M*A*S*H Lineup

lerxt1990

Which lineup was best, had best shows  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which lineup was best, had best shows

• Henry, Trapper, Hawkeye, Frank, Radar (clerk)
    • Potter, BJ, Hawkeye, Frank, Radar
    • Potter, BJ, Hawkeye, Charles, Radar
    • Potter, BJ, Hawkeye, Charles, Klinger (clerk)

BJ and Klinger make all the difference - no contest trink39.gif

I'm a sucker for the brief golden era with both Potter and Burns. Although, one of my favorite episodes is the early Harry Morgan guest appearance as a crazy general.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 2 2008, 11:56 PM)
BJ and Klinger make all the difference - no contest trink39.gif

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? laugh.gif

There were some great episodes with BJ, probably more than I can remember. I liked Klinger more after he stopped wearing dresses. But I'll always remember the, "Big red bird with fuzzy pink feet."

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jul 2 2008, 08:02 PM)
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/chrisfreeman32/9e58f3ed5ae518747e9afa26625linville.jpg

What a Douche Bag!!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif I cannot vote, I love them all. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Who was the guy who just dies this year? Or was it last year? unsure.gif

And btw I like all of MASH just fine I just love Honeycutt and Klinger. Klinger is the puss in all of us laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 3 2008, 02:03 AM)
Who was the guy who just dies this year? Or was it last year? unsure.gif

And btw I like all of MASH just fine I just love Honeycutt and Klinger. Klinger is the puss in all of us laugh.gif

MacLean Stevenson and Larry Linville both passed away, but that was back in the 1990's. Other than that, I don't know.

Remember when Klinger tried to prove he was crazy by eating a jeep?

Henry and Trapper were by far the best characters - They were naturally funny, whereas with BJ and Charles it felt like everything was scripted and kinda bland - Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jul 2 2008, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 3 2008, 12:02 AM)
I'm a sucker for the brief golden era with both Potter and Burns.  Although, one of my favorite episodes is the early Harry Morgan guest appearance as a crazy general.

"And now...a number!"

Love that Mississippi mud! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 3 2008, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jul 2 2008, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 3 2008, 12:02 AM)
I'm a sucker for the brief golden era with both Potter and Burns.  Although, one of my favorite episodes is the early Harry Morgan guest appearance as a crazy general.

"And now...a number!"

Love that Mississippi mud! rofl3.gif

"It's in your blood, boy! Just let it out!"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I did like how Blake was always so skittish around big brass types, while Potter had been in 2 other wars and had pretty much had his fill of cow-towing to higher ranks. I like Potter, Burns, BJ, Radar. There are some classic early ones though.

I loved the first few seasons of MASH. Henry was great and I liked Trapper much better than BJ. Klinger was also much better as the section 8 cross dresser. (He became too sane in the later episodes) Also as the series wore on it became too political for a comedy. Too many war monologues by Hawkeye. Too preachy and not very funny.

Any season with Radar! My first dog was name from this show and after Radar. On an episode, Col. Blake was calling Radar and the dog looked up and started wimmpering - Hence he was named Radar wub.gif - so I must cast my vote that way.

This was tougher than I thought.

Ya GOTTA have Radar, so that rules out the last choice.

I've never been a Henry fan, so that rules out the first choice.

I'm left with Potter/BJ choices, although Trapper was probably better than BJ. Unfortunately, to keep Trapper you have to keep Henry, and I'm not willing to make the trade.

Frank was a better foil and victim of pranks than Charles.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jul 3 2008, 09:59 AM)
I loved the first few seasons of MASH. Henry was great and I liked Trapper much better than BJ. Klinger was also much better as the section 8 cross dresser. (He became too sane in the later episodes) Also as the series wore on it became too political for a comedy. Too many war monologues by Hawkeye. Too preachy and not very funny.

Well, I guess since the war lasted for more than 10 years they kinda ran out of humorous war storylines. Not much else to do BUT monologues.

Potter, BJ, Hawkeye, Frank, Radar

I wish Trapper had stayed one more season - would've loved to see him with Potter.

After Frank left, it all started the downhill slide, IMO.