Dreams

tupelobarchetta

Don't know if a thread like this has been created earlier, but here's one to post on about your dreams. Not the goals and wish you have when you're awake, but the unusual and interesting scenes that play out in our heads when we're resting. Post what you've been dreaming of recently and even psycho-analyze someone else's dream posts.

I'll start off with this ...

A recent dream I had actually happened over two nights. The first was me going through a dress rehersal for an off-Broadway play. I had a minor role with only a few lines, maybe no more than three. I was either a stagehand or usher in the play, and for the role I had to go into the audience - like an usher - and mingle with the audience. The dress rehersal went fine and I looked forward to the performance -- and that was the end of the dream.

Two nights later, I had the second part of the play dream. This time, it was showtime in front of full audience. But before the play began, I panicked because I couldn't remember my lines. And when it came time during the performance for me to speak, I blew my lines. I grabbed a script to keep up with the lines and was standing next to the stage when one of the female leads in the play said an ad libbed line something like "and even the person who can't remember his lines" and looked at me. The audience laughed and I was embarrassed. During the first intermission, I went to the dressing room, changed into my regular clothes and quit the play. Someone tried to convince me to stay, but I had to get out of there. I think I wound up in a bar -- and the dream ended.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ May 4 2008, 04:12 PM)
Don't know if a thread like this has been created earlier, but here's one to post on about your dreams. Not the goals and wish you have when you're awake, but the unusual and interesting scenes that play out in our heads when we're resting. Post what you've been dreaming of recently and even psycho-analyze someone else's dream posts.

I'll start off with this ...

A recent dream I had actually happened over two nights. The first was me going through a dress rehersal for an off-Broadway play. I had a minor role with only a few lines, maybe no more than three. I was either a stagehand or usher in the play, and for the role I had to go into the audience - like an usher - and mingle with the audience. The dress rehersal went fine and I looked forward to the performance -- and that was the end of the dream.

Two nights later, I had the second part of the play dream. This time, it was showtime in front of full audience. But before the play began, I panicked because I couldn't remember my lines. And when it came time during the performance for me to speak, I blew my lines. I grabbed a script to keep up with the lines and was standing next to the stage when one of the female leads in the play said an ad libbed line something like "and even the person who can't remember his lines" and looked at me. The audience laughed and I was embarrassed. During the first intermission, I went to the dressing room, changed into my regular clothes and quit the play. Someone tried to convince me to stay, but I had to get out of there. I think I wound up in a bar -- and the dream ended.

Alright you asked for it.... wink.gif

You like being a part of something big (whether it be at work or in your social life)...but not too big hence the OFF-Broadway play NOT Broadway play. And you don't like to be the main person responsible in such big events. This is the reason for the usher role that you had. You're very conscientious about what you do. Some people might even say too much. And when someone in a higher position or that's more respected than you gets down on you, it hits you hard (the female lead in your dream that pointed you out is the higher position character). It's to the point where you want to just find a hole and bury yourself in it. (Straight from your dream where you left the play). That 'someone' in your dream that tried to get you to stay is yourself telling you to give it another shot. If that 'someone' in the dream were someone you recognized in your real life then I would've said that that person is very supportive and often gives you a kind word. In the end (in the dream that is) you defeat yourself and hide away in a bar.

That's 1 interpretation of your dream anyways. My other interpretation is this: you're easily embarassed and tuck away a lot of shame.

But then again, what the hell do I know? trink38.gif

btw, there is another dream thread out there but it's all good. i like this stuff smile.gif

Last night I had a dream that T and I came home from being out somewhere. We were all dressed up.

When we got home, the lights were all on, and an ex-buddy of mine and his wife were sitting in our kitchen. It was almost exactly a year since I spoken to them.

They were both alarmed to see us, and it was obvious they had broken into the house. They just said they wanted to say hi and they left quickly.

I noticed Ryan's toys were all spread out around the kitchen. For those who know a bit about electronics, I saw little drops of dried solder on the kitchen tiles. I also smelled the flux from the solder work, so obviously someone was using a solder rod..

Ryan's Fisher Price train looked like it was tampered with. I put it outside, and minutes later, it exploded.

I then noticed some of the electrical wires were pulled out and marretted from the drywall (more tampering).

The home alarm company called us to check on us because they had signals of electrical tampering. They said the police were on their way. Oh and they tried to sell me better alarm services too.

I called my buddy Dave to warn him our ex-buddy may have visited his house while he is out. I warned him to not turn on any lights or anything until I talk to the police.

Oh and I was asleep on my stomach and both arms were asleep. It took a lot of struggling to get up.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 4 2008, 10:08 PM)
Last night I had a dream that T and I came home from being out somewhere. We were all dressed up.

When we got home, the lights were all on, and an ex-buddy of mine and his wife were sitting in our kitchen. It was almost exactly a year since I spoken to them.

They were both alarmed to see us, and it was obvious they had broken into the house. They just said they wanted to say hi and they left quickly.

I noticed Ryan's toys were all spread out around the kitchen. For those who know a bit about electronics, I saw little drops of dried solder on the kitchen tiles. I also smelled the flux from the solder work, so obviously someone was using a solder rod..

Ryan's Fisher Price train looked like it was tampered with. I put it outside, and minutes later, it exploded.

I then noticed some of the electrical wires were pulled out and marretted from the drywall (more tampering).

The home alarm company called us to check on us because they had signals of electrical tampering. They said the police were on their way. Oh and they tried to sell me better alarm services too.

I called my buddy Dave to warn him our ex-buddy may have visited his house while he is out. I warned him to not turn on any lights or anything until I talk to the police.

Oh and I was asleep on my stomach and both arms were asleep. It took a lot of struggling to get up.

Very interesting. But this wasn't really a dream. It was a reality that you do not wish to acknowledge. laugh.gif trink38.gif

Last night:

I dreamed that my class reunion was meeting once a week for a long period of time. I remember that several us were joking around that one guy in our class used to extend his arms on both sides on the auditorium chairs making it hard for anyone to sit on either side of him in front in Chemistry class.

I was in a cafe or restaurant and I look across the restaurant to another table and see that a former friend of mine, Sandi, had undergone a sex change (from woman to man). She still looked the same except she had a beard. I remember thinking that if she shaved it off she'll still look the same.

I dreamed also about the show "Alice". Somehow Mel was quitting the diner and leaving it for Alice to manage even though Flo and Vera had been working there longer, but they didn't seem to mind that Alice was taking over.

Oh, and someone had gone sailing out into the sea and became lost. We couldn't contact this person on the radio so we assumed the worst had happened.

QUOTE (missionman @ May 4 2008, 02:36 AM)
I wouldn't know to start to type out one of the weird dreams I've had.

ditto! laugh.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 4 2008, 08:08 AM)

Seems like you have concerns about being secure or something intruding your life that could tear things apart and can't be easily repaired.

I love the dreams where I get molested by about a dozen or so beautiful naked women.

Then, for some reason, just as the dream reaches the high point, I always wake up.....usually by the alarm or some other noise.

ph34r.gif

OK, I'll preface this by stating that I have A LOT of very vivid and strange dreams these days (or nights). I started taking an SSRI a few months ago and this is one side effect.

Anyway, I dreamed that I had a large, protuberant growth coming out of the back of my head. Sort of like a unicorn horn, only shorter and, as I said, in the back. Most of the dream dealt with trying to hide it and figuring out what to do about getting it removed.

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 4 2008, 12:23 PM)
I love the dreams where I get molested by about a dozen or so beautiful naked women.

Then, for some reason, just as the dream reaches the high point, I always wake up.....usually by the alarm or some other noise.

ph34r.gif

Well, if all those women truly loved you they'll be back tonight. laugh.gif wink.gif

Yeah, there has been a thread like this, but it's gone back a bit now, though. tongue.gif

I remember Hare analyzing one of my dreams very well. trink39.gif

I haven't had any interesting ones lately though.

I had this really messed up dream the other night... I usually wake up a few times during the night now because I cut back on the dope... but anyways I get a bunch of short dreams...

One of them was I was with my family in a grocery store and we were with a 'family friend' (who doesn't exist in real life, just in dream land) who happens so be this strange homeless man. So we go grocery shopping and the hobo is 'loosely' threatening to kill my sister... 'I'm going to kill you sometime'... then as we're exiting the grocery store the hobo is like 'Okay I'm going to kill myself.' so he takes out this weird looking gun that kind of looks like a pipe and turns to a crowd of people in the store and starts yelling stuff at them and I tell my sister to run with me, and we left the store and he blows his brains out. We hopped on this bus/trolley thing and wait outside the store with our parents, and everyone looked terrified and was running out of the store. My mom was crying and kept saying she wanted to go see the hobo to say goodbye, but I was like there is no way you're going in there, it will be disgusting and you'll be scarred for life and she was threatening to kill your daughter, he was an asshole.

Then I woke up again...

I also had this STRANGE dream a while ago where I woke up from a dream and I was in another dream and my parents were sitting at the end of my bed crying. I was like 'Why are you crying?' and they can't get the words out for a while then my mom finally says, 'We found a condom!' I'm thinking who the hell cares why did you wake me up for this. Then my dads like, 'Someone broke in the house and left it here...' I was like wow this is way to strange I hope I actually wake up this time... and then I really did wake up.

I had a dream about vampires and horses.

In my dream, this vampire woman was sitting next to me, and to keep her from getting to Eric, I started making out with her because I had tried everything else (so said in my dream) to keep Eric safe. She wanted to hurt him. In this dream, we were in this field of horses. Beautiful mares and foals that were galloping and playing in the field, and I could hear sportbikes in the distance. I still wouldn't advert my attention away from the vampire. Even if it meant I could be killed or turned into a vampire myself. I wanted to protect him. I was scared to death.

Then, my alarm wakes up.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 5 2008, 10:28 AM)

In my dream, this vampire woman was sitting next to me, and to keep her from getting to Eric, I started making out with her because I had tried everything else (so said in my dream) to keep Eric safe. She wanted to hurt him. In this dream, we were in this field of horses. Beautiful mares and foals that were galloping and playing in the field, and I could hear sportbikes in the distance. I still wouldn't advert my attention away from the vampire. Even if it meant I could be killed or turned into a vampire myself. I wanted to protect him. I was scared to death.

Then, my alarm wakes up.

Sounds like pent up sexual energy that needs to be unharnessed and set free like wild horses.

I never dream about hot women and never have those kind of dreams at all (my dreams are usually just...weird), but finally I did the other night!! Ha ha and she was exactly like Aria Giovanni (who apparantly is some kind of "glamour model"). Anyway not only was she in my dream but I got it on with her, well I kissed her a few times anyway, which is better than a kick in the dick even in a dream. There was more to it than that though, as usual with my dreams there was a rich storyline with a lot of complex things going on all at the same time but I can't remember them now, all I can remember is Aria...

wub.gif

laugh.gif

Most terrifying however is a condition called Hypnopompic Paralysis, or more commonly known as sleep paralysis. I've experienced two episodes of sleep paralysis that I can remember. I can't remember the first episode, but the second episode was very scary - dreaming that I was actually awake and in my bed, and suddenly feeling a pair of arms beneath my body trying to pick me up - all the while not being able to move or shout.

It was enough to crap the bed.

Which I didn't.

I'll tell you this, ever since I stopped smoking weed my dreams have been extremely vivid and memorable. I actually look forward to going to sleep just to see what bizarre dreams I will experience next.

I had a very realistic dream recently, I opened the door to my vehicle, and my sunglasses fell off the driver's seat, on to the ground, and broke. That's all I remember.

The next morning (in reality); I left for work, got in my vehicle, and was VERY surprised to see my sunglasses in tact, on my seat. I seriously thought I had broken them the previous day.

Strange how my brain filed that one away as a real memory.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 6 2008, 04:23 AM)
Most terrifying however is a condition called Hypnopompic Paralysis, or more commonly known as sleep paralysis. I've experienced two episodes of sleep paralysis that I can remember. I can't remember the first episode, but the second episode was very scary - dreaming that I was actually awake and in my bed, and suddenly feeling a pair of arms beneath my body trying to pick me up - all the while not being able to move or shout.

It was enough to crap the bed.

Which I didn't.

The Japanese called it 'kanushivari'. And many of them believe that it isn't actually dream time but a paranormal experience often involving evil spirits (more than often an old witch) holding you down. I don't believe that bit. But I have had it happen to me and it's the most realistic dream experience ever. Such stuff takes nitemares to a whole new level. I've done a little reading on this and some believe it's a time when the body/mind is between sleeping & waking up or falling asleep & actually asleep. In addition, this experience apparently tends to happen when we're exhausted.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 5 2008, 09:28 AM)

In my dream, this vampire woman was sitting next to me, and to keep her from getting to Eric, I started making out with her because I had tried everything else (so said in my dream) to keep Eric safe.  She wanted to hurt him.  In this dream, we were in this field of horses.  Beautiful mares and foals that were galloping and playing in the field, and I could hear sportbikes in the distance. I still wouldn't advert my attention away from the vampire.  Even if it meant I could be killed or turned into a vampire myself.  I wanted to protect him.  I was scared to death.

Then, my alarm wakes up.

Vampires and horses ... Those are topics my wife might dream about. She has four horses and goes on occasional trail rides. She also enjoys reading vampire-themed fiction, the latest being Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton.

Ok the latest dream was very detailed and lasted for what seemed like YEARS...

Apparently I got some kind of a "job" (I'm only guessig about this) working in some rich guy's castle and what a castle! I have no idea what job I was doing (I never see myself in dreams they're always like real life ie first person) but I got to watch a TON of sword fighting in this huge chamber with a great wooden floor. Women were in there fighting too (in case you wondered). Anyway for most of the dream I just watched the sword battles and didn't engage in them myself. I did get to see more or less every inch of the castle and it was ancient but with modern additions.

Eventually I did a little sword fencing myself but before I could get going I finally found out what the castle was really about. It was used to shield witnesses from (apparent) mob guys and unfortunately for me the mob had just found out about the castle and had targeted it for destruction. Towards the end everyone was getting killed one by one and the "owner" the big boss guy, the host, he died by one of his own swords then fell off the side of the castle to the ground below, though at this point the place was starting to look more like a huge warehouse - that's dreams for you. So there we were in this castle for years with people I seemed to know but didn't, if you know what I mean, and there we were getting knocked off person by person.

The first I realised about all this was when this new guy arrived and right away acted like some kind of mob informer and it was him that the mob was really after. I have no idea what country I was in btw. Anyway he made the whole lot of us nervous. I remember driving around somewhere with this guy and him telling me a load of stuff that semed to be revelatory, but it totally escapes my memory now. I think he got killed though later. He looked like one of those nameless actors on TV that you know really well by face but you never do know their name.

Anyway I woke up well before any kind of resolution but needless to say it wasn't going very well. Still my overiding images of the dream were the castle and the sword fighting on that perfect wooden floor that never seemed to get scratched or otherwise damaged. I'll never see that castle again...

fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

Archived