New Star Trek Trailer!

ReRushed

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Nov 26 2008, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 26 2008, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 26 2008, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 26 2008, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 26 2008, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 25 2008, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 25 2008, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 16 2008, 02:04 AM)
The trailer makes me worried, honestly. They are marketing it like an action flick and I just do not understand the Stingray opening. When I first saw the trailer, I thought since it was bootleg that the opening scene must be of a commercial for a different movie, until the kid says his name. Oh boy.

I agree with you on this. It doesn't seem 'retro' enough for me. Looks more like an action movie than a sci fi. I am going to remain optimistic, but the trailer disappoints me a little - too sleak and marketed. And what's up with the action-jackson music?

I agree with you on all points. It does look too sleek and too action oriented, but like you I'm trying to stay positive and Nimoy's appearance at the end of that most recent trailer really helps.

But however the movie ends up turning out, I will be happy because it seems to have even already peaked some peoples interest in Star Trek (The Original Series in particular) that wouldnt have paid it any attention otherwise.

Agreed!

After this discussion, I looked on the internet and found that CBS is streaming all of the original episodes for free. Maybe somebody has posted this, but it was new info to me.

http://www.cbs.com/classics/star_trek/

I don't know if anyone else has posted it either, but that's great either way. A friend of mine has been watching the series that way, I have the DVDs though so I don't need it.

Youtube also has a few full-length episodes they put up to test a new format.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=20048A7C541C941C

Are these the digitally "remastered" episodes?

Some of them are the remastered. The Carbomite Maneuver and Where No Man Has Gone Before is for sure. Haven't checked to see if there are others.

Most of them aren't, but a few remastered versions are online.

Yay, a thread about Star Trek!

Yay indeed haha! Still loving your avatar btw wub.gif

I'm going in a few weeks to a symphony event that Nimoy will be narrating (in person), I'm dragging my poor husband with me- I cannot wait. biggrin.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man, I really like the new 16:9 format of the YouTube Trek videos. Good clarity. I'm watching The City on the Edge of Forever right now, for the 1000th time. tongue.gif Edith Keeler must die, before the Germans develope the A Bomb first! laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNQMIjjWgQ...41C941C&index=4

I'm looking forward to this one. I don't expect it to be just like TOS, that's not possible. I think a "re-imagining" every couple of decades is a healthy thing. It keeps the idea (and the franchise) going.

I'm a long time Trekkie, and I've enjoyed every new change and turn the subsequent series have taken (except for Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, the only Trek movie I've ever been truly disappointed with). I can say the same thing about 2.gif ...The difference being that while Rush can not continue forever, Star Trek can, in one incarnation or another. I think Star Trek will break the "even/odd" rule! Live long and prosper. trink39.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

This is from Leonard Nimoy via trekweb:

"About two months ago my wife,Susan, and I saw a near finished version of the new Star Trek movie. Some special effects and new score were not yet in place. Susan can be a very honest and tough critic. When it was clear that the story was wrapping up she turned to me and whispered, " I don't want this movie to end !!" There are some directors who can manage a grand scale and some who can deliver great personal character elements. Not many can do both. JJ Abrams is one of the few. He has given us a wonderful film."

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 4 2008, 07:24 PM)
This is from Leonard Nimoy via trekweb:

"About two months ago my wife,Susan, and I saw a near finished version of the new Star Trek movie. Some special effects and new score were not yet in place. Susan can be a very honest and tough critic. When it was clear that the story was wrapping up she turned to me and whispered, " I don't want this movie to end !!" There are some directors who can manage a grand scale and some who can deliver great personal character elements. Not many can do both. JJ Abrams is one of the few. He has given us a wonderful film."

Well thats good, I feel a little better now. I trust Nimoy's judgment.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 18 2008, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 17 2008, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 17 2008, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 17 2008, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 17 2008, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 17 2008, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 17 2008, 01:30 PM)
The official trailer is up now. I think it looks great!

Star Trek Trailer

You beat me to it!

I like what I see!

The Visuals are impressive, but it doesn't seem like Star Trek at all, it's like a new Sci fi universe altogether. I'd watch it but probably with that mindset, I'll be watching something totally new.

It doesn't seem unlike the tone of Enterprise.

It's nothing like the original series which it's supposed to be based on...

obviously this is a re-imagining of TOS and I'm cautiously approaching it with an open mind.

Like I said it looks like a totally new sci fi universe...

Look at James Bond. He still kicks ass even after some bad ones in there. The franchise might need something like this

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Nov 28 2008, 09:34 PM)
I'm looking forward to this one. I don't expect it to be just like TOS, that's not possible. I think a "re-imagining" every couple of decades is a healthy thing. It keeps the idea (and the franchise) going.
I'm a long time Trekkie, and I've enjoyed every new change and turn the subsequent series have taken (except for Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, the only Trek movie I've ever been truly disappointed with). I can say the same thing about 2.gif ...The difference being that while Rush can not continue forever, Star Trek can, in one incarnation or another. I think Star Trek will break the "even/odd" rule! Live long and prosper. trink39.gif

Part V has its moments with the comedy though. That's the one redeeming aspect about it.

Man that *totally* smacks of Red Barchetta. Maybe for the actual film they'll license that from Rush and use it in that sequence... laugh.gif

Movie looks interesting... what is bothering me the most is Kirk seems totally wrong, and looks like he wants to kiss Spock half the time. Maybe this new film will break ground just like the series did with first interracial kiss, except this time will be Spock and "Kirky" locking lips.

You thought the Vulcan mind meld was freaky, wait til you see the tonsil meld...

Ewwwwwww.

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 5 2008, 12:00 PM)
Man that *totally* smacks of Red Barchetta.  Maybe for the actual film they'll license that from Rush and use it in that sequence...  laugh.gif

Movie looks interesting... what is bothering me the most is Kirk seems totally wrong, and looks like he wants to kiss Spock half the time.  Maybe this new film will break ground just like the series did with first interracial kiss, except this time will be Spock and "Kirky" locking lips.

You thought the Vulcan mind meld was freaky, wait til you see the tonsil meld...

Ewwwwwww.

Oh wow hahaha. You are aware of the whole K/S subculture within Star Treks female fanbase, yes? Thats all I'm going to say. bolt.gif

Edited by VampireBiscuits

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Dec 5 2008, 03:50 PM)
Man that *totally* smacks of Red Barchetta.  Maybe for the actual film they'll license that from Rush and use it in that sequence...  laugh.gif

Movie looks interesting... what is bothering me the most is Kirk seems totally wrong, and looks like he wants to kiss Spock half the time.  Maybe this new film will break ground just like the series did with first interracial kiss, except this time will be Spock and "Kirky" locking lips.

Ewwwwwww.

Oh wow hahaha. You are aware of the whole K/S subculture within Star Treks female fanbase, yes? Thats all I'm going to say. bolt.gif

Haha! I wasn't aware but I guess it shouldn't surprise me!

Me? I guess if Troi and Uhura were in the same series I'd probably fantasize about *that* so who am I to judge?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 5 2008, 12:58 PM)

Ewwwwwww.

Me? I guess if Troi and Uhura were in the same series I'd probably fantasize about *that* so who am I to judge?

laugh.gif

Thats the most gracious reaction I think I've ever heard! Nice to see someone out there gets why women might like it/isnt offended by it. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 6 2008, 04:58 AM)

Ewwwwwww.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Uhura and Voyager's 7 of 9 would be something special laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 5 2008, 06:07 PM)

Ewwwwwww.

laugh.gif

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/TPol.jpg

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 5 2008, 06:12 PM)

Ewwwwwww.

laugh.gif

That man has boobs! 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 12 2008, 03:53 PM)

Ewwwwwww.

laugh.gif

doh.gif

It's a man, baby! ...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 12 2008, 01:38 PM)
Here's something interesting for all you Star Trek fans who are concerned about continuity and canon:

LINK: SPOILERS http://trekmovie.com/2008/12/11/bob-orci-e...d-real-science/ SPOILERS

Aww I would love to check that out and get some reassurance but I dont want any spoilers. doh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 12 2008, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 12 2008, 03:53 PM)

Ewwwwwww.

laugh.gif

doh.gif

It's a man, baby! ...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/TPol2.jpg

Sorry, she still has man-face.