25 Worst Film Titles of All Time

Godeater2112

Santa with Muscles? Midnight Meat Train? Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust?

Ok, I like Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood and Pootie Tang.

The last one sounds like a bad Japanese translation.

Snakes on a Plane is the best one though. Really, it could only be better if they put "mothaf*ckin" in there.

Manos: Hands of Fate... laugh.gif , I just watched that on a MST3K DVD. Truly awful movie.

I'm guessing that any movie, hell anything, with the words "Hulk Hogan" in the title is going to suck donkey taint.

Here's a couple for the list:

- Body Snatchers from Hell: a 70's Japanese horror flick that was hilariously bad.

- 3 On A Meat Hook: 3 girls traveling alone, the car breaks down in the woods...you know the rest. Not scary, not bloody but damn funny in a bad, campy early 80's slasher-flick kinda way.

Edited by theredtamasrule

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 21 2008, 04:53 PM)
How did To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar not make the list?

Exactly. Also:

Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Highlander II: The Quickening

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

An Alan Smithee Film Burn Hollywood Burn

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 21 2008, 05:17 PM)

ohmy.gif That's the perfect title for that movie! Have you ever seen it?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2008, 05:24 PM)

Yes I have, and I liked the movie a lot (Gabrielle Anwar = drool1.gif). And even though the title fits the movie, I still think the title, by itself, is corny. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 21 2008, 05:29 PM)

Yes I have, and I liked the movie a lot (Gabrielle Anwar = drool1.gif). And even though the title fits the movie, I still think the title, by itself, is corny. wink.gif

Wow! I thought I was the only one who'd ever seen that one! Yes! Gabrielle Anwar is indeed amazingly hot! biggrin.gif

I agree that the title is corny, but I think it fits.

Also, don't you think 'Denver' has some awesome lines? "I am Godzilla! You are Japan!" "Your reputation far exceeds your skills Mammy-rammer!" Critical Bill FTW (as the kids say nowadays). laugh.gif

Oh, and what the heck, I'm taking the opportunity to post a pic of the lovely Ms. Anwar because I can! laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/GA.jpg

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2008, 05:38 PM)

Wow! I thought I was the only one who'd ever seen that one! Yes! Gabrielle Anwar is indeed amazingly hot! biggrin.gif

Also, don't you think 'Denver' has some awesome lines? "I am Godzilla! You are Japan!" "Your reputation far exceeds your skills Mammy-rammer!" Critical Bill FTW (as the kids say nowadays). laugh.gif

It's an underrated film, and I always wondered if the title scared people away. Definitely had some good lines in it, but some criticized it (along with "2 Days in the Valley") for trying too hard to be like "Pulp Fiction."

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 21 2008, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2008, 05:38 PM)

It's an underrated film, and I always wondered if the title scared people away. Definitely had some good lines in it, but some criticized it (along with "2 Days in the Valley") for trying too hard to be like "Pulp Fiction."

Yeah, I know, and it's unfair. In some ways 'Denver' is better than 'Pulp Fiction'.

Oh, and the currently available DVD version of the movie sucks rocks, it looks like a direct from video transfer. This title deserves a special edition, dammit!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 21 2008, 08:23 PM)
Am I the only one who disagrees with "Cinderella Man" being on the list for "bad titles"

(For obvious reasons)

No, I agree with you. But we are also Rush fans tongue.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 21 2008, 04:36 PM)
Surely these titles can't be serious

ph34r.gif

They ARE serious. And please...don't call me Shirley.

LOL - sorry...I HAD too laugh.gif wink.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. I thought about giving this one it's own thread, but no, it's not worthy. Hit the link if have some spare IQ points you don't mind losing.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 22 2008, 09:12 AM)
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. I thought about giving this one it's own thread, but no, it's not worthy. Hit the link if have some spare IQ points you don't mind losing.

I was ok until i watched the trailer and now suddenly i don't know who i am - scared.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 22 2008, 10:12 AM)

Would this film have happened without the influence of last year's Tarantino/Rodriguez "Grind House" flicks? Maybe not. Could make for a fun DVD rental. 1022.gif