Movies That Made You Cry

Alex

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tel @ Sep 13 2008, 10:01 PM)
yeah fridge kes is a classic,casper is a real "no hoper" isnt he?

Yep, there's no happy endings there for the poor lad....I think what makes it so sad is that the pointless and stupid killing of his hawk by his moronic brother is a metaphor for the fact that he will never escape the crushing hopelessness of his bleak existence.

A true, unvarnished masterpiece of British cinema with no mawkish sentimentality to soften the extremely raw, hard hitting emotional edge to it.

i've just read all 4 pages of this thread and realized that of all the movies listed, i've seen most of them, and cried at all the ones that i did see. steel magnolias gets me every time, no matter how often i see it. and i absolutely refuse to ever watch pay it forward ever again.

oh and every disney movie where the film makers get evil and kill off part of someones family or tear them apart. from the lion king to tarzan and most every other one as well.

i cry at books too. i'm a sap, i know wink.gif

QUOTE (failte @ Sep 13 2008, 11:30 PM)
i've just read all 4 pages of this thread and realized that of all the movies listed, i've seen most of them, and cried at all the ones that i did see. steel magnolias gets me every time, no matter how often i see it. and i absolutely refuse to ever watch pay it forward ever again.

oh and every disney movie where the film makers get evil and kill off part of someones family or tear them apart. from the lion king to tarzan and most every other one as well.

i cry at books too. i'm a sap, i know wink.gif

I'm right there with you. I even cry

watching General Hospital sometimes.

I think it depends on teh story, where it is going,

and how it pertains to your own life. I know...

GIRLY RIGHT???

I KNOW.

i've just read all 4 pages of this thread and realized that of all the movies listed, i've seen most of them, and cried at all the ones that i did see.  steel magnolias gets me every time, no matter how often i see it.  and i absolutely refuse to ever watch pay it forward ever again. 

oh and every disney movie where the film makers get evil and kill off part of someones family or tear them apart.  from the lion king to tarzan and most every other one as well. 

i cry at books too.  i'm a sap, i know wink.gif

Damn! I'd forgotten about Pay It Forward. That movie got me too.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 13 2008, 10:43 PM)
i've just read all 4 pages of this thread and realized that of all the movies listed, i've seen most of them, and cried at all the ones that i did see.  steel magnolias gets me every time, no matter how often i see it.  and i absolutely refuse to ever watch pay it forward ever again. 

oh and every disney movie where the film makers get evil and kill off part of someones family or tear them apart.  from the lion king to tarzan and most every other one as well. 

GIRLY RIGHT???

I KNOW.

girly is right, but i'm okay with that wink.gif though i try to avoid it when others are around....everyone feels the need to point it out you know? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (failte @ Sep 14 2008, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 13 2008, 10:43 PM)

GIRLY RIGHT???

I KNOW.

girly is right, but i'm okay with that wink.gif though i try to avoid it when others are around....everyone feels the need to point it out you know? biggrin.gif

Girly is alright if NO ONE is around. rofl3.gif

I don't know why but I just have a hard time being a girl.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Back on topic...

Lady and the Tramp

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The Lion King

Homeward Bound

Edited by CeeJ

Oh man...

Pay It Forward

I get emotional just thinking about that one...

QUOTE (failte @ Sep 13 2008, 11:28 PM)
the little mermaid. wacko.gif

Actually, that one can get to me sometimes. When she sings that "Wish I Could Be Part of Your World" thing, I think of something my brother did and I get misty...

My brother the high school teacher played that song for his class while showing footage of handicapped kids in wheelchairs. Think about the lyrics... "Walking around on those... what are they called?... feet! Wish I could be part of that world..." Etc. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 14 2008, 01:03 PM)
What is Pay It Forward about, then? I don't know that one... confused13.gif

check your PMs, Jaye!

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Sep 15 2008, 07:30 AM)

check your PMs, Jaye!

Cheers, my friend trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 15 2008, 03:12 PM)

check your PMs, Jaye!

jaye

if you haven't seen Kes, you should definitely watch it. It's set in your manor, Yorkshire.

be warned though. it's desperately sad, but not in the standard Holywood way. It's much more gritty and "real"

QUOTE (Fridge @ Sep 15 2008, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 15 2008, 03:12 PM)

check your PMs, Jaye!

jaye

if you haven't seen Kes, you should definitely watch it. It's set in your manor, Yorkshire.

be warned though. it's desperately sad, but not in the standard Holywood way. It's much more gritty and "real"

I know about Kes, but I don't want to watch it because I know it will just depress me.. fists crying.gif (I've seen part of the ending on some programme about animal films)

When I was a kid, I knew people the same age who were cruel to animals and though it was fun or cool... I just know it would bring it all back to me.. sad.gif

OK, I finally thought of one: 'Rudy'.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 18 2008, 02:08 PM)
Old Yeller, but c'mon I was only 7...........

I will never, ever make fun of anyone who cries at a movie in which the dog dies. no.gif I don't care how masculine or how mature you are. You're allowed to cry like a little bitch when the dog dies.

Same with those Pedigree "why don't you take me home 'cause I'm a good dog" shelter ads.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 18 2008, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 18 2008, 02:08 PM)
Old Yeller, but c'mon I was only 7...........

I will never, ever make fun of anyone who cries at a movie in which the dog dies. no.gif I don't care how masculine or how mature you are. You're allowed to cry like a little bitch when the dog dies.

Same with those Pedigree "why don't you take me home 'cause I'm a good dog" shelter ads.

Eek!

I can barely bring myself to watch those.

No kidding. What's the Will Smith movie where he's left behind in a city with a disease outbreak? His dog and only friend got infected in a fight and he had to choke out the poor critter to keep himself from getting bit... b_sigh.gif Harsh.