Dreams

tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 6 2008, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 6 2008, 04:23 AM)
Most terrifying however is a condition called Hypnopompic Paralysis, or more commonly known as sleep paralysis. I've experienced two episodes of sleep paralysis that I can remember. I can't remember the first episode, but the second episode was very scary - dreaming that I was actually awake and in my bed, and suddenly feeling a pair of arms beneath my body trying to pick me up - all the while not being able to move or shout.

It was enough to crap the bed.

Which I didn't.

The Japanese called it 'kanushivari'. And many of them believe that it isn't actually dream time but a paranormal experience often involving evil spirits (more than often an old witch) holding you down. I don't believe that bit. But I have had it happen to me and it's the most realistic dream experience ever. Such stuff takes nitemares to a whole new level. I've done a little reading on this and some believe it's a time when the body/mind is between sleeping & waking up or falling asleep & actually asleep. In addition, this experience apparently tends to happen when we're exhausted.

Don't know about the evil spirits, but that type of paralysis happens in the Delta 4 stage of sleeping. Typically when you dream it happens during the first two stages of sleep (alpha and beta waves) also called REM or rapid eye movement. Your waves are rather active. But the next two stages are Delta waves or brainwaves with little activity. To dream during this state and either wake up or have a nightmare is quite unusual but extremely intense. For those who have nightmares in this stage of sleep are called 'night terrors."

People who have suffered traumatic experiences, typically diagnosed as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, suffer from night terrors.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 6 2008, 11:28 AM)

People who have suffered traumatic experiences, typically diagnosed as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, suffer from night terrors.

Wow...

Maybe thats why I have some down right horrid dreams... unsure.gif

Ones I am not comfortable with even thinking about again.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 5 2008, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 5 2008, 10:28 AM)
I had a dream about vampires and horses.

In my dream, this vampire woman was sitting next to me, and to keep her from getting to Eric, I started making out with her because I had tried everything else (so said in my dream) to keep Eric safe.  She wanted to hurt him.  In this dream, we were in this field of horses.  Beautiful mares and foals that were galloping and playing in the field, and I could hear sportbikes in the distance. I still wouldn't advert my attention away from the vampire.  Even if it meant I could be killed or turned into a vampire myself.  I wanted to protect him.  I was scared to death.

Then, my alarm wakes up.

Sounds like pent up sexual energy that needs to be unharnessed and set free like wild horses.

ohmy.gif

a better world for my children to grow up in. really

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 5 2008, 10:28 AM)
In my dream, this vampire woman was sitting next to me, and to keep her from getting to Eric, I started making out with her because I had tried everything else (so said in my dream) to keep Eric safe.

Well you did what you had to do drool1.gif

A few nights ago, I dreamed about a female co-worker I'm attracted to. She's smart, attractive, has a great sense of humor and very flirty. She's 39, a divorced mother of two young girls. I'm 45, married with two teenagers. We've worked together only two years, but I regard her as one of my closest confidants at our office, sort of like a work spouse.

The dream opens at our office, where we're conversing about the usual topics - stuff involving her work, stuff involving my work and our bitching about management. Out of the blue, she mentions that she has a banquet to attend and wants me to join her. I agree, and suddenly we're in formal wear walking into a banquet hall. At the banquet we see people we come in contact with daily. As we're sitting together, we're joined at our table by a woman who looks exactly like my co-worker. The woman sits there and says nothing. The co-worker and I carry on at the banquet like we normally do at work. When the banquet ends, the co-worker and I are leaving the building, and we notice the similar-looking woman on a bus with a stern look on her face. My co-worker says she knows the woman, but adds she won't be joining us tonight. The co-worker gives me a look as if she has loving on her mind and, dang it, the dream ends there.

The next day, I'm talking to the co-worker, and she says she's taking some time off soon to visit her twin sister in another state. I didn't know she had a twin until then.

The other woman in the dream = my co-worker's twin sister/my wife?

I'm worried if I dream about my co-worker again, my wife is going to wake me and demand to know who in the hell is (the co-worker's name) and why am I saying her name in my sleep.

Ok, so I had a dream about the June 1st Rush concert.

We were there, getting all ready to go to the concert and I so vividly remember Eric, and a friend of mine named Carl. (he is like a father to me) and my Dad. When we got to the venue, there were these metal chairs and it was like a square dance hall they were playing in instead of Clark Co. ampitheater. Geddy's keyboards started on fire from the cords, and then his shirt caught on fire. They were rocking out like the old hair bands used too, and jumping around. They managed to put out the fire, and Geddy came out into the crowd and I got to shake his hand. There wasn't that many people there, but my whole family was there. I felt bad for our boys, and was cheering anyways, because I was just glad to be there. One of the stage crew said the donut guy passed on because of inhaling the smoke, and the crowd went quiet. The 'boys' were in a buffet line by then, serving airplanes made out of beef.

Then, thankfully, my alarm went off. The dream was just getting very odd. Those are the key details of it, but, there was a lot of little stuff too. Like, when I was getting ready, I had my old sportbike there, and I was sitting on it nekkid. ph34r.gif

I just had a weird dream where I was in a big book/CD shop with lots of floors and the were playing Mike Oldfield's The Wind Chimes and then Vigil by Fish...

laugh.gif

And I was just walking up and down the floors listening to those songs. tongue.gif

I think this was last night. For some reason I completely remembered my dream even though I was drunk.

I was in my new apartment room and I had a bunch of people over and we started trying to smoke my bong in the bathroom. Then for some reason I had a room mate (my apartment is going to be like the size of a box) so my friends and I moved out into the hallway. Then all the sudden the hallway turned in an airplane so I was like how the hell did we get a bong on to the plane? So we're running up and down the plane, and then it turns into a boat...

It's weird how all the changes seem normal, but then you think about it and it makes no sense. It bothers me that things will make perfect sense in a dream but when I wake up (if I remember the dream) it's not logical what so ever.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 5 2008, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 5 2008, 11:20 PM)
Too inappropriate to be discussed here  wink.gif

Wet dreams?

No,

f***ing Freddy Krueger

http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/news/040628/fkrueger.jpg

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 30 2008, 07:43 PM)
I just remembered that I had a dream that I was married to Marie Osmond. wacko.gif No lie.

huh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 6 2008, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 6 2008, 11:28 AM)

Wow...

Maybe thats why I have some down right horrid dreams... unsure.gif

Ones I am not comfortable with even thinking about again.

3 out of 4 of my kids suffered from night terrors. My 2 year old still does. They are very scary to go though with children.

The 2 older ones had their adnoids removed and with in 3 weeks of the surgery the night terrors stopped.

The 2 year old is still to young to think about this route right now. So right now I just talk softy to her until she lets me in that night terror world and lets me help her get out.

Night terros aren't usually remembered - nightmares are!, and usually continue.

The other night I had this messed up dream that I was pregnant... so I'm scared to death because I really don't want kids... so I give birth to this little thing that's still in it's sack. So, I'm holding this thing in my hand for a while (it's normal to give birth to this in my dream) and then it grows out of it's sack and turns into the leathery-looking baby thing. So I ask my mom if it's dead, and she's like I don't know. So we goto the E.R. and the nurse doesn't know if it's dead or if it's normal to look like that, and then all these doctors come into the room to look at it, then I wake up.

That was a nightmare! I almost thought I had a baby when I woke up.

Last night I had this dream that these randoms were over at my house and one of them gave me a joint that was the size of my arm! I was like wow, and went and smoked it in my room. I don't remember what happened in between, but for some reason in my dream I was explaining to my boyfriend's parents the scar on my stomach from my surface piercing (I actually had) and I was showing them the bar-bell that went in there, and I some how managed to shove it back in. Then it started rejecting AGAIN and I couldn't get it out, so it completely rejected, then my belly button piercing started rejecting so I'm bleeding and my belly looks even more scarred up... that's all I remember. I miss that piercing sad.gif . Everyone has their belly button pierced but who the hell has a surface piercing.

Archived