How About A First Date?

Maestro

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I've just called the venue (Keller Auditorium, Portland) to confirm this date; and this is what I was told: "The contract for this event is on the desk, but hasn't been firmed up yet. Sometimes things get out on the net before they're supposed to." smile.gif

Damn, I'm good! wink.gif

OMG! I can't believe this. This is awesome news. AWESOME!! Fingers crossed that a Seattle date pops up. Kittengirl is flying out here to hit at least three shows with me and we're scoring ourselves front row for all (or close to it at least). I can't believe I get to see Rush so soon again. This is the best news. This totally made my day.

Rush are going to tour for the third time in as many years?

Has there been an official release anywhere confirming a full-fledged tour? unsure.gif

I just checked RIAB as ed usually has his finger on the pulse of Rush news, but nothing there yet.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Oct 20 2008, 12:51 PM)
One gig...?

One gig and only one ticket for sale at this time... ...here's the deal:

I went to The Offical Rush Site: No Announcement.

So, I phoned GoTickets and spoke with a representative who told me the ticket seemed legitimate to him. He spoke with his manager, came back on the phone, and said: 'My boss can neither confirm nor deny the tour. Please hold." He then called Kelly Auditorium himself and was given the same information they'd given me: 'The contract is in negotiation.'

So, he says: "I'm going to phone the ticket holder; perhaps they know something we don't. This is really strange. Do you mind hanging on?"

Ten minutes later, he comes back and tells me there's been a buzz about Rush going back out on the road for a '09 Tour in all the ticket outlets around the country -including his office; but, this one ticket is all that there is; and, the ticket-holder is tight-lipped about it's origin.

So, here's my take on it thus far:

It would be fine with me if Rush were willing to rent an auditorium and play to an audience of one -and take all of their expenses out of the $50.00 ticket...

I'd definately go. 1022.gif wink.gif

But, somehow, it just doesn't seem very likely to me... ...doh.gif smile.gif

I deeply regret and apologize [for] having started this thread; it's definately not my style to contribute to a rumour -or even worst: a scam...

Someone trying to score a quick fifty-bucks(?) I really don't know... confused13.gif (If I were at GoTickets, I'd be just a bit upset with the responsible party! yes.gif )

But, what bothers me most is that I may've been inadvertantly responsible for lifting other RF Members' hopes only to have dashed them... banghead.gif

I should have placed those calls and confirmed the tour before posting the link; but in my enthusiastic haste, I'd gotten ahead of myself...

I bit into it like a big, stupid mackeral! smash.gif

I hope you will forgive me; but, I cannot confirm this date; however, it is not for a lack of having tried.

Again: My sincerest apologies. sad.gif

My original source: Reference The 3rd Listing

III.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Oct 20 2008, 03:09 PM)
I just checked RIAB as ed usually has his finger on the pulse of Rush news, but nothing there yet.

Perhaps he's workin on it...

GAH!

Well, it's a wait and see, I suppose. b_sigh.gif

And don't beat yourself up, Maestro. I'd have done the same thing.

QUOTE (Maestro @ Oct 20 2008, 01:24 PM)
I deeply regret and apologize [for] having started this thread; it's definately not my style to contribute to a rumour -or even worst: a scam...

Someone trying to score a quick fifty(?) I really don't know...

But, what bothers me most is that I may've been inadvertantly responsible for lifting other RF Members' hopes only to have dashed them. I should have placed those calls and confirmed the tour before posting the link; but in my enthusiastic haste, I'd gotten ahead of myself...

I hope you will forgive me; but, I cannot confirm this date; however, it is not for a lack of having tried.

Again: My sincerest apologies. sad.gif

Hey, no worries. It's obvious that a lot of people are extremely interested in Rush right now and want to see them tour and soon. The guys themselves may want to hit the road ASAP. Maybe this is a scam, maybe not. Maybe it's just a huge dose of misinformation, maybe not.

I'm kind of hoping it is not a real date. I can't do Rush dates mid to late April and I want to see them again so badly.

And hey, if it does turn out that there's a "contract in negotiation", that would NOT be a bad thing atall!

Selfishly, I do not want it to be a small venue tour, for the simple fact that I KNOW my unlucky ass will not be able to score a ticket if there are only 3000 out there!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2008, 03:00 PM)
OMG! I can't believe this. This is awesome news. AWESOME!! Fingers crossed that a Seattle date pops up. Kittengirl is flying out here to hit at least three shows with me and we're scoring ourselves front row for all (or close to it at least). I can't believe I get to see Rush so soon again. This is the best news. This totally made my day.

JANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

KG

QUOTE (kittengirl2112 @ Oct 20 2008, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2008, 03:00 PM)

JANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

KG

I know. I KNOW!!! I'm so excited! More excited this time around because I already know what I'm in for and how amazingly awesome a Rush show is. The Seattle show last year was my first one - EVER. I had no idea it was going to be the best show I've ever seen in my life. So the fact that I'm getting to see them again, multiple times and with another fan and a girl (went with a guy friend last year, so not the same) is making me excited and happy and thrilled beyond anything. smile.gif

There will be no tour in 2009 unless they officially announce and promote it as their "farewell" tour. Only then would another tour without a new album be justified. The "S&A tour" has been milked dry. I'm sure they're all ready for a year off in any case...

Archived