Actresses of the Past

lerxt1990

Good to know that the men of this fourm have some class, and are not so into the botoxed siliconed anorectics of today - entertainers have become cartoon characters.

I love looking at magazine covers today, where they have a person on the cover who obviously should have wrinkles or lines, because they are 10-30 years older than I am but instead they look like they've been sandblasted. waffen093.gif

I'm suprised Sophia Loren is not up here. Oh well.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone already said Elizabeth Taylor (in her day), but I love her in this slip...

http://www.moviemaidens.com/photos/full/3-1050-elizabeth%2031.jpg

Yes, I was just about to get to her. She's still hot today, at 74.

http://www.moviemaidens.com/photos/full/4-1089-sophia(1).jpg

Also, just about everybody from this site: http://www.moviemaidens.com

"Jane Russell, starlet. Full-figured then, full-figured now." wink.gif

http://www.moviemaidens.com/photos/full/4-1094-JRussell3.jpg

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 8 2008, 10:31 AM)

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/071017/hottiewomen/gardner_l.jpg

That is a beautiful woman.

I can't believe I've forgotten this woman... still one of my very favorites... Ann-Margret!

http://www.cigarintel.com/agency/wp-content/uploads/Annbw.jpg

http://www.117thahc.org/PICTURES/am4.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z90/ChrisHogwood/AnnMargretandOtis.jpg

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 8 2008, 03:29 PM)
I can't believe I've forgotten this woman... still one of my very favorites... Ann-Margret!

http://www.cigarintel.com/agency/wp-content/uploads/Annbw.jpg

http://www.117thahc.org/PICTURES/am4.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z90/ChrisHogwood/AnnMargretandOtis.jpg

Tommys Mother! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 8 2008, 10:03 AM)
What I love about these women is that they're not skin and bones. I guess Audrey Hepburn was pretty thin, but she was naturally petite, and it suited her. The other women weren't ashamed of their curves.

I wish it was still like that today. Those of us who aren't stick figures would like it a lot better.

here is a secret. the guys I know all agree 100%! with your post. We don't want to see those skin and bones girls either. Sir Mix-a-lot had it right.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 8 2008, 04:12 PM)

yes she is fantastic.

she even had ol' Blue Eyes wrapped around her little finger.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 8 2008, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 8 2008, 04:12 PM)

yes she is fantastic.

she even had ol' Blue Eyes wrapped around her little finger.

and Mickey Rooney (her first hubby) and Artie Shaw (her second hubby)

QUOTE (librarian @ Apr 8 2008, 03:47 PM)
Good to know that the men of this fourm have some class, and are not so into the botoxed siliconed anorectics of today - entertainers have become cartoon characters.

I love looking at magazine covers today, where they have a person on the cover who obviously should have wrinkles or lines, because they are 10-30 years older than I am but instead they look like they've been sandblasted. waffen093.gif

I recently made a post in the That's It thread advocating less silicone and more reality. So I agree 100% I can't stand giant implants. I feel sorry for guys (and the girls) that have grown up with nothing but images of implants. I wonder if they're disappointed the first time they get a dose of reality. I hope not.

We need more ladies in Hollywood like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

An angry Jennifer Love Hewitt is defending her curves after photos of her in a bikini were ridiculed on the Internet. "I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized," the 28-year-old actress writes on her Web site.

"To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

The photos show Hewitt, with a bit of cellulite, on a Hawaii beach with her new fiance, Scottish actor Ross McCall.

Several sites posted the shots, along with some less-than-complimentary comments. TMZ.com, for example, said, "We know what you ate this summer, Love everything!"

"A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be," Hewitt responded in a post Thursday. "And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful."

"What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles," says the star of TV's "Ghost Whisperer" and the film "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

"To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist," she wrote, "put on a bikini put it on and stay strong."
Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 9 2008, 08:21 AM)
"To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist," she wrote, "put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." 

To all the girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist... we love you!! heart.gif

Especially when the alternative is an anorexic-looking Lara Flynn Boyle.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2008, 09:44 AM)

Laura Flynn Boyle is a conservative. wink.gif You musta known.

She looked fine in Poltergeist III.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 9 2008, 08:53 AM)

No, I didn't know that. I was criticizing her underfed body, not her politics.

Let's not get this bumped to SOCN.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 9 2008, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2008, 09:44 AM)

She looked fine in Poltergeist III.

Dude, you know we don't get political in this forum. Be cool.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2008, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 9 2008, 08:53 AM)
Laura Flynn Boyle is a conservative.  wink.gif  You musta known.

No, I didn't know that. I was criticizing her underfed body, not her politics.

Let's not get this bumped to SOCN.

Yeah, what he said.

An angry Jennifer Love Hewitt is defending her curves after photos of her in a bikini were ridiculed on the Internet. "I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized," the 28-year-old actress writes on her Web site.

"To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

The photos show Hewitt, with a bit of cellulite, on a Hawaii beach with her new fiance, Scottish actor Ross McCall.

Several sites posted the shots, along with some less-than-complimentary comments. TMZ.com, for example, said, "We know what you ate this summer, Love everything!"

"A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be," Hewitt responded in a post Thursday. "And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful."

"What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles," says the star of TV's "Ghost Whisperer" and the film "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

I think I posted this in NWW a while back - the story is dated Dec. 2007.

While I DO admire her for what she's ultimately trying to say here...she's also slipping in that "a size 2 is not fat!" Well, duh! A size 2 is TINY.

To get some perspective, I read somewhere once that Marilyn Monroe was about a size 12 or even 14. See the difference?

Nobody would call someone who's a size 2 fat. If Jennifer's a size 2, then I'm a size 6. laugh.gif And I ain't!

The point is, she looks GREAT and there was no need to mention being a size 2. To me, saying that she is a VERY small size like that takes away from her message, just a bit.

Back to the lovely ladies now. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 9 2008, 10:22 AM)

While I DO admire her for what she's ultimately trying to say here...she's also slipping in that "a size 2 is not fat!" Well, duh! A size 2 is TINY.

To get some perspective, I read somewhere once that Marilyn Monroe was about a size 12 or even 14. See the difference?

Nobody would call someone who's a size 2 fat. If Jennifer's a size 2, then I'm a size 6. laugh.gif And I ain't!

The point is, she looks GREAT and there was no need to mention being a size 2. To me, saying that she is a VERY small size like that takes away from her message, just a bit.

I see. Sorry about that. blush4.gif

I'm afraid I don't know women's sizes all that well.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 9 2008, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 9 2008, 10:22 AM)

I see. Sorry about that. blush4.gif

I'm afraid I don't know women's sizes all that well.

No worries, Jack! It's still at heart a good message.

smile.gif

Actresses seem to be getting smaller and smaller. It makes me wonder when we're going to see a backlash?

Jack, today's "average" woman wears probably a size 14-16. I'm guessing. A size 2 is tiny. Teensy tiny.

The last time I was a size 2, I was probably about 2. tongue.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 9 2008, 09:54 AM)
IS Raquel to young for this group?
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/raquel12ni4.jpg

I hope not. I love her. And like Sophia, she still looks terrific - at 67!