Why is there No Men's Section on TRF?

snowdogged

First of all I would just like to make it clear that I am not trying to be sexist or anything. Just as there is a"New World Women" section to the forum, I think the men should have a section where they can discuss guy things(Like a good looking woman you saw in a movie or just anything else that men talk about.). Of course the women would be welcome to join in but it would be understood that it was a guy talk section. If threads like this were created in any other part of the forum it would probably be considered sexist. It's just a thought. I'd like to hear what other people think of it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you notice there is a thread for posting pic's of 'hunks' for the ladies to drool over.

I attempted to start a similar parallel thread for the guys, but it fell like a lead balloon. laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Apr 5 2008, 10:17 AM)
If you notice there is a thread for posting pic's of 'hunks' for the ladies to drool over.

I attempted to start a similar parallel thread for the guys, but it fell like a lead balloon. laugh.gif

Circumstantial tree is probably the only one amongst you men that would drool over hunks.

I think because Rush has a fan base of predominantly men, there is no need for a mens section on the board in my opinion. I am just very thankfull we have so many beautifull, knowledgeable women fans on the board wub.gif and they deserve there own forum to drool over the 3 old men they were never any good looking to begin with. doh.gif

Just kidding ladies, you know tick loves you all ! heart.gif rose.gif atickhum.gif

YEAH!

Ya'll got the whole freakin board

what'd ya need your own special section for???

eyesre4.gif b_sigh.gif

What would be the harm? Then threads like "That's It" and "Babes for Troutman" could be moved there. And any discussion that is not fit for mixed company could take place there as well. That way, there's be no inadvertant reading of questionable material by anyone.

I think we're on to something here. We have "New World Women," now we are demanding "Digital Men!!!"

We created the NWW section because we believe that female Rush fans are unique.

Rush's fan base has been (and still is) predominately male, so we felt that the brilliant and fabulous women who are into Rush should have a special area.

You guys don't seem to have any problem doing your "guy stuff" in the main forum or the subforums.

As far as you not having threads to drool over females? I believe Lonestar mentioned the "That's It" and "Troutman's Babes" threads...take a look and enjoy all the lovely ladies and their cosmetic work. laugh.gif

However, I'm the lone female amongst the admins/mods, so if my charming and gentlemanly co-workers think this is a good idea, I can deal with that, too.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 5 2008, 08:03 AM)
confused13.gif I don't feel a void. The lovely ladies of Rush get a special section cause they're special. biggrin.gif

There is absolutely no doubting that the ladies in this forum are fine special people and without them this forum would seriously be lacking personality and taste. It was just a thought that crossed my mind and I wanted to see what other people thought.

laugh.gif Hey , I'm not giving up my Surfer Babe thread for anyone no.gif Hang on a minute, where has it gone confused13.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Apr 5 2008, 08:12 AM)
laugh.gif Hey , I'm not giving up my Surfer Babe thread for anyone no.gif Hang on a minute, where has it gone confused13.gif

Nobody's talking about taking anything away, DS. No worries there. smile.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 5 2008, 06:09 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 5 2008, 08:03 AM)
confused13.gif  I don't feel a void. The lovely ladies of Rush get a special section cause they're special.  biggrin.gif

There is absolutely no doubting that the ladies in this forum are fine special people and without them this forum would seriously be lacking personality and taste. It was just a thought that crossed my mind and I wanted to see what other people thought.

I think it's a great idea! I would be curious though about how much activity you'd really see there. I know that the hot chick picture thread would still thrive but what kinds of other threads do you have in mind? Over in NWW, we talk about diet and exercise, chocolate, makeup, bath products...

I almost shudder to think about what men would talk about. Although I sort of want to be enlightened.

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Apr 5 2008, 08:46 AM)
We have "New World Women," now we are demanding "Digital Men!!!"

We don't need Digital MEN. I think one of us is quite enough. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 5 2008, 08:53 AM)

Exactly, Rush chicks rock!!!

Face it guys we're a dime-a-dozen. rofl3.gif

Rush's fan base has been (and still is) predominately male, so we felt that the brilliant and fabulous women who are into Rush should have a special area.

You guys don't seem to have any problem doing your "guy stuff" in the main forum or the subforums.

As far as you not having threads to drool over females? I believe Lonestar mentioned the "That's It" and "Troutman's Babes" threads...take a look and enjoy all the lovely ladies and their cosmetic work. laugh.gif

However, I'm the lone female amongst the admins/mods, so if my charming and gentlemanly co-workers think this is a good idea, I can deal with that, too.

What she said. yes.gif

I'm not saying a men's section is a bad idea, but I just don't think we need one.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 5 2008, 08:54 AM)

As far as you not having threads to drool over females?  I believe Lonestar mentioned the "That's It" and "Troutman's Babes" threads...take a look and enjoy all the lovely ladies and their cosmetic work.  laugh.gif

What she said. yes.gif

I'm not saying a men's section is a bad idea, but I just don't think we need one.

Well, how about a section named something like "Tasteless Topics". It would pretty much be the same thing. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 5 2008, 10:15 AM)

As far as you not having threads to drool over females?  I believe Lonestar mentioned the "That's It" and "Troutman's Babes" threads...take a look and enjoy all the lovely ladies and their cosmetic work.  laugh.gif

What she said. yes.gif

Well, how about a section named something like "Tasteless Topics". It would pretty much be the same thing. biggrin.gif

Yeah, we NEED a men's only section. After we move the few threads dedicated to hot babes, I'm sure there will be page after page of threads created by us guys dealing with men's issues.

"Prostate trouble" and "Gravity - it's coming for ya" for the aging male members

"Look, it's growing" and "Should there be this much hair?" for the younger dudes

"The Bitch Took EVERYTHING" for our divorced members

Oh, and those homoerotic sexual fantasy threads from GeminiRising79 are a shoe-in! I'm sure it will be followed by "My coach, the locker room shower, and his passage to Bangcock"

This is gonna be GREAT!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

What she said. yes.gif

We already have that. It's called The Sense O'Clock News. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 5 2008, 10:41 AM)
Yeah, we NEED a men's only section.  After we move the few threads dedicated to hot babes, I'm sure there will be page after page of threads created by us guys dealing with men's issues.

"Prostate trouble" and "Gravity - it's coming for ya" for the aging male members

"Look, it's growing" and "Should there be this much hair?" for the younger dudes

"The Bitch Took EVERYTHING" for our divorced members

Oh, and those homoerotic sexual fantasy threads from GeminiRising79 are a shoe-in!  I'm sure it will be followed by "My coach, the locker room shower, and his passage to Bangcock"

This is gonna be GREAT!!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Apr 5 2008, 05:12 AM)

I think you and I have no complaints here right DS? laugh.gif 653.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 5 2008, 06:53 AM)

Bingo!

There's already lots of guy stuff on here:

Sense O' Clock News - mostly guy talk

Champion Players - mostly guy talk

That's It - photos of scantly clad honeys

The Macallan - mostly guy talk

Reverse Polarity - mostly guy talk

.....and so on!

I agree totally GG!

Speaking as an older, female, and ardently obsessive RUSH fan . . .

. . . years ago it was amazing to me to see the lack of female attendance in the audience.

. . . I often found myself in the position of having to "prove" that I was indeed a true fan and not just a "date".

. . . on one hand I was sick of hearing that RUSH was "C*ck Rock", but on the other hand, I was truly happy and proud that RUSh did not have a following of tweenie, drooling, bimbos like other bands.

tongue.gif

One of the great contributions of TRF is that fans of all backgrounds, international locations, shapes, ages, sizes, colors, ethnicities, careers, abilities, sexes and sexual preferences, come together to discuss RUSH and solve every possible world problem (speaking bombastically with a tear in my eye, of course!!! laugh.gif ).

NWW offers women, as minority fans, a place to discuss issues particular to a woman's perspective. Do most men on the forum want to talk about how I have to get seats closer to Geddy in an arena, how I pass out on his high notes, and how I check out his pants every chance I get? wub.gif Well, I've discovered, some of you do. wink.gif Some men like to hang out in NWW at times and it's great to share and learn from each other!

" . . . what every woman knows and every man wants to find out . . ."

But, if this is now being considered sexist, hell, I'd be all for a Men's Forum.

As long as I can hang out in there so I don't miss anything!!! ph34r.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 5 2008, 09:51 AM)

What she said. yes.gif

We already have that. It's called The Sense O'Clock News. tongue.gif

Then how about "Perv's Paradise"? 1287.gif

Archived