A special Birthday wish

Pags

This means a great deal to me. Thanks to all of you for your kind words. It sure helps on days like this.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sad.gif That actually made me a bit teary eyed. I hope you find peace and solace today paganoman.

Wow, that just touched me in a strong way Pags, i know how you feel, i lost my Mom 3 yrs ago and there isn't a day that goes by when i'm not thinking about her and the sound of her voice....Your a good man Pags and i'm very sure your mom is looking down and watching over you and your family.... smile.gif

My mum died well before her time too Pags. I know what its like to have no mum. I was 18 at the time. Lilya's mum died of cancer too, about 13 years ago.

Happy birthday to your mum, she is watching over you smile.gif

In sharing your mom's memory with us, we each absorb a small piece of her special goodness. I thank you for that privilege. You are fortunate to have had such a special relationship, and your inspirational words make me cherish the loving bond I have with my own mom.

heart.gif rose.gif

Awesome tribute Pags. I so know these feelings. Every moment of my children's lives makes me miss my own father more and more. It's been 33 years and not a day goes by I don't think of him. My mom will be joining him shortly i fear and I really don't know what i'll do then, but seeing your strength and beautiful words of rememberance have given me strength as well. I was touched deeply by your words and offer my condolences and an ear for you to talk to anytime you need. Take care my friend.

ken

Pags...You mother must be proud to know what a righteous, caring family man you've become.

She is watching you, from up there, and thinking how sweet that you still are touched by the presence she had in your life.

This is a wonderful tribute to her, made even more so by your ability to touch all of us with it.

Thanks, man.

smile.gif

smile.gif Pags that was very touching and you really do have a special relationship with your mum she will be in your thought and prayers forevermore and we all will be here for you. trink39.gif

This morning started out as any other. Kids were late getting out of the house - hurrying them along. Was in a good enough mood - even had some bantering and giggling before heading out to work.

But then at some given moment in my car ride, it all suddenly changed and without warning. It's Mom's Birthday!!

Oh... it's mom's birthday. Another one without her.

And I got angry.

Angry for all of us who got cheated out of getting to spend more of our lives with her. Angry for my girls who'll never get to know her. Ever. Angry for all those times we as parents could have used her advice and guidance with what to do when it's day 15 of a high fever and we're getting no help from our f***ing doctors.

Just Angry. Jealous of the whole world. And feeling sorry for myself. I hate it, and it sucks.

I want her back. I want her here. I want to talk to my mother. I want to hear her voice, and see her face. I want her to be able to see my house, and my family, and be a part of what she helped to accomplish by believing in me. And it's never going happen. That makes me angry.

It takes me kicking myself in the ass to get myself out of that frame of mind, and I've become rather good at it. But hey, I can't keep my chin up 100% of the time. I have my moments, and during that car ride this morning, I sure had one.

I guess those self pity feelings have passed for now, but typing about it at this moment is bringing some of it back. Gritting my teeth in spite of it to keep it from overtaking me as I sit at my desk. It's working.

So... once again - Happy Birthday, Mom. I hope you can sense somehow that you're on my mind. I miss you. We all do.

rose.gif

wow pags....

i can so relate to how you feel eh?

my mom passed away when i was 10..

and being a female, i know you can't relate to how much a young girl needs a mother in her life...

but the anger, hurt, pain and frustration of not having her in my life...30 years later is still there....

my heart goes out to you today....

just know that she is still with you....she has seen everything you've accomplished in your life...

she gives you the signs that she is watching....

you just have to look for them....

awww....

hugs to you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/thhug.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 26 2007, 04:15 PM)
This morning started out as any other. Kids were late getting out of the house - hurrying them along. Was in a good enough mood - even had some bantering and giggling before heading out to work.

But then at some given moment in my car ride, it all suddenly changed and without warning. It's Mom's Birthday!!

Oh... it's mom's birthday. Another one without her.

And I got angry.

Angry for all of us who got cheated out of getting to spend more of our lives with her. Angry for my girls who'll never get to know her. Ever. Angry for all those times we as parents could have used her advice and guidance with what to do when it's day 15 of a high fever and we're getting no help from our f***ing doctors.

Just Angry. Jealous of the whole world. And feeling sorry for myself. I hate it, and it sucks.

I want her back. I want her here. I want to talk to my mother. I want to hear her voice, and see her face. I want her to be able to see my house, and my family, and be a part of what she helped to accomplish by believing in me. And it's never going happen. That makes me angry.

It takes me kicking myself in the ass to get myself out of that frame of mind, and I've become rather good at it. But hey, I can't keep my chin up 100% of the time. I have my moments, and during that car ride this morning, I sure had one.

I guess those self pity feelings have passed for now, but typing about it at this moment is bringing some of it back. Gritting my teeth in spite of it to keep it from overtaking me as I sit at my desk. It's working.

So... once again - Happy Birthday, Mom. I hope you can sense somehow that you're on my mind. I miss you. We all do.

rose.gif

very touching pags

rose.gif

Pags,

I am so sorry for your loss.

I know that certain times hit us

harder than others such as Birthdays.

The anger you feel is the same anger I

feel when I think about the things that I

wasn't able to share with my Dad. I feel

your pain.

You know that she IS a huge part of who

you have become and you are showing

that to her each and everyday the way that

you and Denise are raising those beautiful girls.

SHE IS PROUD!!! yes.gif

She raised a son that is AMAZING!!!

He cares about his family.

He cares about his friends.

He cares about his community and tries to

make a diffeerence.

He goes out of his way to help others.

And let's not forget...

HE BAKES!!! wink.gif

I'm so sure that you are everything that your

Mom could ever want in a son and she is with you

always.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Think thoughts of those card games and try to

remember... She is always in your heart.gif and

watching over you.

rose.gif

This is a poem that I shared

with my son a couple years back and I thought

you'd enjoy it.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/ceejspics/son.jpg

rose.gif

Pags I feel for you!

My mom got alzimhers 10 yrs ago and now she is in the final stages... she doesn't know who we are and gets hard to go to her ...

and the in despair I force myself to endure her pain and then she gives me a percious gift... a smile and a touch and I have a glimpsy of what she once was and I long for it, for every moment to be like this...

I take the good days like they are gold since they are very few now...

I still have my mom and yet she is gone too...

I too hate having to learn how to do things without her... to go for a surgery that All I wished for was her hand to help me through my fears...those secret fears only moms know that are there ... and this time I did it alone with tears in my eyes and heart...

Pags although my mom is not gone from this world in body ... I feel your loss now ...

I wish a happy birthday to your mom and to her memories

Good luck and prayers are with you today

rose.gif heart.gif rose.gif

Pag's You are in my Prayer's & Thoughts Be Strong She raised a Great Son & is watching you every day ! She is So Proud of You !! wink.gif

I Lost my Mother 5 years ago so I know the pain sad.gif ,On her Anniversary I dedicated a Post to her in my Thread the Mamogram One It helped me it did wink.gif . But you know what I did a few days ago & I haven't told a soul but will tell you ...I just took her Phone # off speed dial at Home . Man that was also hard !....But I know She was there saying it's time . Be strong !

Happy Birthday To your Mom Pag's & I will keep you & your's in my Prayer's .

A Little something from me to you http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/1A.gif

Archived