the same odd time signature as kid gloves (5/8) you might have a point, but it's in 4/4.

huh.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jan 4 2009, 09:23 PM)

Yeah, the only similarity is the guitar tone (which isn't uncommon) and the muted picking technique (also quite common). You'll have to say that song and 64,000 other songs are all "shockingly similar" to be accurate. Had the Genesis song used the same odd time signature as kid gloves (5/8) you might have a point, but it's in 4/4.

huh.gif

Exactly!

Archived