Is it your ADD or Insomnia...

CeeJ

Good question, CeeJ, about ADD or insomnia when you think about it.

I've always had insomnia. I worry about things, so I guess that doesn't help. But, when I lay down to sleep I try that 'clear your mind/relax your body' thing...doesn't work sometimes. And, I know exactly what you're talking about, CeeJ, not having the energy like you used to have when you can't sleep. I could get lots done, too wink.gif Can't win, huh b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 28 2008, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Sep 28 2008, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 28 2008, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 28 2008, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 28 2008, 06:35 AM)
QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Sep 28 2008, 07:34 AM)
What keeps me awake at night?

The vampires lightly tapping at my window....I can see their faces too.....they're out there.

Y'know, for a scene from a TELEVISION movie... that was still one of the scariest vampire scenes of all time. I lost many hours of sleep because of that scene. yes.gif

Are we talking about Salem's Lot?

That was made-for-tv?

yes.gif

The original with David Soul and Lance somethingoranother, was a two part, made for tv movie. As far as I know anyway. I don't remember it ever being in the theater. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The stars were mainstream tv guys (Starsky and Hutch and James at 15).

It had a few intense scenes and I remember it had the parental warning at the beginning of the show, and during commercials before an intense scene was coming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079844/fullcredits#cast

I was 7 when that aired! I somehow managed to talk my parents into letting me watch it. I can't believe they let me! I saw it a few years back and parts of it are lame at best but when you're 7... that was some scary stuff. I remember putting my life-size Raggedy Anne doll next to me in bed so that when the vampires came for me at night, they would get her instead! Like they wouldn't know the difference between human blood and doll stuffing!

It was Lance Kerwin I think his name was...That movie..and the Danny Glick scene tapping at the window scared the DOG SHIT out of me when I was 10...when it came out.

That scene still haunts me.

That old TV version was good, 1000% better than the version that came out a few years ago with Rob Lowe..that version sucked out loud.

Salems Lot is a really good, scary, book, easy to read with good characters and really straight foreward...not too complex....I love it...it's one of my favorite books. I have actually read it twice already this year and now that fall is here, and Halloween right around the corner..I'm gonna read it again.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/salems.jpg

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 28 2008, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Sep 28 2008, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 28 2008, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 28 2008, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 28 2008, 06:35 AM)
QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Sep 28 2008, 07:34 AM)
What keeps me awake at night?

The vampires lightly tapping at my window....I can see their faces too.....they're out there.

Y'know, for a scene from a TELEVISION movie... that was still one of the scariest vampire scenes of all time. I lost many hours of sleep because of that scene. yes.gif

Are we talking about Salem's Lot?

That was made-for-tv?

yes.gif

The original with David Soul and Lance somethingoranother, was a two part, made for tv movie. As far as I know anyway. I don't remember it ever being in the theater. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The stars were mainstream tv guys (Starsky and Hutch and James at 15).

It had a few intense scenes and I remember it had the parental warning at the beginning of the show, and during commercials before an intense scene was coming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079844/fullcredits#cast

I was 7 when that aired! I somehow managed to talk my parents into letting me watch it. I can't believe they let me! I saw it a few years back and parts of it are lame at best but when you're 7... that was some scary stuff. I remember putting my life-size Raggedy Anne doll next to me in bed so that when the vampires came for me at night, they would get her instead! Like they wouldn't know the difference between human blood and doll stuffing!

Yeah, I kind of wished I hadn't watched it a second time when I was in college. But as a kid, it kept me up several nights afterwards. My sister and I would sleep in the same twin bed, clutching our little homemade crosses!

QUOTE (The_Analog_Kid @ Sep 28 2008, 03:17 PM)
insomnia for me... that's why i take sleeping pills laugh.gif

Be careful not to take them all the time or your body will rely on them to fall asleep. Try being more active right before you go to bed, like exercise or something. It might make you tired before u have to resort to sleeping pills.

QUOTE (missionman @ Sep 28 2008, 01:31 AM)
I don't go to sleep till an hour after I take my temazepam (restoril)every nite. Without it...I don't sleep!!!!! Plain and simple.

How can you take Temazepam nightly? Haven't you developed a tolerance by now? I take it now and again - usually when I've been taking decongestants (they keep me awake). I've found that I have to start taking two after 3 or 4 nights in a row.

I do like this one, as it doesn't leave me feeling all goofy and drugged the next day.

QUOTE (The_Analog_Kid @ Sep 28 2008, 04:17 PM)
insomnia for me... that's why i take sleeping pills laugh.gif

+1 I take pills now for Anxiety that are supposed to help me sleep at night.

I used to be one of those, I would be tired all day but then unable to sleep at night types. Still am, basically. It's gotten worse (my tiredness during the day) since I started the medication, but I sleep (sorta) better now.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 28 2008, 11:26 AM)
I feel tired at night but yet can't fall asleep at
times. So then I try to watch a movie and usually miss the
second half. My body just gives in and out I go. schla03.gif

I wish that when I couldn't fall asleep I had
the energy I used to have, I could get alot done.

I've never seen Salem's Lot.

ill send u the Dvd when im done watchin it wink.gif

U & Kenny can watch it together

i need ur new addy to mail it to yous

General stress keeps me awake at night. I fall asleep really easily, but staying asleep is my problem. Doctor doesn't want me to take something that is addicting, so he recommended Dipenhydromine. (sold under the name Gravol here in Canada) It's also an antinauseant.... so I don't feel sick either! laugh.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Sep 28 2008, 09:03 PM)
General stress keeps me awake at night. I fall asleep really easily, but staying asleep is my problem. Doctor doesn't want me to take something that is addicting, so he recommended Dipenhydromine. (sold under the name Gravol here in Canada) It's also an antinauseant.... so I don't feel sick either! laugh.gif

Can't you guys buy cough syrup with codeine over the counter in Canada? I'd say that's definitely addictive!

Sometimes after the gym, or if I've been really stressed out and I want to help myself get to sleep, two drugs really help:

- Benadryl Night Time allergy pills (knocks you right on your ass)

And if I have a migraine, or I feel a headache forming:

- Life Brand Acetaminophen with caffeine and codeine (the caffeine helps move the drug to the blood vessels in your brain a lot faster, but keeps you awake. Have no fear, codeine is there to offset it).

I just have myself on a bass-ackward sleep schedule. I stay up late, and then I sleep late.

When I do find myself unable to sleep, when my mind is just too 'noisy', I find that a quiet mind meditation helps. Just focusing all my attention on my breath. Pushing aside thoughts of tomorrow, yesterday, what-am-I-gonna-cook-for-supper, I-shouldn't-have-had-that-extra-scoop-of-ice-cream-for-dessert, etc...

Just focusing on breath. and being conscious of my muscles, loosening what's tense, so that I can sleep well.

Works like a charm, once you give it some practice! cool.gif

Archived