Really bad movies you liked

workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 4 2008, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 3 2008, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 3 2008, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 3 2008, 08:22 PM)
I loved Xanadu!!

laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I had the Album, too!!!

laugh.gif

I still love that movie. Weak storyline, for sure, but the music and the visuals and the dancing were top notch.

The movie sank in the ratings but the soundtrack, which I also have, was a big seller. The ELO tunes that are on the soundtrack is some of the best ELO music I've ever heard.

Y'know, I was all set to make fun of you for that one, but I can't. You're right, it had awesome dancing (I mean, Gene Kelly? It doesn't get any better). And if you took the Olivia songs out of the soundtrack, it was pretty all right!

It was also his last film. I read that the only reason he took the role is because he lived close by. The script was being written as the scenes were being filmed. One producer was fired and another hired. Behind it all it was a big mess. Because of it all, the storyline became weak. Olivia even expressed how difficult it was for her because she had no idea where the story was headed.

Even though I usually skip the Olivia songs when I'm playing the soundtrack, I do like some of them. It's just that the ELO songs outshine her material.

After seeing it in the theatre, our local skating rink became quite popular with teenagers on Friday and Saturday nights in the early 80's. It was a great hangout and I went skating every Saturday night, religiously.

I was 14 when that movie came out. Loved the ELO part of the soundtrack. Me and my friend went to see it and all I can remember about that movie was how hot Olyvia was.

I haven't seen the move since. Found this on youtube.

Pretty bad movie, but Olyvia was very hot!

Wasn't that guy the same one from The Warriors?

Edited by workingcinderellaman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 3 2008, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 3 2008, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 3 2008, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Sep 3 2008, 12:14 PM)
Army of darkness Trailer

Excuse me, I believe you meant to post that in the "Really AWESOME movies you liked" thread. wink.gif

Amen to that!

Yeah. That post baffled me too.

Try watching it with your wife. wink.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Sep 4 2008, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 4 2008, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 3 2008, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 3 2008, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 3 2008, 08:22 PM)
I loved Xanadu!!

laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I had the Album, too!!!

laugh.gif

I still love that movie. Weak storyline, for sure, but the music and the visuals and the dancing were top notch.

The movie sank in the ratings but the soundtrack, which I also have, was a big seller. The ELO tunes that are on the soundtrack is some of the best ELO music I've ever heard.

Y'know, I was all set to make fun of you for that one, but I can't. You're right, it had awesome dancing (I mean, Gene Kelly? It doesn't get any better). And if you took the Olivia songs out of the soundtrack, it was pretty all right!

It was also his last film. I read that the only reason he took the role is because he lived close by. The script was being written as the scenes were being filmed. One producer was fired and another hired. Behind it all it was a big mess. Because of it all, the storyline became weak. Olivia even expressed how difficult it was for her because she had no idea where the story was headed.

Even though I usually skip the Olivia songs when I'm playing the soundtrack, I do like some of them. It's just that the ELO songs outshine her material.

After seeing it in the theatre, our local skating rink became quite popular with teenagers on Friday and Saturday nights in the early 80's. It was a great hangout and I went skating every Saturday night, religiously.

I was 14 when that movie came out. Loved the ELO part of the soundtrack. Me and my friend went to see it and all I can remember about that movie was how hot Olyvia was.

I haven't seen the move since. Found this on youtube.

Pretty bad movie, but Olyvia was very hot!

Wasn't that guy the same one from The Warriors?

"All Over the World" is a killer track and I love that video!

Yes, Michael Beck is the actor in both the Warriors and Xanadu. He is quoted as saying "the Warriors started my career and Xanadu ended it".

However, his acting was not great in Xanadu at all.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's former wife is one of the Muses during the "I'm Alive" sequence at the beginning.

Michael Beck! I had to look that one up for myself. Big difference from being a gang leader... laugh.gif

Speaking of the Warriors... another great B-movie. I have the movie, game and a t-shirt.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Sep 4 2008, 05:51 AM)
Army of darkness Trailer

Excuse me, I believe you meant to post that in the "Really AWESOME movies you liked" thread. wink.gif

Amen to that!

I don't have a wife! fists crying.gif

If I had a husband, though...ya know, I wouldn't marry anyone who didn't love the Evil Dead trilogy, come to think of it.

Fake edit: I have to agree with all the Xanadu posts. It's so terrible, yet so perversely enjoyable.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Sep 4 2008, 05:51 AM)
Army of darkness Trailer

Amen to that!

My wife is finally coming around after about 50 viewings. laugh.gif

"First you wanna kill me, then you wanna kiss me. Blow."

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 3 2008, 03:51 AM)
Hot to Trot (starring Bobcat Goldthwait and the voice of John Candy) and Robin Hood: Men in Tights spring immediately to mind.

I find Robin Hood: Men in Tights not to be guilty at all! I thoroughly enjoyed it and have no shame! tongue.gif

Smokey and the Bandit 2

Smokey and the Bandit Part 3

The Pirate Movie

yes, the one w/ Kristie McNichol, Christopher Atkins, and George's (decidedly less tan) brother Ted Hamilton as the Pirate King.

I am the Pirate Kiiiiiiiinnnnngg!! tongue.gif

Shut up...I love that movie.

Edited by Alien Girl

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 5 2008, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Sep 5 2008, 08:29 AM)
I can't believe people are distinguishing between the ELO and ONJ songs for Xanadu. All are equally awful. The ONLY good thing about the movie is Gene Kelly.

What about the song by the Tubes?

That would be "Dancin'".

"No, no! I won't take a back seat tonight. I'll be dancin' with you, I'll be dancin' with you"

"Dancin'

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 5 2008, 03:58 PM)
A lot of people think Dumb and Dumber and Kingpin are bad movies. I think they're brillantly funny.

Kingpin is one of my all-time faves. Randy Quaid stole it.