A big muchos gracias to those over at CP

The Owl

Thanks to the counterparts message board for letting those who went over there to crash while our house was being fumeagated...

Gracias!!!!!!!!!!

We will return the favor should the situation call for it.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 22 2008, 02:21 AM)
Thanks to the counterparts message board for letting those who went over there to crash while our house was being fumeagated...

Gracias!!!!!!!!!!

We will return the favor should the situation call for it.

You know that we have already extended hospitality to CP when their board went down in 2006. I don't remember the exact amount of time but it was considerably longer than 3 days.

Some of our coolest members are CP transplants.

Thanks RR for getting us up and running sooner then later ! trink39.gif

I hope the people who did go to CP, tortured them good ! firedevil.gif

wink.gif atickhum.gif

Yes, it's good to know our two nations can work together in times of crisis.

Ken and Julie were most gracious hosts, as were most of the CPeeps. I only really encountered one member who was irritated that we were using chat. And we were invited to join in on their Sunday night chat party, which I just might do!

It's a different environment over there, for sure, but not bad at all. Just different. And I know some of us got big kicks out of the lack of censorship!

Having 2 forums is a good thing. yes.gif

Good to have some extra peeps around the traps. smile.gif Indeed, I may meander over here more often from here on.

Glad to see TRF back up and running, eh? biggrin.gif I know a few stray CPeeps were somewhat less than welcoming, but I wouldn't panic about it overmuch. Methinks you'd always be welcome in the event of further problems.

trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (wanderingpixie2112 @ Nov 22 2008, 11:05 PM)
Good to have some extra peeps around the traps. smile.gif Indeed, I may meander over here more often from here on.

Glad to see TRF back up and running, eh? biggrin.gif I know a few stray CPeeps were somewhat less than welcoming, but I wouldn't panic about it overmuch. Methinks you'd always be welcome in the event of further problems.

trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Most of the CPeeps are welcome here anytime. But what's the deal with the "inthenameofDT" guy? Not that I'm at all worried about him coming over here, but geez, he's been hostile from his first post to TRF people.

I posted a "thanks" along with a very tongue-in-cheek remark about leaving the potty mouth at home when you come to visit here. It was laced with profanity in quotes, and I thought the irony was pretty obvious.

I got a bad-tempered, snarling reply from the DT tool in response.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 22 2008, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (wanderingpixie2112 @ Nov 22 2008, 11:05 PM)

trink39.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Most of the CPeeps are welcome here anytime. But what's the deal with the "inthenameofDT" guy? Not that I'm at all worried about him coming over here, but geez, he's been hostile from his first post to TRF people.

I posted a "thanks" along with a very tongue-in-cheek remark about leaving the potty mouth at home when you come to visit here. It was laced with profanity in quotes, and I thought the irony was pretty obvious.

I got a bad-tempered, snarling reply from the DT tool in response.

Sorry, Marathonist, can't help you out with that one. I don't have a clue either.

Indeed, I've often wondered about the genesis of this apparent enmity between TRF and CP. I'm sure there's a story there, but as I see it - at the end of the day, we're all Rush fans, eh? trink39.gif

Just a heads-up regarding the chat function on CP - apparently, yes, it does slow the board down for some reason. It has been a bugbear for CP for some time and there has been talk from time to time about finding an alternative that doesn't affect the board. Not sure what's happening there - maybe ask one of the admins?

QUOTE (wanderingpixie2112 @ Nov 23 2008, 12:03 AM)
Indeed, I've often wondered about the genesis of this apparent enmity between TRF and CP. I'm sure there's a story there, but as I see it - at the end of the day, we're all Rush fans, eh? trink39.gif

I don't think there's a rift between the two boards at all.

My theory is, what makes it seem that way is the widely disparate styles we both have. We're the "nice family board" that filters out the bad curse words, and they're the "biker bar" (their description of themselves) that filters nothing. Each board has their small handful of super-loyal members who think visitors from another board are unwelcome intruders, and those loyalists feel the need to defend their home turf. And it's that behavior that gets noticed the most, and since our styles are so different, that behavior seems more drastic than it really is. Meanwhile, the vast majority from the home board welcome the visitors with a smile and a drink in their hand. That was certainly the case this time, and it was the case when the CPers hung out here two years ago.

I'm sure some members also feel a sense of competition. "Our board is better, blah blah." Really, TRF and CP are so different, competition shouldn't even enter into it. Different strokes, and all that stuff...

IMO, really not a big deal.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 23 2008, 01:27 AM)

My theory is, what makes it seem that way is the widely disparate styles we both have. We're the "nice family board" that filters out the bad curse words, and they're the "biker bar" (their description of themselves) that filters nothing. Each board has their small handful of super-loyal members who think visitors from another board are unwelcome intruders, and those loyalists feel the need to defend their home turf. And it's that behavior that gets noticed the most, and since our styles are so different, that behavior seems more drastic than it really is. Meanwhile, the vast majority from the home board welcome the visitors with a smile and a drink in their hand. That was certainly the case this time, and it was the case when the CPers hung out here two years ago.

I'm sure some members also feel a sense of competition. "Our board is better, blah blah." Really, TRF and CP are so different, competition shouldn't even enter into it. Different strokes, and all that stuff...

I am proud to say, I am an extreme loyalist ! 1287.gif 1022.gif

But then again, I didn't need to tell you that 1001, did I ? atickhum.gif music.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 23 2008, 12:51 PM)

But then again, I didn't need to tell you that 1001, did I ? atickhum.gif music.gif wink.gif

I seem to recall you got some pretty rough treatment over there...

What happened?

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 23 2008, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 23 2008, 12:51 PM)

I seem to recall you got some pretty rough treatment over there...

What happened?

You hollered at me, and I left. sad.gif

wink.gif

I just hated the level of nasty on that board. Its pretty much that simple. Obviously there some good people there, but the "biker bar" tag pretty much sums it up nicely. trink38.gif

I wouldn't say, I really had a problem, cause, I'm a big boy, and I defend myself quite nicely. I just got tired of doing so atickhum.gif

You know, TRF is a great place. I can surf the site with my son and feel pretty confident I won't come across something offensive or inappropriate. It's great that SOCN is pretty much a separate board. Obviously, I don't feel that way with CP. With that said, I don't mind CP, at all. In fact, I visit there more than I did before, but TRF is my Rush forum home! I love it here!

Yeah, there is no "rift" between CP and TRF. The only rift that I'm familiar with was the one between CP and TriNet. In simplest terms, TriNet was considered to be a dictatorship by one particular admin who banished members if they happened to disagree with him, i.e..."I don't like that Rush song". BAM! You're history.

CP was a spinoff community created by Ken and Julie and they took with them some of the recent exiles from Trinet with them. Then came threats of lawsuits. wacko.gif

That's principally why CP is freer in terms of what you can say and get away with. Members there had gotten burned by TriNet, so having a community where you can speak your mind without worrying about banishment was a welcome thing.

However, that also means that just about anyone with any attitude is offered those same liberties. And for awhile I was fine with it and understood the rationale behind it. But there remains a lot of bitterness on the shoulders of some and it's plainly obvious. Speaking for myself, I got tired of it and TRF became the place for me.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 22 2008, 10:18 AM)
Yes, it's good to know our two nations can work together in times of crisis.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 24 2008, 12:14 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Arleen2112, Gompers

bekloppt.gif

bekloppt.gif

Archived