How About A First Date?

Maestro

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 21 2008, 09:52 AM)
Attn Peeps: Anyone who believes that Rush is going to get the entire crew lined up, rehearsed, get all the equipment procured, etc. and then do a one-off show in a 3,000 seat arena in Oregon is not living in the real world. Not only is it economically not feasible but it is also... ~~~~...NOT SCHEDULED!!! eyesre4.gif

I never read it that way at all. I read it more of like here was one show, one venue that was more "in the works" than other shows.

That's silly to think Rush would do one show in Oregon. One show in Toronto, maybe, but even that's weird.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Oct 21 2008, 06:47 AM)
Those guys are amazing. I would have thought they would need a year off after touring the last two.

Well, if they did a summer 09 tour, then, technically they would have taken a year off. Right? Since this last tour ended in July I believe.

Total selfish moment here but I want them to tour again. I just do. I want to see them again. I'm willing to travel and I'm willing to shell out big bucks. All in the name of Rush.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 21 2008, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 21 2008, 09:52 AM)
Attn Peeps:  Anyone who believes that Rush is going to get the entire crew lined up, rehearsed, get all the equipment procured, etc. and then do a one-off show in a 3,000 seat arena in Oregon is not living in the real world.  Not only is it economically not feasible but it is also... ~~~~...NOT SCHEDULED!!!  eyesre4.gif

I never read it that way at all. I read it more of like here was one show, one venue that was more "in the works" than other shows.

That's silly to think Rush would do one show in Oregon. One show in Toronto, maybe, but even that's weird.

I know what you're sayin. It did look very enticing at first glance. The key factor I wanted to drive home is that there are no dates on rush.com or ticketmaster.com, therefore there are no dates scheduled. Nothing worse imho than getting all excited about your winning lottery ticket before the numbers are even drawn. confused13.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 21 2008, 03:29 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Oct 20 2008, 04:01 PM)
I wouldn't hold your breath.....

yeah, well i wouldn't hold your breath either. holding my own is enough work.

Oh, go on.....

I'll hold yours if you hold mine

So I just called the "Gotickets" web site to clarify this ticket...she basically gave me the schtick about them being a broker, and it's a third party ticket but said that if they're offering it for sale, it is 100% legit because they dont offer tickets for sale that aren't verified to be legit eyesre4.gif

So, yeah, whatever...then I called Keller Auditorium and they know nothing and show nothing about Rush being there.

So my hunch is someone put this ticket up for sale to get a rise and it's working

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 21 2008, 02:55 PM)
So I just called the "Gotickets" web site to clarify this ticket...she basically gave me the schtick about them being a broker, and it's a third party ticket but said that if they're offering it for sale, it is 100% legit because they dont offer tickets for sale that aren't verified to be legit eyesre4.gif

So, yeah, whatever...then I called Keller Auditorium and they know nothing and show nothing about Rush being there.

So my hunch is someone put this ticket up for sale to get a rise and it's working

Ok but why Keller? Why Portland, OR?

Was it someone from Keller trying to get some free publicity? laugh.gif

BrightAntennae....great post...and I agree wholeheartedly.

Based on various "Signals" we've gotten from the boys, it sounds like there will be a 2009 tour. And, my hunch is that it will be different in some way...IE smaller venues with "B-side" stuff etc OR a few songs released via Itunes that they're supporting....who knows?

Point being, this Keller Auditorium thing is just another HINT that something is at least brewing!

Archived