How About A First Date?

Maestro

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is a prank, then the prankster needs to be hunted down and slowly tortured to death.

It's obviously some kind of mistake. Wishful thinking aside, Rush is not playing a 2,900 seat theater in Portland. It doesn't make economic sense. Even with attendance down and no marketing gimmick at all, Rush averaged over 8,000 per night and more than $500,000 gross per show this year. If they tour a third year in a row it will definitely be because lucrative offers are made and playing to 2,900 people leaves quite a bit of money on the table.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Oct 20 2008, 07:47 PM)
If this is a prank, then the prankster needs to be hunted down and slowly tortured to death.

Yes. Yes, very much so. bd.gif

This gives me so much hope biggrin.gif

I really hope a good '09 tour comes around because I want to see them as much as my scheduel (Us high school students are booked all year! tongue.gif) and budget allow. They're just getting older and I may not have much time left to catch some shows...Thanks for very much for sharing the web page, even if there's just a chance.

I know I'm in the minority, and I'll get flamed for this - but I actually hope they DON'T tour in '09. I've spent so much money the last 2 years on Rush tickets - and I need a year off to let the bank account recover (not that it will in this economy!!)

With that being said - *IF* Rush tours again (and I hope they do - in '10 or '11!!), I will certainly scrounge up as much money as I can to see as many shows as possible - and with the best seats possible.

Janie - my brother just moved back to Seattle; so that gives me a good reason to fly out from CT and join you and KG in the Lerxst Lover Front Row Posse!! biggrin.gif (I can just see it now... "Hey Bro - want to go to the Rush concert with me? BTW - you'll have to sit by yourself somewhere, 'cuz I'm in the front with all the Lerxst Lovers!!")

QUOTE (Spike @ Oct 20 2008, 09:19 PM)
I know I'm in the minority, and I'll get flamed for this - but I actually hope they DON'T tour in '09. I've spent so much money the last 2 years on Rush tickets - and I need a year off to let the bank account recover (not that it will in this economy!!)

With that being said - *IF* Rush tours again (and I hope they do - in '10 or '11!!), I will certainly scrounge up as much money as I can to see as many shows as possible - and with the best seats possible.

Janie - my brother just moved back to Seattle; so that gives me a good reason to fly out from CT and join you and KG in the Lerxst Lover Front Row Posse!! biggrin.gif (I can just see it now... "Hey Bro - want to go to the Rush concert with me? BTW - you'll have to sit by yourself somewhere, 'cuz I'm in the front with all the Lerxst Lovers!!")

Now that would make a great sign for you all: "The Lerxst Lover Front Row Posse"! Guaranteed picks!

Man, I was all "happy, happy, joy, joy" over this "news". Now I'm angry.gif and sad.gif .

Not your fault Maestro - no need to keep apologizing. The person(s) responsible need to be locked in a room with Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" on repeat. Until they die bleeding from the ears.

I know I'm in the minority, and I'll get flamed for this - but I actually hope they DON'T tour in '09.

I'm in that same minority. Yes, I love Rush and everything Rush, but the guys need a year off. And, whoever labeled this as their "farewell" tour, Yes are still touring. 5-6 years older than the boys. Go figure - maybe it's due to lineup changes. But Rush will be touring for the R40: 40th Anniversary Tour. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 20 2008, 09:55 PM)
I know I'm in the minority, and I'll get flamed for this - but I actually hope they DON'T tour in '09.

I'm in that same minority. Yes, I love Rush and everything Rush, but the guys need a year off. And, whoever labeled this as their "farewell" tour, Yes are still touring. 5-6 years older than the boys. Go figure - maybe it's due to lineup changes. But Rush will be touring for the R40: 40th Anniversary Tour. 1022.gif

But not the 50th. I think that would be. . .carrying things a little past the sell-by date.

Saying you don't want Rush to tour again is like saying you don't want to win the lottery because you don't want to pay the taxes.

biggrin.gif

moon.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Oct 20 2008, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 20 2008, 09:55 PM)

But not the 50th. I think that would be. . .carrying things a little past the sell-by date.

The Rolling Stones aren't too far away from their 50th Anniversary..... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Oct 20 2008, 07:19 PM)

Lerxst Lovers Unite! I'm sure he wouldn't object to three women in front of him flirting, dancing, singing and having a good time. smile.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2008, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (Spike @ Oct 20 2008, 07:19 PM)
Janie - my brother just moved back to Seattle; so that gives me a good reason to fly out from CT and join you and KG in the Lerxst Lover Front Row Posse!!  biggrin.gif  (I can just see it now...  "Hey Bro - want to go to the Rush concert with me?  BTW - you'll have to sit by yourself somewhere, 'cuz I'm in the front with all the Lerxst Lovers!!")

Lerxst Lovers Unite! I'm sure he wouldn't object to three women in front of him flirting, dancing, singing and having a good time. smile.gif

Agreed! Although I concur about the bank account still smarting after the last 2 summers . . .we kinda figured we could go a little crazy in '08 b/c we'd have a few years to recoup wacko.gif

If they do head back out on the road this summer, I wonder what the impetus will be? A few songs released online only? B-sides? Switching sides on the stage? It would be odd, to say the least, for them to simply hit the road just for the sake of touring. Clearly, if talks currently are underway, they must have some idea/plan.

(I know this is going to turn into the inevitable, and perhaps - I'll grant you that - realistic theme of "money is what motivates us all." I've got no issue with that, honestly, but I think it is not what solely motivates Rush. A factor, of course, but not the factor.)

KG

QUOTE (Jaye @ Oct 20 2008, 02:51 PM)
One gig...?

Maybe Ged can just handle ALL OF HEMISPHERES for one show!!

They could do this specifically to tape all their B-Sides for another live DVD!

Attn Peeps: Anyone who believes that Rush is going to get the entire crew lined up, rehearsed, get all the equipment procured, etc. and then do a one-off show in a 3,000 seat arena in Oregon is not living in the real world. Not only is it economically not feasible but it is also... ~~~~...NOT SCHEDULED!!! eyesre4.gif

Exactly, They are not just going to do 1 show. If they did that it would probably be in Toronto. If they do in fact tour, they probably will do a B-side tour or how about an "Epics" tour, side 1 of "2112", "Hemispheres", "Cygnus X-1" "Camera Eye". That would be cool!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 21 2008, 09:52 AM)
...Anyone who believes that Rush is going to get the entire crew lined up, rehearsed, get all the equipment procured, etc. and then do a one-off show in a 3,000 seat arena in Oregon is not living in the real world...

No; it's really: One Night Only: One Venue; One Ticket; One Fan and One Song!

$50.00!!!

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

[i'm just 'frustrated' behind this entire ordeal, is all... No new news. Just venting... ...] b_sigh.gif

Aaaaalllllexxxxx...!!! ...If you're responsible for this, it's YOUR that's head's gonna roll!!! wink.gif

Archived