I lost my holiday spirit

Riv

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew I would catch some heat from the bleeding hearts, but I have nothing to say about it. I treat my animals very well, actually a lot better than I treat most humans. To say they have it good is an understatement.

I left the cat at the park an hour from my house and last I saw of her she was being followed around by some kids and their mother. I gave the cat a fighting chance, she is used to being outside and fending for herself, and there are suburbs there. My wife would not let me take it to a shelter because she couldn't stand the thought of it being euthanized. I did not know that no kill shelters existed....

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Dec 24 2008, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 24 2008, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 24 2008, 10:58 AM)
Does this mean you won't be posting a pic of your new friend in the Pets thread?  tongue.gif

The first pic of a dead pet. ohmy.gif

z7shysterical.gif

ohmy.gif unsure.gif

rofl3.gif OMG!

Good to see ya back Riv smile.gif

Guess you never figured a little pussy would cause so much trouble cat.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 24 2008, 04:35 PM)
I knew I would catch some heat from the bleeding hearts, but I have nothing to say about it. I treat my animals very well, actually a lot better than I treat most humans. To say they have it good is an understatement.

I left the cat at the park an hour from my house and last I saw of her she was being followed around by some kids and their mother. I gave the cat a fighting chance, she is used to being outside and fending for herself, and there are suburbs there. My wife would not let me take it to a shelter because she couldn't stand the thought of it being euthanized. I did not know that no kill shelters existed....

Now I need to figure out what to tell my wife or I fear my Dane will be gone when I get back from deployment. She hates my dog!

Tell your wife:

RR's cat died and his kids were really upset. He had mentioned that he was going to get them a cat for Christmas and I thought we could do something nice at Christmas and help RR out. I met him at the NC / TN border and I gave the cat to him. He was very grateful and will take good care of the cat. You can even have her call me to verify your story. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 24 2008, 04:38 PM)
Ahhh... don't worry about the cat.gif bleeding hearts. z7shysterical.gif

You did the best thing in the situation. No kill shelters are hard to find. Not many of them around.

Hey, I resent being called a bleeding heart! angry.gif Some people won't understand why you don't welcome the kitty into your family, hire a professional animal trainer to assimilate it into the household, let it sleep on your pillow, eat off of the dining room table. . .now that's a bleeding heart.

You and your wife have more of a responsibility to the cat and dog you already have, IMO. And we do have a fair number of no-kill shelters and adoption/foster agencies in metro Atlanta (but of course they are all overcrowded). I just think it's kinder to have the cat humanely put to sleep than to have it get crushed under a semi or ripped apart by a stray dog.

In no way did I mean to insinuate that I think your a bad person for not wanting the cat around. (Hey, I'm the one who's having the tree in the front yard cut down because, among other reasons, I am sick of the driveway being slick with birdshit).

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 24 2008, 05:54 PM)
Ahhh... don't worry about the cat.gif bleeding hearts.  z7shysterical.gif 

You did the best thing in the situation.  No kill shelters are hard to find.  Not many of them around.

Hey, I resent being called a bleeding heart! angry.gif Some people won't understand why you don't welcome the kitty into your family, hire a professional animal trainer to assimilate it into the household, let it sleep on your pillow, eat off of the dining room table. . .now that's a bleeding heart.

You and your wife have more of a responsibility to the cat and dog you already have, IMO. And we do have a fair number of no-kill shelters and adoption/foster agencies in metro Atlanta (but of course they are all overcrowded). I just think it's kinder to have the cat humanely put to sleep than to have it get crushed under a semi or ripped apart by a stray dog.

In no way did I mean to insinuate that I think your a bad person for not wanting the cat around. (Hey, I'm the one who's having the tree in the front yard cut down because, among other reasons, I am sick of the driveway being slick with birdshit).

Mara... I just wanted to use the cat.gif gif, and that gave me perfect opportunity. I couldn't pass it up.

Don't be angry.gif It just fit the thread, y'know? biggrin.gif

You did the best thing in the situation.  No kill shelters are hard to find.  Not many of them around.

I wasn't referring to you, Mara.

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 24 2008, 05:41 PM)
And if that cat makes it back to my house I swear to whatever space god out there that it will live to be 30 years old!

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/NecroBolt/2323882361_24664bf8bc.jpg

"RIV... this is PUSSINITIS, the space god of all felines. Do NOT cat.gif out on your word. When that cat comes back... you must welcome it into your home with open arms and give up your bed for all ETERNITY!!!"

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 24 2008, 06:04 PM)
And if that cat makes it back to my house I swear to whatever space god out there that it will live to be 30 years old!

"RIV... this is PUSSINITIS, the space god of all felines. Do NOT cat.gif out on your word. When that cat comes back... you must welcome it into your home with open arms and give up your bed for all ETERNITY!!!"

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 24 2008, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 24 2008, 04:35 PM)
I knew I would catch some heat from the bleeding hearts, but I have nothing to say about it. I treat my animals very well, actually a lot better than I treat most humans. To say they  have it good is an understatement.

Now I need to figure out what to tell my wife or I fear my Dane will be gone when I get back from deployment. She hates my dog!

Tell your wife:

RR's cat died and his kids were really upset. He had mentioned that he was going to get them a cat for Christmas and I thought we could do something nice at Christmas and help RR out. I met him at the NC / TN border and I gave the cat to him. He was very grateful and will take good care of the cat. You can even have her call me to verify your story. laugh.gif

She will never buy it, dude. No way she would believe I drove to the TN border for that thing. Now, if I tell her I sent it UPS she may go for it.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 24 2008, 04:59 PM)

Mara... I just wanted to use the cat.gif gif, and that gave me perfect opportunity. I couldn't pass it up.

Okay! And the angry.gif wasn't meant in real anger. Merry Christmas to you, CeeJ, and the Necro-lets.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 24 2008, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 24 2008, 04:59 PM)

Okay! And the angry.gif wasn't meant in real anger. Merry Christmas to you, CeeJ, and the Necro-lets.

Merries right back atcha'. trink39.gif

Im the biggest cat lova out there, have 2 of my own

& they like my kids! ..but a stray to take a shit

on ur mattress?!? nooo wayy that cats outta here! 1287.gif

Mind u.. id prolly keep feedin it but never let it inside again.

I made a lil cat bed for a stray i didnt want in my house

I took one of those storage boxes from rubbermaid & had a hole cut

in the side of it so it had a roof over its head & a place to get

outta the weather. lol i even put one of those hunting cusions in it

the ones when u sit on em they heat up? like for footballgames an such lol

So it kept it warm. but like i said..im a cat lover lol I dont expect u to do

all that

& as Sunny said!

GREAT To see u here Riv! I missed ur crazy ass hug2.gif

Have a great holiday hun hug2.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Dec 24 2008, 07:37 PM)
on ur mattress?!? nooo wayy that cats outta here! 1287.gif

all that

& as Sunny said!
GREAT To see u here Riv! I missed ur crazy ass hug2.gif
Have a great holiday hun hug2.gif

You know what, Donna? I should have just let it stay outside. But I know my wife wouldn't have it during the winter and that is one argument I am not going to win.

Nice to see you, too! Where the hell are my Drakes Cakes?

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 24 2008, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 24 2008, 06:04 PM)

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Pussinitis doesn't sound like anything you would WANT to CATch.

Ahhh, I kill me! z7shysterical.gif Great to see you back Riv! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 24 2008, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Dec 24 2008, 07:37 PM)
on ur mattress?!? nooo wayy that cats outta here!  1287.gif

all that

& as Sunny said!
GREAT To see u here Riv! I missed ur crazy ass  hug2.gif
Have a great holiday hun  hug2.gif

You know what, Donna? I should have just let it stay outside. But I know my wife wouldn't have it during the winter and that is one argument I am not going to win.

Nice to see you, too! Where the hell are my Drakes Cakes?

Well maybe U should do that lil thing that i did with the Rubbermaid storeage box!

that way the cats outta ur house & Ur wife wont have to worry bout it in the weather.

U both will be kinda sorta happy LoL

that way u2 both compromise wink.gif

& Not for nothin? but U shouldnt bring in a stray with No shots Or Vet visit

when u have house cats already

WTF knows what itll give to ur other cat.

arent u in the states now??

U Still cant find those drakes cakes??

send me ur addy & ill be sure u get em wink.gif

LoL wheres My Feta?? tongue.gif

Mayyybe Santa Will take it back to the north Pole with him to live with the elves? confused13.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/cartoons%20and%20fun/image017.jpg

Archived