Really bad movies you liked

workingcinderellaman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 13 2008, 08:42 PM)
The Phantom Menace.

To be honest, I'm really not sure how it is a bad movie, or maybe it's just a bad Star Wars movie? I've always enjoyed it more than II and III, but I blame Hayden for that.

And if anyone says anything about Jar Jar (Jack angry.gif ), the shit'll hit the fan.

A friend of mine had a short-lived website called Jar Jar Binks Must f***ing Die. bolt.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 13 2008, 05:42 PM)
The Phantom Menace.

To be honest, I'm really not sure how it is a bad movie, or maybe it's just a bad Star Wars movie? I've always enjoyed it more than II and III, but I blame Hayden for that.

And if anyone says anything about Jar Jar (Jack angry.gif ), the shit'll hit the fan.

If one of the first things out of Jar jar's mouth hadn't been a Wayne's World quote and Jake Lloyd could act, even a little bit, it would've been good. But...

laugh.gif trink39.gif

Edited by hunter

QUOTE (hunter @ Sep 14 2008, 04:33 AM)
The Phantom Menace.

If one of the first things out of Jar jar's mouth hadn't been a Wayne's World quote and Jake Lloyd could act, even a little bit, it would've been good. But...

laugh.gif trink39.gif

I was watching the documentary for TPM last night, and it seems they had a better actor there to do it. But George had a gut instinct about Jake. Maybe if there had been a different director?

Liam Neeson and Ian McDiarmid keep the film good though.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 14 2008, 04:11 AM)
The Phantom Menace.

laugh.gif trink39.gif

I was watching the documentary for TPM last night, and it seems they had a better actor there to do it. But George had a gut instinct about Jake. Maybe if there had been a different director?

Or if Gary Kurtz had been involved. He kept George's gut instincts in check. laugh.gif

Don't know if it's a bad movie yet, but last night I saw a trailer for a movie about the guy who invented the windshield wiper.

I think Bill Paxton is in it.

But like........a movie about the guy who invented the windshield wiper?

QUOTE (Snowman @ Sep 14 2008, 12:07 PM)
Anyone seen Starship Troopers? There are 3 of them I think. It is really brainless, but it is nice to watch from time to time. Shooting giant bugs and green splatter everywhere!

I liked the first one. Haven't seen the others.

QUOTE (hunter @ Sep 14 2008, 12:50 PM)
The Phantom Menace.

laugh.gif trink39.gif

Or if Gary Kurtz had been involved. He kept George's gut instincts in check. laugh.gif

the plot was awful.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Sep 12 2008, 05:47 AM)
3:00 High
Roadhouse

'Roadhouse' would be my pick too. Routinely panned by critics, me and my friends all love it. Jeff Healy Band as the house band was cool. I enjoyed playing that movie to any women who didn't know any other Patrick Swayze movie than Dirty Dancing. It was quite an eye opener for them.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 30 2008, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 29 2008, 05:44 PM)
A scene out of the horror film "Dolls":

"Dolls" - 1987

Bahaha please tell me...is that the movie that starts off with a giant teddy bear killing someone and a little girl says "Teddddddy!" and then the giant bear shrugs? A B classic indeed. rofl3.gif

yeah, it is. laugh.gif

Except the little girl was imagining it since she hated her stepmother and father. (They were mean to her).

You may recognize the blond punk girl in the Madonna outfit. She's the girl in the A ha video "take on me".

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 6 2008, 06:24 PM)
Black Sheep
Rocky 5
Brain Donors

TICK IV: the street fighter

In my favorite entry in the TICK movie series, we see the mighty TICK brawl his way to glory in a series of brutally exciting (and cleverly choreographed) street fights against increasingly monstrous opponents. The final scene in the Madison Square Garden showdown against Ragga Rap Master Raptor brought tears to my eyes, why did TICK have to die like that???

fists crying.gif

Unfortunately he miraculously survived for TICK V: crossdressing mania with Necro

wacko.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Sep 29 2008, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Sep 29 2008, 02:08 PM)
http://stevejencks.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/soylent-green.jpg

Wait, that's a really good movie. You're in the wrong thread.

Yep, that's a good one!

1287.gif

QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Sep 25 2008, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Sep 14 2008, 12:50 PM)
The Phantom Menace.

laugh.gif trink39.gif

the plot was awful.

number one reason it sucked?

Here we have the first human to win the Boonta Eve race and it's a small kid named Skywalker. Twenty years later no one even bats an eye when a guy named Luke Skywalker is searching for his place in the world. Hid friend's parents don;t tell him about Anakin and apparently no on kept records there. Even later when Luke shows up to kill Jabba he doesn't seem phased by the name. It's a pretty big plot hole if you ask me.