Superconductor video

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 7 2008, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 7 2008, 04:27 PM)
Do you have any idea how many "accents" (dialects) we have here in the US of A? I'm guessing not. It probably all sounds the same to you.

Sir, I am fully cogniscant of the fact that the US and A has a wide range of accents, and some dialects. But it cannot compare to the rich tapestry of accents and dialects to be found in the British Isles. Which is why we are able to watch TV progammes made in "American English" (American English) whereas British TV programming tends to get remade for a US audience. Heck, we even have to subtitle our own TV progs if those Jockos are talking tongue.gif

Can I just ask why you keep saying 'US and A'? If it's another one of your daft jokes, I don't get it...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (MalNarpet @ Oct 7 2008, 05:47 PM)
http://www.merkinworld.com/

Oh good grief. I pointed this out back on page 3 (scary but true, I knew what the word meant already), so I didn't bother to Google it. I should have guessed that the market had been revived.

Merkin-tile Exchange. laugh.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 8 2008, 07:25 AM)
Do you have any idea how many "accents" (dialects) we have here in the US of A? I'm guessing not. It probably all sounds the same to you.

Sir, I am fully cogniscant of the fact that the US and A has a wide range of accents, and some dialects. But it cannot compare to the rich tapestry of accents and dialects to be found in the British Isles. Which is why we are able to watch TV progammes made in "American English" (American English) whereas British TV programming tends to get remade for a US audience. Heck, we even have to subtitle our own TV progs if those Jockos are talking tongue.gif

Sensibility would say that when you piss folks off after getting the rise that you were looking for, you'd stop. But I guess you're looking for something more eh? I hope you find whatever it is

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 8 2008, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 8 2008, 07:25 AM)

Sensibility would say that when you piss folks off after getting the rise that you were looking for, you'd stop. But I guess you're looking for something more eh? I hope you find whatever it is

A lot of you really need to get over yourself and stop taking Nick so seriously.

The "abuse" he directs towards America is very mild compared to what we could throw at each other in our respective constituent countries of the UK.

For example, he (and many others) often refer to us Scots as "Jockos" who speak "Jockinese". We are all mean with money , are short in stature and have ginger hair. We also recieve more than our fair share of taxpayers money from Govt. and are a bunch of miserable whingers.

However, we are all well aware that this is banter and the correct response is to hit back with a volley of our own well aimed vitriol. It's all good fun and shouldn't be taken seriously.Anyone who throws their toys out of the pram and gets all offended deserves ridicule.

Some of you should really try the same tactic. A bit of good-humoured insult trading can be quite therapeutic wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Oct 8 2008, 07:50 AM)
A lot of you really need to get over yourself and stop taking Nick so seriously.

The "abuse" he directs towards America is very mild compared to what we could throw at each other in our respective constituent countries of the UK.

For example, he (and many others) often refer to us Scots as "Jockos" who speak "Jockinese". We are all mean with money , are short in stature and have ginger hair. We also recieve more than our fair share of taxpayers money from Govt. and are a bunch of miserable whingers.

However, we are all well aware that this is banter and the correct response is to hit back with a volley of our own well aimed vitriol. It's all good fun and shouldn't be taken seriously.Anyone who throws their toys out of the pram and gets all offended deserves ridicule.

Some of you should really try the same tactic. A bit of good-humoured insult trading can be quite therapeutic wink.gif

A man from chilly Jockoland who understands biggrin.gif

I was only saying to Mrs Troll the other night that the Americans just don't seem to understand banter as we Brits do, Mrs Troll said back to me "What do you mean 'We Brits' you son of a Paddy-Bogtrotter" Oh we do love our banter under our bridge.

Superconductor, I still enjoy it. Even the videos good - for Rush.............

it's gotten a bit out of hand here as well: http://london.craigslist.co.uk/rnr/

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Oct 4 2008, 02:52 PM)
the video (and song of course) is garbage for sure.......and it's not "good for the times" either. Not all videos were that crap in that time period.........

Just look at The Pass to prove this point. That's a great video. It's kind of hard to screw up Black and White.

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 4 2008, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 4 2008, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Oct 3 2008, 11:09 AM)
People can bash the video all they want to but I don't think most realize there's a point to the silliness. A lot of the cheese factor and the mesmorized audience is that way intentionally because it's the point of the song.

goodpost.gif

One of my favorite songs and I don't care who knows! laugh.gif

Nor should you! 1022.gif

The only part of the song I don't really care for is when the whole chorus goes up a step or whatever towards the end. It just screams "we couldn't think of anything else to do for this part!" to me.

Next tour, and there WILL be a next tour, we need some serious Presto and Power Windows representation. *

*Like Scars, Show Don't Tell, or Available Light. Not Superconductor.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Oct 8 2008, 11:37 AM)
People can bash the video all they want to but I don't think most realize there's a point to the silliness. A lot of the cheese factor and the mesmorized audience is that way intentionally because it's the point of the song.

goodpost.gif

Nor should you! 1022.gif

The only part of the song I don't really care for is when the whole chorus goes up a step or whatever towards the end. It just screams "we couldn't think of anything else to do for this part!" to me.

Next tour, and there WILL be a next tour, we need some serious Presto and Power Windows representation. *

I believe the song was written that way to match the subject matter. See other examples here:

http://www.gearchange.org/

QUOTE (MalNarpet @ Oct 8 2008, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Oct 8 2008, 11:37 AM)

goodpost.gif

Nor should you! 1022.gif

I believe the song was written that way to match the subject matter. See other examples here:

http://www.gearchange.org/

No Rush there - Marathon should be, as well as Superconductor. Huh.

Cheers mate! trink39.gif

Great song, great video!

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 8 2008, 11:16 PM)

I was only saying to Mrs Troll the other night that the Americans just don't seem to understand banter as we Brits do, Mrs Troll said back to me "What do you mean 'We Brits' you son of a Paddy-Bogtrotter" Oh we do love our banter under our bridge.

Look, I don't give a shit. My point was that the comments have offended some even if it was done in good fun. Big deal, you have a sense of humor. And it's ALWAYS been banter. I get it. And it's nothing special if I get it or anyone else does. Also, just because someone is annoyed by it doesn't mean they don't understand that kind of joking. Nevermind. I was just trying to save some people grief.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 8 2008, 04:40 PM)

Look, I don't give a shit. My point was that the comments have offended some even if it was done in good fun. Big deal, you have a sense of humor. And it's ALWAYS been banter. I get it. And it's nothing special if I get it or anyone else does. Also, just because someone is annoyed by it doesn't mean they don't understand that kind of joking. Nevermind. I was just trying to save some people grief.

Some people take offence way to easily - and more fool them - luckily I have a sense of humour, and not humor, which is lazy spelling.

The amount of stick I get for stating honest opinions about Rush - albeit stated in a way to wind people up - is just shocking. And nobody ever notices any of the self deprecation I put in. People just see what they want to see.

Anyhoo, you must give a shit because you're posting about it.

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad.

Vote Quimby.

Comics are for Bairns.

Superconductor still enjoyable.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 8 2008, 05:16 PM)

Some people take offence way to easily - and more fool them - luckily I have a sense of humour, and not humor, which is lazy spelling.

The amount of stick I get for stating honest opinions about Rush - albeit stated in a way to wind people up - is just shocking. And nobody ever notices any of the self deprecation I put in. People just see what they want to see.

Vote Quimby.

Comics are for Bairns.

Problem is, you never stop! Everything you post is designed to provoke a reaction, and it gets old. The joke stops being funny after a while.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 8 2008, 06:16 PM)

Vote Quimby.

Comics are for Bairns.

"The amount of stick I get for stating honest opinions about Rush - albeit stated in a way to wind people up - is just shocking."

You said it right there. It's not your opinions, it's how you state them. You put a lot of effort into acting like a douchebag (acting like being a key phrase -- someone here mentioned meeting you in real life and said you're a nice guy). You can't act surprised when people get bent out of shape at you when you're making a concerted effort at doing exactly that.

There's nothing wrong with your opinions (opinions can be argued, but they're never wrong), but you like to, as you said, wind people up with how you present those opinions. So, here we are! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 9 2008, 07:16 AM)

Sorry, I was unclear. I was saying that I don't give a shit in that it doesn't offend me personally. But it does many people here. That's all I was saying.

To keep it off topic for another minute, what is up with these people that regularly come on here and bash Rush? Isnt this for fans? I agree that you dont have to love everything they do, I dont, but for every post to be some "clever" way to get a rise out of people is asinine.

Im not going to single out people from other countries, but enough with the "taking the piss out of the dumb Americans". It just makes you sound like you are trying too hard to be cheeky.

http://www.actionfig.com/store/item_bbbs.jpg

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Oct 17 2008, 02:44 PM)
To keep it off topic for another minute, what is up with these people that regularly come on here and bash Rush? Isnt this for fans? I agree that you dont have to love everything they do, I dont, but for every post to be some "clever" way to get a rise out of people is asinine.

Im not going to single out people from other countries, but enough with the "taking the piss out of the dumb Americans". It just makes you sound like you are trying too hard to be cheeky.

Get a life.

I love Rush - up to 1979.

To truly love something you have to be able to completely rip the piss out of it, and not be bothered if somebody else rips the piss out of it.

Sawdust mixed with araldite makes a good filler for chipped and missing teeth. A good coat of whitewash and my teeth will look as good as any Merkin News Anchorperson.

If there were enough dumb brits round here I'd rip the piss out of them too - heck they're nearly as dumb as Americans now, especially the lot in Chilly Jockoland, and them in them there broad acres.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 18 2008, 05:48 AM)
QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Oct 17 2008, 02:44 PM)

Get a life.

I love Rush - up to 1979.

To truly love something you have to be able to completely rip the piss out of it, and not be bothered if somebody else rips the piss out of it.

Sawdust mixed with araldite makes a good filler for chipped and missing teeth. A good coat of whitewash and my teeth will look as good as any Merkin News Anchorperson.

If there were enough dumb brits round here I'd rip the piss out of them too - heck they're nearly as dumb as Americans now, especially the lot in Chilly Jockoland, and them in them there broad acres.

schla03.gif

Archived