the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 22 2008, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Oct 22 2008, 01:41 PM)
Metal always make me smile.  smile.gif

1022.gif = biggrin.gif

Damn right!

It's funny-- even when I've had a really bad day at work, when I'm driving home and put on some Judas Priest or Prong, I get this expression: biggrin.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Oct 22 2008, 04:13 PM)

1022.gif = biggrin.gif

Damn right!

It's funny-- even when I've had a really bad day at work, when I'm driving home and put on some Judas Priest or Prong, I get this expression: biggrin.gif

yep. no matter what mood i am in, i slap on some metal and all is well with the world 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 22 2008, 04:18 PM)

1022.gif = biggrin.gif

Damn right!

yep. no matter what mood i am in, i slap on some metal and all is well with the world 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Agreed, and no matter what mood I'm in, Country music will always piss me off.

1022.gif

My random music thought today, after drumming along with almost the entire Led Zeppelin catalog, is that John Bonham was an awesome drummer and it's a damn shame he died so young. I love his powerful, laid back, groovy style of drumming. There are people who say Bonham is overrated, but that's just not true. A lot of his drum parts may sound simple, but they often are actually very hard to imitate IMO. He was also a drummer that knew very well how to serve the song. The way he enters in Stairway To Heaven for example always gives me goose bumps. Or how he's locked in with the bass line on The Crunge. Or that tricky shuffle beat he plays on Fool In The Rain.... It al sounds so damn awesome. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Oct 22 2008, 05:49 PM)
My random music thought today, after drumming along with almost the entire Led Zeppelin catalog, is that John Bonham was an awesome drummer and it's a damn shame he died so young. I love his powerful, laid back, groovy style of drumming. There are people who say Bonham is overrated, but that's just not true. A lot of his drum parts may sound simple, but they often are actually very hard to imitate IMO. He was also a drummer that knew very well how to serve the song. The way he enters in Stairway To Heaven for example always gives me goose bumps. Or how he's locked in with the bass line on The Crunge. Or that tricky shuffle beat he plays on Fool In The Rain.... It al sounds so damn awesome. 1022.gif

Bonham is my favorite drummer.

QUOTE (iron-priest18 @ Oct 22 2008, 07:39 PM)
http://www.backstage2.fr/oscommerce/images/death%20human.jpg
=

win yes.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

that album is when they became great 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Oct 22 2008, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 22 2008, 04:18 PM)

1022.gif = biggrin.gif

Damn right!

Agreed, and no matter what mood I'm in, Country music will always piss me off.

1022.gif

Oooohhh copy that tower! PanterA always blows my skirt up and makes me smile....then choke out cats. Either way it's good. All good.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 24 2008, 05:39 AM)
Creedence Clearwater Revival is as good as any of their contemporaries! Why are they pretty much left out of the loop? confused13.gif

I love Creedence Clearwater Revival. They had a great sound. I'm gonna listen to "I Put A Spell On You" right now!

dark side of the moon is incredible. if you limit how often you listen to it to say, once every couple months, and listen to the whole thing start to finish each time, it's a lot easier to experience its true beauty. it deserves every last bit of acclaim it receives.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 24 2008, 08:44 PM)
dark side of the moon is incredible. if you limit how often you listen to it to say, once every couple months, and listen to the whole thing start to finish each time, it's a lot easier to experience its true beauty. it deserves every last bit of acclaim it receives.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't listen to it that much, unlike Wish You Were Here and Animals, but when I do I'm blown away.

QUOTE (Incubus @ Oct 24 2008, 07:34 PM)
I hate NIN fans. They're mean and angry and they just plain suck.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 24 2008, 07:44 PM)

Absolutely.....it really is a perfect album, and you never get sick of hearing it. wub.gif